The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
A Very Big THANK YOU to CDPR

Dear CDPR,

I've been a huge fan of your games since I first loaded up the quirky but fantastic Witcher 1 on my PC several years ago. Immediately engrossed by the characters, story, graphics and huge amount of content, I was hooked. I also gobbled up Witcher 2 with great joy.

I know there has been some controversy on the PC version of the game but I wanted to take a moment and say how much I personally appreciate the quick response to patches, fixes, options and overall concern you've shown. I am still in Velen but I am absolutely blown away by the quantity but ESPECIALLY the quality of the content in this game. I am so engrossed in the main story as it develops but even the side quests are stunning in their own right. I can't even imagine the time, energy and efforts that were put into crafting such an incredible world for us to enjoy.

Also, one thing I wanted to mention is a huge THANK YOU for putting so many secrets in dungeons, caves, etc that could be easily overlooked or just not included all together. It makes exploring exciting, rewarding and an absolute blast. I look forward to many more exciting adventures.

Keep up the good work!

-Digitalforce
Utah, USA

Glad to see a positive post for a change! Loving the game too, currently waiting for a fix so I can continue playing the game at all though T_T 50 hours and now I can't do anything, gotta love Baron's quest and the Fyke Isle one though, masterfully crafted stories!

I am one of the pickiest PC gamers in the world as I review games and hardware as part of my career. That being said, after going through the first "Witch" quest and dungeon, I was shocked and amazed at the entire experience and what I have read, that is just one small sliver of the game.

Although there are definitely some features that need to be patched in, I wanted to post about how much I appreciated the amazing detail in this game. In a world of Call of Duty outselling everything, these types of games need to be recognized and awarded.

PS - I haven't don't Baron's or Fyke yet. Without getting into spoilers, I am still at the "Village Witch" ;-)

I honestly thought I was losing interest in gaming, over the past 5 years only one game truly gripped me, that being Dying Light, until I played The Witcher III that is. Although I now fear RPGs are ruined forever, as I can't see anyone topping this game. That being said, the game does have issues, for example the clunky controls and Roach's AI to name a couple, there are a lot of little things that can be improved and I have faith that the devs will keep working on the game until it's perfect as it's so close.

Agreed. It's so obvious that the devs are crafting a work of art, not merely another corporate money grab. The love they have for this game is apparent everywhere. The story, the music, the things this game asks you to do... they all come together to create one of the most seductively dark experiences I've ever been fortunate enough to enjoy.

Don't forget we're all too busy playing this masterpiece to post positive things on the forum (even though we should take some time to thank CDPR for what they achieved with this game !).
I knew W3 was going to be great because of long missed book characters (Yen & Ciri), and somehow not having those characters in the first two episodes make the Witcher 3 far stronger. So far it has gone far beyond all my expectations.
The greatest feeling of all is that among my fellow gamer friends, I was the only one talking about how great the Witcher franchise was back in the days of the first and second game. Everyone was kind of "ok, gonna have to check this out some day".
And now they're all stunned by the quality and the beauty of the Witcher 3. My gosh, "I told you so" moments are so tasty !

I have to agree with what everyone said here. This is truly one of the best experiences i have ever had in my 18+ gaming life.

I still haven't finished the game but i have explored quite a bit of Velen and most of Novigrad. At first i couldn't believe what i was seeing. The amount and quality of dialogue and quest variation is absolutely stunning. And don't let me start on the music.....when i quit the game i start the OST so i can still hear the music.

The world is so alive and i can't get enough of it. I am sure that with future patches and DLC's this is will be one of the biggest and best games ever created.

Thanks CDPR for creating this fantastic game.

I found no words for this awesome game sorry CD-Projekt i´m speechless. I´m 37 years old an i can not remember to play so a good game in over 24 years of gaming. The world the music the mission.....Thank you for the best game in my life. Thank you so much.

Ps. We will see again in your next game!

Glew77
Berlin, Germany

Last edited:
Agreed with the OP very much.

I haven't' seen this much whinging on a forum since I quit WoW, but ignore the haters. The game looks amazing on PC, and apparently people don't get that if you don't want level-scaling, out-leveling content is the cost.

You've done a great job, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next.

Absolutely agree. The team deserve a break for the wonderful work they've done. Sure it can be tweaked and improved but I hope they get a chance to recharge as they must be exhausted.

