Any tips for Horse Racing?

+
Any tips for Horse Racing?

Horses in Witcher 3.... :mean: /thread

Seriously though I can't seem to win a horse race for the life of me, and instead of simply bemoaning the horse controls I'd rather try and see if anyone else has been able to "overcome" this and has some tips for how to successfully horse racing?

The problems I keep having are that the horse races fine when it locks onto a road but whenever I try to go offroad it stutters to a near stop or slow canter like as if I just ran into something. I also keep burning all my horse stamina usually at a crucial moment right before the end of the race.

So any advice on how best to win these things?

I am playing on PC using a XBOX 360 controller.

Take 1st place, run till stamina runs out, start jogging infront of your apponent so you block him from sprinting, regain stamina - rush and win.

Haven't lost a horse race yet except for the one that had you go same track over again but turn opposite way the second time, which of course instant loss when I turned wrong way lol.

I noticed a few things while riding though I wonder if it changes on higher difficulties.
1. If you are going slow they will slow down to match you...
2. It is real easy to knock them of course or get in there way once in front of them

Once you know the track and when it will end I'd suggest trying to get in front of them then not go full speed until you are at the point your horse can reach end without running out of stamina. Oddly I can never get the auto follow road thing to work, could be because I'm using Mouse/keyboard... also could be why I have no trouble manually following road...

I lost the first one because the course isn't well marked and the map dots sent my off in the wrong direction. After that just sprint and block your way to victory.

Don't veer off the path and don't follow the minimap pathfinder. It's inconsistent and in one of the races, outright points you to the wrong direction and a dead end.

Top Bottom