Igni build is way too Overpowered. It needs a nerf.

+
this remind me so much of WoW players asking for nerf at every corner about anything and Blizzard forced to listen to these morrons instead of making an interesting game with a serious solid vision/depth and freedom of choice, i hope CDPR never goes that way

It boggles my mind that there are so many people who don't get that balance matters even in a single-player game.
It boggles my mind that people do not realize they have a choice to NOT make themselves op. If they can't help but to make themselves op then the fault lies with them not the developers and they do not need to scream for a nerf because of their incapability to make meager choices.

The problem for sign builders is that Igni is so incredibly bland. While the base mode does almost no damage the flamethrower just stunlocks and burns most enemies. Sword combat is incredibly bland too and only needs rudimentary skill, I play on hard and never had problems coming by with both. Another thing is that the sign upgrades are very uninspired and boring(melee too), and that Igni is actually the only real damage source from signs we have because the final Aard upgrade does not scale with intensity and is thus completely useless, while yrdens DPS is too low, but thats also not its main purpose.

Another problem is that the game kinda tries to push us to play a mixed style while some players want to specialize, and in fact the point requirements for skill trees are so high that you have to invest points in skills you dont equip most of the time or dont want just to have access to a more advanced skill thats worth it. So it wants us to mix but forces us to specialize, someone who has a strong igni wont see much of a sense using swords if his igni is already so upgraded that he can roast everything while there are not enough points in swordplay invested to make it attractive.

Same might go for a swordfighter that is always critting and builds up adrenaline at fast speeds, he might not see the use in signs when he can just swoop away everything with a slash or two.

Both styles lack a lot of variety and get boring really fast. Combat is just not deep enough, hoping for more patches and extra content that will spice it up. Right now it looks like a copy from dark souls to me, just with bad hitboxes and way more stunlocking of enemies and only one fighting style.

Seems CDP invested their creativity rather in writing than in ability design. Still enjoying the game, but combat and movements are just its downsides right now.

Guest 3823474

The problem...
Why do you want to specialize if you find it boring? There is a solution for that, you know? Diversification. You are basically asking the game to hold a gun at your head and ordering you to specialize less.
How do you expect Igni to be more interesting if you only want to use Igni? If you aren't satisfied with that, use other stuff. If you still keep using nothing but Igni, then apparently you lack self-discipline and are unable to do things in a style you like and are instead a slave of a desire to dominate.

Forget Igni, what could really use some balance is the skill Meditate. After a fight the Witcher can meditate to full health as many times he wants, refill potions and what not. Hopefully a future Mod or Enhanced Edition adjusts and reduces how this skill is so easy to abuse.

No need for a nerf. If you invest mostly in magic skills(Like I always do, I hate melee) then it must deal lots of damage. It got already nerfed compared to the previous games.

In W3 Igni was pretty weak until I got the third tier upgrade(igni intensity).

I tried an Igni focused build and found it to be much weaker than going into the combat tree. The percentage based burning damage does make it very good against higher level enemies that are susceptible to burning, like wyverns (I destroyed a level 18 wyvern at level 10), but what about enemies that are immune to burning? I find that Igni does almost nothing to enemies that are immune to the burning effect. So that makes an Igni build either hit or miss. Either you destroy the enemy with burning, or they're immune to that effect, and you're in trouble. At least, this is the way I found it. Maybe you know something I don't.

What he said.

of course it's supposed to be overpowered you're freaking Witcher and if its too week they'll complain again. I bet the developers are freaking going crazy over these requests. its a lose lose situation for them because people want things stronger people want things weaker.

---------- Updated at 02:34 PM ----------

Forget Igni, what could really use some balance is the skill Meditate. After a fight the Witcher can meditate to full health as many times he wants, refill potions and what not. Hopefully a future Mod or Enhanced Edition adjusts and reduces how this skill is so easy to abuse.

