Griffin armor is hideos

+
Griffin armor is hideos

Is it just me or does the griffin armor make geralt look like he's eaten way too much and has a food baby? He looks like a pot bellied pig!

Please cdpr! Allow us to use any armor we want, a costume slot for each armor piece that retains the stats of your slotted armor but the look of your costume slots!

Ursine armor is what I would wear but I want to be a sign build! The horror of it all!

i miss that "costume slot" in basically every game >.<
so bad if your used to transmogrification from wow and then have to live with ugly gear in other games :p

+1 for costume slots

It makes sense tbh. I hate having to look at the Geralt and think "wow, he looks like the bloody barron around the midriff"

---------- Updated at 12:59 PM ----------

Im even at the point of using quickbms to change the looks of it!

Solution: Full alchemy build, like this:

This build grants 2x (maybe 3 later) concoctions, 25% mitigation and very high health and high heals. Even on Death march you are very hard to kill.

The ONLY thing you will lack somewhat is damage. With alchemy you have the choice of focusing on cat+fast attack (+6 skills) OR bear+strong attack (+6 skills).

Battletested: I completed blood and broken bombs with the game being too easy mid-late using only alchemy.

Use signs and griffon gear until lvl12-15, then respec and transition to alchemy. You now have the privilege of being very powerful AND have the freedom to choose between bear or cat.

I upgraded to the max, and don't think is all that bad
Eh... seens impossible to upload anything on this forum...
Anyway i got the 3 sets to max:
Griffin
Feline
Ursine
I am using the Ursine body and swords and the feline the rest, didn't mind for the sign boost since i already have +80% with mutagens

Is it just me or does the griffin armor make geralt look like he's eaten way too much and has a food baby? He looks like a pot bellied pig!

Please cdpr! Allow us to use any armor we want, a costume slot for each armor piece that retains the stats of your slotted armor but the look of your costume slots!

If its aesthetics isn't to your liking you could always mod it. The Griffin outfit isn't all that bad and the armour attributes is pretty decent. I don't find it hideous.

Unfortunately, EVERY armor that I found so far (except for Temerian and Kaer Morhen) is absolutely atrocious imho. That includes the 3 witcher sets... I really dislike Griffin, Feline, and Ursine sets :(. I'm quite stunned that after so many gorgeous armor sets in TW2 we've got horrific armor design here. I'm starting to abandon hope that I'll ever find good looking armor and will be stuck wearing my Temerian set the entire game. Oh well.

Most armors are underwhelming, which is why I was very surprised when I found the Redanian armor and saw it was full length. My firebrand Geralt wears full Griffin gear except chest, which is Redanian, now he looks like an old knight.

Unfortunately, EVERY armor that I found so far (except for Temerian and Kaer Morhen) is absolutely atrocious imho. That includes the 3 witcher sets... I really dislike Griffin, Feline, and Ursine sets :(. I'm quite stunned that after so many gorgeous armor sets in TW2 we've got horrific armor design here. I'm starting to abandon hope that I'll ever find good looking armor and will be stuck wearing my Temerian set the entire game. Oh well.

I actually agree on this. Character appearance is important to me (vanity ftw). So I only play alchemy builds as that leaves huge room for choice of armor. Until the developers in charge of creating armor models succeeds in creating a good looking armor I won't be playing sign builds as I too think that the griffin armor looks the worst.

Most armors in the game has this beer belly implemented in them. Some times developers goes too far in sacrificing aesthetics for realism if realism is the cause for this.

Well, it is a breast plate with what is probably a thick doublet under it and they kinda looked like that., to have enough room under the armor.

I'm using the Griffin armor at I think it looks okay, not as cool as the bear stuff, but okay enough.

If I could rip off the skirt from the bear set, I'd use it too but it looks like it would be very movement constricting so I can't bring myself to use it. To the person saying use alchemy build - why bother? I'm using a sign build and even wearing Temerian set on death march I find that I'm way overpowering most quests since the exp curve seems pretty broken.

Yeah, those are the only two armor sets I like also, which is why I'm hoping they release some different armor as DLC, or at least include some new stuff in the future story DLC's.

Going on level 15 and still using the Temerian Armor.

I hope one day we will be allowed to Transmogrify armour pieces, like you can in WoW. Surely there would be some mages that have the ability to do that, no?

All armor in this game are fucking MASTERPIECES.
Despite taking place in a fantasy world they look pretty realistic.
Griffin armor seems to be made of 3 layers: padded cloth, chainmail and hard leather vest.
This should provide pretty good protection.
It looks almost like plate armor because it isn't just leather. And the way it looks in game is pretty accurate.
Why do you think plate armor looks as if it is made for a fat man?
Because there is a reason. What reason? Go dig some historical forums.

This isn't some korean mmorpg or stupid japanese anime. Armor should be practical first, aestetic second.

All armor in this game are fucking MASTERPIECES.
Despite taking place in a fantasy world they look pretty realistic.
Griffin armor seems to be made of 3 layers: padded cloth, chainmail and hard leather vest.
This should provide pretty good protection.
It looks almost like plate armor because it isn't just leather. And the way it looks in game is pretty accurate.
Why do you think plate armor looks as if it is made for a fat man?
Because there is a reason. What reason? Go dig some historical forums.

This isn't some korean mmorpg or stupid japanese anime. Armor should be practical first, aestetic second.

Totally agree. I am bored of seeing no- sense armors on all games (one of the last examples is DAI). The models are very realistic and look like real medieval armors, which is very accurate with the Witcher world

You gotta admit though. Nothing comes close to that Kaer Morhen armor. Shame it's so weak statistically because it's probably the best armor I've seen in any game, let alone W3.

You gotta admit though. Nothing comes close to that Kaer Morhen armor. Shame it's so weak statistically because it's probably the best armor I've seen in any game, let alone W3.

Try full Nilfgaardian armor set. Don't remember it's full name tho. Looks amazing.

Top Bottom