People want Gwent as a Standalone Game

+
A standalone Gwent game to play vs. other players would be great...

So would be a physical edition in the style of living card games:
You buy one big box, enough for 2 players to play. Then you have a bunch of 7€~10€ expansion packs which includes a set of defined cards. No randomness like in CCG.

Gwent

Hi,

I just want to say that I really like playing Gwent, and I'm not even into card and boardgames, I don't own any card or boardgames.
Is it possible to add an option to the main menu of the game to just play Gwent with a friend online ?
It can be very simple, use the deck from singleplayer or something, invite one friend, play.

I would ask if you would release physical cards so people can buy, collect and play Gwent in real life, but I'm afraid the cards would cost too much and I wouldn't be able to afford really getting into it, so a digital solution, a simple add-on for the game to play against a friend would be great.

A stand alone Gwent option with MP included is an interesting idea and I dig it! I'm not too good at Gwent yet, though I'm learning the ropes, so I'll play ya if they ever add it :)

Make it so. Gwent stand alone game free to play like hearthstone. new source of income for RED to make even greater games.

i'd play it

nooo not free to play, that means they have to break the game up, and you'll have to pay to enjoy and it wouldn't be a fair match between people. Just a simple multiplayer option in W3 is fine! or a cheap standalone on steam, psn and xbla like for 10,- max.

I felt that Gwent it is a bad enhanced copy of an existing boardgame game called Condottiere. The plus of condottiere is that you do not need to collect anything, everyone can have the powerful cards by just draw of luck. I really dislike the collecting of the game in witcher... it is such waste of time. I would have rather had something different to play... more strategy and less "owning" the right card. I am sick of it in heartstone to play against overpowered cards, instead of having good strategies ideas.

Original game published 1995 https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112/condottiere

Last edited:
I felt that Gwent it is a bad enhanced copy of an existing boardgame game called Condottiere. The plus of condottiere is that you do not need to collect anything, everyone can have the powerful cards by just draw of luck. I really dislike the collecting of the game.
I have to say, getting new cards by winning a match is really fun in my opinion. It introduces a risk, and some form of gamble, without it being based on just money or something else, and this way, when you win, you might get a card you didn't have!

Make it so. Gwent stand alone game free to play like hearthstone. new source of income for RED to make even greater games.

i'd play it

Gwent is overrated. It's way too hard to even win your first game. I've played like 20 times and still no winning. I swear, the game cheats. I'll get a solid lead and then all of a sudden the other person gets a bunch of cards at once.

Gwent is overrated. It's way too hard to even win your first game. I've played like 20 times and still no winning. I swear, the game cheats. I'll get a solid lead and then all of a sudden the other person gets a bunch of cards at once.
Really? I find the AI to be too easy most of the time, but only sometimes they just get superior cards, which is just bad luck. But they do fall for my tricks easily.

Any chance to buy physical copy of Gwent?

Hey guys, is there any chance if CDPR will sell some physical copies of Gwent?

I really want to buy it and play with my friends offline :)

I was actually disappointed with Gwent when I first played it in White Orchard. Seemed far to simple to me.

But then as I faced progressively more difficult foes, some of the additional special cards came into play, and I noticed how much strategy they introduce to the game. Now I'm hooked!

If not standalone then a multiplayer version somehow in the game, fun little inconsequential feature like the Arena. Be playing vs other people long after i finished the main game i imagine.

Rebalancing and adding effects to generic cards + adding more cards would be needed for Gwent to have a good PvP experience.

Hey guys, is there any chance if CDPR will sell some physical copies of Gwent?

I really want to buy it and play with my friends offline :)

This ^ exactly!
I want a complete physical set so I can play offline too!
The physical set from the xbone collectors edition only has 120 cards, so it is far from complete! xbox stated there would be 150+ cards in that edition, still wondering if my 2 physical decks of 60 cards each are actually missing cards?

Top Bottom