You do know on higher difficulties that meditation does not regain vitality.

this is really funny. I played the game without igni build but still feel op, I think this is just a matter of taste and perception. To me, skill system are balance in this game. Even if you finally on the max level, unlike similiar RPG (Skyrim, Dragon Age, Dark Souls, etc.) you just can't activate every skills you have while in combat. For god's sake, this is a single player game . . . .
If you really still think otherwise, try play the game on hardest difficulty or play the game with another build or wait for mod that make your character too weak to kill a rabbit just to satisfy your masochism

The worst is when I faced a level 18 wyvern as level 14 and just burned him down while he was perma stunned.
Well I perma stunned a lvl18 (believe it was that) Wyvern as lvl9 with my silver sword and every time I kept fast attacking him he couldn't fly away or do his attack animation. Wyverns are just flat out easy. Played on same difficulty as you, had to use weapon repair kit several times before it died, but didn't get hit once.

Guest 3823474

If you use even a single potion or such, the game will use one bottle of alcohol (strongest first) to replenish the stock.
I guess there could have been a better way to design it, but I don't find it too simplified the way it is. They also removed the need to meditate for alchemy practice, and I can accept that, too. Doesn't seem realistic anyway to require a meditative state for brewing some potions.

yep same with quen if you max it up around lvl 20 game is no challenge even on death march but I think its deeper problem with experience gain and difficulty levels, I am starting to think this game was made for teenagers.....dissapointed

Why do you want to specialize if you find it boring? There is a solution for that, you know? Diversification. You are basically asking the game to hold a gun at your head and ordering you to specialize less.
How do you expect Igni to be more interesting if you only want to use Igni? If you aren't satisfied with that, use other stuff. If you still keep using nothing but Igni, then apparently you lack self-discipline and are unable to do things in a style you like and are instead a slave of a desire to dominate.

You dont get it as it seems. There is no specialization for Igni or any other sign, you can only grow it one direction because we get a meager 4 upgrades with one being completely useless. The other thing is that you can use they same tactic always in the same way to defeat all opponents. Diversification is only possible if there are interesting choices to make, however TW3 upgrades are straightforward and anything else but complex.

For some fights the game will force you to use certain tactics of course, and I am not exclusively using Igni, even if all my skillpoints went to alchemy and signs that does not mean that I don't make use of my sword. You probably didn't play the game enough yet to know that there are some enemies that are quasi-immune to certain signs if you write like that. It just seems you rather spit out unconstructive insults instead of contributing.

I think balance is always important and CDPR has some responsiblity in that but so does the player. If you match a set of fully upgraded end game Armor up with a character who has his skills allocated to create synergy with that armor, of course you will steamroll most mobs.

Perhaps create some limitations to balance things for yourself. Your Sign Build can only wear Light Armor, or can't wear a shirt/gloves, or both. The Combat focused build is all Heavy Armor and won't use Magic Weapons or Signs. Alchemist...I don't know.

Perhaps download a mod to reduce exp earned or set your HP/Stamina lower.

I think balance is always important and CDPR has some responsiblity in that but so does the player. If you match a set of fully upgraded end game Armor up with a character who has his skills allocated to create synergy with that armor, of course you will steamroll most mobs.

Perhaps create some limitations to balance things for yourself. Your Sign Build can only wear Light Armor, or can't wear a shirt/gloves, or both. The Combat focused build is all Heavy Armor and won't use Magic Weapons or Signs. Alchemist...I don't know.

Perhaps download a mod to reduce exp earned or set your HP/Stamina lower.

Reduce XP from quests on death march and problem solved however CDPR doesn't care about hardcore PC players since console sales is flying

yea man so good! Lets use Igni on this earth elemental! *does nothing* Igni is good vs most enemies but are some enemies are just out right IMMUNE to its effects. Also the fact on how EASY it is to interrupt if you dont get that stun in first second or so you are going to get punished. Its fine as is, if you spec heavily for igni, then it SHOULD be doing tons of damage, but moment you meet a monster cant be set on fire... then what? you struggle thats what! i spent 1.5 hours last night trying to deal with a gargoyle i stumbled on because he was immune to igni pretty much(it did 11 damage a second lawl). I had quen to fall back on but was still pretty rough over all.

Top Bottom