Thank you for all your efforts in bringing us and continuing to work on Witcher 3!

Maybe we ought to take a leave out of the book of Bioware's customers (though under vastly different circumstances) and arrange a celebratory cupcake delivery to Projekt Red!

I started the witcher series on game two and thought the game was okay, but vastly over hyped by its fans on other games forums *cough*Bioware*cough* and had planned on picking up Witcher 3 later when it had been out for a while at a low price......thankfully after avoiding the pre launch hype I saw a video of Conan O'Brien (?) playing the game, which led to a few more videos and reviews that convinced me to give in and I'm glad I lacked the willpower since it is frankly a superb game in a living breathing world.

So while I have in the past mocked those who couldn't shut up about the Witcher games, I now find my self feeling the same affection and desire towards singing CDPR's praises to anybody who will listen and to those who dont want to listen as well.

Last edited:
yep. kudos CDPR on a job well done! the game isnt perfect, but what game is right.. and overall, this is THE definition of what an RPG should be about.. story, exploration, lore, gear, stat and character skill management, choices, and a world you can lose yourself in. this game provides ALL of that and more.

the only thing holding W3 back IMO is the Geralt's movement. i really hope they fix that going forward.. right now its like he is on roller skates :)

The more I play, the more I am absolutely stunned at the amount of QUALITY things to do there is in this game. I still am just scratching the surface of Velen. Sorry main quests, I've got contracts and amazing side quests to do! :)

Thanks all for your input. Let's flood the fine folks of CDPR with praise instead of nitpicking. We all know they'll make it right in the end.

A big thank you to CDPR for the amount of effort and love put into this game. I have been bored to tears with most games on the PS4. Next Gen has become so lazy with gameplay, missions, etc. Witcher 3 (my first Witcher game) has been fantastic and restored my faith in next gen.

Now, if only i could get a physical copy of Gwent!

There are no Sidequests in this Game.
Dont get me wrong...im serious! ;)

I never played a Game with so much Love and Passion to every Quests along...

"Just this little quest...then i will quit for today...dammit! It goes on and on! I cant stop, i need to know what..."

I always try to post in these threads. Even though I'm way behind compared to other players, the little bit that i have experiences has been nothing short of spectacular. I look forward to playing the first two titles in this series as well. Very good game. CDPR gained a new fan and future player.

Dear CDPR,

I've been a huge fan of your games since I first loaded up the quirky but fantastic Witcher 1 on my PC several years ago. Immediately engrossed by the characters, story, graphics and huge amount of content, I was hooked. I also gobbled up Witcher 2 with great joy.

I know there has been some controversy on the PC version of the game but I wanted to take a moment and say how much I personally appreciate the quick response to patches, fixes, options and overall concern you've shown. I am still in Velen but I am absolutely blown away by the quantity but ESPECIALLY the quality of the content in this game. I am so engrossed in the main story as it develops but even the side quests are stunning in their own right. I can't even imagine the time, energy and efforts that were put into crafting such an incredible world for us to enjoy.

Also, one thing I wanted to mention is a huge THANK YOU for putting so many secrets in dungeons, caves, etc that could be easily overlooked or just not included all together. It makes exploring exciting, rewarding and an absolute blast. I look forward to many more exciting adventures.

Keep up the good work!

-Digitalforce
Utah, USA

How nice its to see a positive post in this forum!! I'm 100% with you my friend!!

I just finished the Bloody Baron's storyline, and seriously - if this isn't the best written and structured questline ever, I don't know what is. You can nitpick this game to death, but when it comes to the big stuff that actually matters, CDPR have just gone and schooled the entire industry on how to do RPGs. My only problem is I'll never be able to enjoy another game as much as I used to because I'll always think, eh, pretty good, but it's no Witcher 3.

I always try to post in these threads. Even though I'm way behind compared to other players, the little bit that i have experiences has been nothing short of spectacular. I look forward to playing the first two titles in this series as well. Very good game. CDPR gained a new fan and future player.

It's quite interesting that all three games are amazing in their own right but honestly, I don't think many players got past the first few hours in Witcher 1. It's one of those rare games that get better and better all the way through.

---------- Updated at 11:39 PM ----------

And a few my shots that display the absolutely technical and artistic beauty of this game (PC Version)

http://i.imgur.com/BkDpT1L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CozKafK.jpg

Top Bottom