Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look great but I have to wonder if her Sword of Destiny appearance isn't better
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HtVdAasjOgU/maxresdefault.jpg

I preferred Yen in that trailer too, she looked less bossy and bitchy

I'm 90% sure that is the same model as ingame. I took the time making a comparison gif of that same scene.

http://i.imgur.com/MK58Y3l.gif
I tried my best aligning the two as close as possible, but with her facial movement it's quite challenging.
As you can see, the shape of the face is pretty much the same. Her beauty mark and freckles are in the right place and looks the same They are kinda hard to because of the blood, and how small the resolution is. You're going to have to take my word for it. I'm also not sure on what platform the ingame screenshot has been taken from. I have no save of that quest on my PC.
But anyway. The major difference here is the lighting, the colours from the ingame shot are way more saturated. Makes Triss look a bit different.

I plan to update that one, once i'm done with my re-playthrough of the Witcher series. No doubt by the time I hit Witcher 3 again, there will be a handful of Shader/ENB mods that will emulate the looks of the trailers.

First post for me, i just want to say you guys are doing a great job, hopefully CD Projekt realise how important Triss is to fans of the game, i was also very dissapointed with how yennefer was favored over triss, it seemed like triss was just a backup option in case you didn't like yen - but this is a role playing game, every romance for the major characters should be treated equally instead of treating this game like it was just an extension of the books. I mean yennefer's personality is terrible (kinda like my ex, although yen has her moments) and the game shouldn't force her on us. Plus most people like triss, she is currently winning the poll on hottest witcher character (no suprise there) and there was a huge thread about yen vs triss that is over 300 pages long and still growing, how did CD Projekt not notice how important the relationships were going to be in this game?, not to mention the trailers for this game also emphasize the triss romance, but when the game released they made triss the ex girlfriend and yen the 'default' romance :(

First post for me, i just want to say you guys are doing a great job, hopefully CD Projekt realise how important Triss is to fans of the game, i was also very dissapointed with how yennefer was favored over triss, it seemed like triss was just a backup option in case you didn't like yen - but this is a role playing game, every romance for the major characters should be treated equally instead of treating this game like it was just an extension of the books. I mean yennefer's personality is terrible (kinda like my ex, although yen has her moments) and the game shouldn't force her on us. Plus most people like triss, she is currently winning the poll on hottest witcher character (no suprise there) and there was a huge thread about yen vs triss that is over 300 pages long and still growing, how did CD Projekt not notice how important the relationships were going to be in this game?, not to mention the trailers for this game also emphasize the triss romance, but when the game released they made triss the ex girlfriend and yen the 'default' romance :(

Its because TW3 is more a sequel to the books than the games and in the books Yen is Geralts true love
Not a good excuse I know but probably the reason for Triss limited screentime

In the books the Geralt-Ciri-Yen dynamic is the most important so if they made Triss equal to Yen lots of things would need to be changed

but that was for the main story, they could of had more triss in side quests or just dialogue options where you could explain their relationship to others, also i don't get why they made this game a sequel to the books, the author of the books already has stated that the games and the books can not mix and that the games are a separate story so CD Projekt could of continued on the story set by the previous witcher games since they had the freedom to do almost any storyline they wanted, but instead it feels like they wanted to focus on the book fans rather than the previous game fans, i'm not saying that ciri and yen should of had less screentime, i am just saying it seems lazy to build a relationship with the characters from the previous games and then act like they are only side/minor characters in this game, they also said that this game is accessible for newcomers, but a newcomer would think that triss is just a random potential romance option rather than her being the main romance option in the previous games.

Its because TW3 is more a sequel to the books than the games and in the books Yen is Geralts true love
Not a good excuse I know but probably the reason for Triss limited screentime

In the books the Geralt-Ciri-Yen dynamic is the most important so if they made Triss equal to Yen lots of things would need to be changed
This isn't the books though, Andrzej Sapkowski said back in 2012 that the game and the books are seperate and he doesn't consider the game to be a true instalment of the series which means there's no reason triss should be relegated especially when she's featured more prominently in the previous games.

