Geralt and NPC voice audio is gone on Xbox One

+
Geralt and NPC voice audio is gone on Xbox One

The game worked fine for awhile, but when I continued, the voice audio for Geralt can not be heard. NPC's that you can enter a conversation with is also gone. As well as the narration at the start of the game and when continuing from the main menu. All other sound is still there. Music, background noise, and non conversation NPC's are all still audible. Anyone else have this problem? Tried re-installing the game disc, but didn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
I'm playing on PS4 and I have the exact same issue. The game started off fine yesterday. Today I have no audio in conversations. All other audio is fine. The issue started with conversation audio sounding very distant and tinny. Now it's either very very faint or non-existent. Can't play on like this. I was really enjoying the voices

I´ve got exactly the same bug on XOne :facepalm: . The first 25-30 hours it ran without any problems, then suddenly the conversation with NPCs was getting quieter and then finaly complete gone. Like Squall611 I`ve tried to re-install the game, but this creepy sound-bug is still there :( . Hope CD Projekt Red will fix this fast ... !

For me it also started today, playing on Xbox One. Its even before loading any save, there is no speak in the intro before going into main menu. I have had no other game breaking issue till today, but this makes the game unplayable:(

Quick question guys. Did you get the issue after installing the latest patch?

I dont think so, my version was 1.01. It happened after aprox. 25-30 hours, for me it started with fading voices in quest with werwolf in cave under his cabin. After this quest, voices were completly gone, even in the intro after restarting the game:/ I didnt started the ladies of the woods quest yet, lvl 9.

Okay so the sound works when it's coming from the TV. When using the amp and speakers, I get the voice audio issue. I understand the PC version has this problem too. Is it the same for you guys?

Quick question guys. Did you get the issue after installing the latest patch?

Patch? This is the Xbox One side of the forum, so if there was a patch for Xbox One, please do tell! Otherwise, might want to be careful mentioning downloading a patch... not too many happy people on this side of the forum.

Patch? This is the Xbox One side of the forum, so if there was a patch for Xbox One, please do tell! Otherwise, might want to be careful mentioning downloading a patch... not too many happy people on this side of the forum.

Sorry guys lol. I thought I'd join in with the discussion here as you're the only guys mentioning this problem. If it makes you feel any better, we're still struggling on the PS4 side. Anyway the issue seems to be with surround sound. Can you guys confirm that?

---------- Updated at 02:56 PM ----------

Fixed my issue on this side! Hope this helps you guys. Simply switched audio output from HDMI out to Digital Out (optical).

Sorry guys lol. I thought I'd join in with the discussion here as you're the only guys mentioning this problem. If it makes you feel any better, we're still struggling on the PS4 side. Anyway the issue seems to be with surround sound. Can you guys confirm that?

---------- Updated at 02:56 PM ----------

Fixed my issue on this side! Hope this helps you guys. Simply switched audio output from HDMI out to Digital Out (optical).

It's no problem! You're welcome to join in our conversation, just wanted to give you a bit of fair warning in the way of mentioning patches... things have been tense on this side of the forum the passed week... we only just recently got CD Projekt Red to tell us that they sent the Xbox One patch off for certifications, but before that it was almost pure silence. Things have eased up since we started getting updates from CDPR, but from a few of the posts, I get the feeling there are still some angry people... so just wanted to give you a heads up! :D

It seems to be fact that the soundprobs show up after a playing time aprox. 25-30 hours ... not from the beginning of the game !? :hmmm: I`m not sure if theres a correlation , but the bug shown up first some time after I installed the "Temerian Armor Set" DLC and "Hair and Beard" DLC ...

OK so I have voices back in game - I tried hard reseting xbox (hold down power button while console is on, than unplug power cord for about two minutes) and now it works. Its strange, I have about 25-30 hours in game, most of the time play with headphones, but some time also on 5.1 receiver. Its strange bug, hope that hard reset will also work for you guys.

Also, my game is still 1.01 so its not problem or solve with new patch.

I'm not sure playtime has anything to do with it. I got my bug right at the beginning in the White Orchard pub.

Happy to say when everything is working as it should, the game is quite brilliant.

Two possible solutions now:
-Change audio output to HDMI/Optical (depending on what it's currently on)
-Hard resetting xbox (hold down power button while console is on, then unplug power cord for about two minutes)

Would like to hear if this has fixed everyone else's issue.

Damn it :angry: Since today "The Witcher 3" is going more and more unplayable ! First I´ve tried the hard-resetting-hint , but the soundbug is already there . Then , after I died in a battle , the screen went black , the little "Loading"-Icon in the right bottom corner showed up and then : NOTHING! :realmad: (freeze) . And finally a few minutes ago in the Novigrad-Docks : suddenly all the NPCs doesn`t walk anymore but float stiffly above the ground - partially without faces - and Gerald ist a baldy , his hair floats two feet behind his head ! :whatthe::wallbash::realmad: I can`t understand why the testers didn`t noticed such major bugs before the release ?! Anyway this game is done for me until CD Projekt Red releases a patch, that will fix all these f****in` bugs !!!

UPDATE: Version is now 1.03 and the freezes and graphic-fails are gone (so far) but this creepy soundbug (no respectively very silent voice of Gerald and NPCs) is still there :rant: .- and also the too small font-size .

Last edited:
Top Bottom