This isn't the books though, Andrzej Sapkowski said back in 2012 that the game and the books are seperate and he doesn't consider the game to be a true instalment of the series which means there's no reason triss should be relegated especially when she's featured more prominently in the previous games.
Exactly

I agree but CDPR apparently thought otherwise (sadly)

Yeah it's a shame, this is a role-playing game after all and it is supposed to be the end of Geralt's story which probably also means that outside of future dlc, it will no longer have Yennefer or Triss or Dandelion (in any future games). although maybe they will surprise us if they decide to do another Witcher game, but for now hopefully some dlc will expand on some characters.

Which is exactly why our favourite characters should get a better send off. BioWare did something similar with the Citadel DLC, this is the end of the road for Geralt in the game and for Triss, I sure hope CDPR will give us something down the line, not just for Triss fans but for all of us regardless to what team we " support "

The Triss content didn't seem lacking to me at first because it took me a while to get to Skellige and have any interaction with Yen. Whereas I met Triss relatively early in the game and thus felt like she was readily available for a good portion of my play time. But now looking back after having completed the main story, I suppose Triss doesn't get all that much screen time. It doesn't bother me much though, as I've seen enough of her from the first two games and was thus more interested in Yennefer. Though I can understand that others may have grown attached to her over the first two games.

Yeah i was happy with the quests she had at Novigrad, but after that it was all Yen Yen Yen, and Triss had nothing to say except Well? (every single god damn time), i wonder if the developers cut content out or run out of time and resources.

I suspect that this will change, either in an expansion or (hopefully) in whatever their equivalent of an expanded edition is. Maybe even in DLC.

I have now finished the game and I feel even worse about the Triss "Romance" now then I did before completing the game. The focus on all quest interaction was give the Yen. I can understand this to an extent as Ciri is very important to both Geralt and Yen. However, it is established that Ciri is also important to Triss as well. The game is clearly designed to guide the player towards choosing Yes over Triss, and if you don't then the game feels punitive towards us (The Player) for not choosing Yen. We suffer less dialog, fewer dialog options, fewer quests and fewer appearances in the main story quests. The Triss "Romance" feels more like it was an after thought for the CDPR. That a writer or producer asked when they were wrapping up the script, "Hey should we include Triss as a romance?" And they added a white wash worth of content on the game to give us a "Romance."

I spent most of the game after choosing Triss expecting to find Triss and Yen fighting. Yen is very confident and hot blooded woman, and being turned down by someone she loves obviously leaves a wound. She would snap at or at least say something to Triss about it. Triss also being a confident strong woman would defend herself while attempting to be apologetic. One of the many reasons I like Triss over Yen is Triss is empathetic and compassionate. Triss cares about others and their well being, so Triss would feel terrible about Geralt choosing her over Yen, but she loves Geralt and stand with that love. Which could have introduced a romance (not sex) scene between Geralt and Triss of reassuring her along with giving her back the Rose of Remembrance and have it no long be dead, but alive and forever blooming. A small romantic side quest for Triss and Geralt.

Ciri doesn't even make any mention of the romantic situation. She acts as though nothing is going on at all. The only character that does mention something about it is a tertiary character on the one quest you do with them. Which was a quest I was hoping I could choose to take Triss on, but nope CDPR didn't give me a choice.

Even the ending with Triss left me with a hollow feeling because it felt tacked on. Again it felt as though it were an after thought. When the final quest starts we get one scene with Triss. The rest is all Yen. I do not understand the bias CDPR has against Triss.

I started a new game on Death March and I decided to romance Yen this time, but the more I think about it, I am not sure I can do it.

I have now finished the game and I feel even worse about the Triss "Romance" now then I did before completing the game. The focus on all quest interaction was give the Yen. I can understand this to an extent as Ciri is very important to both Geralt and Yen. However, it is established that Ciri is also important to Triss as well. The game is clearly designed to guide the player towards choosing Yes over Triss, and if you don't then the game feels punitive towards us (The Player) for not choosing Yen. We suffer less dialog, fewer dialog options, fewer quests and fewer appearances in the main story quests. The Triss "Romance" feels more like it was an after thought for the CDPR. That a writer or producer asked when they were wrapping up the script, "Hey should we include Triss as a romance?" And they added a white wash worth of content on the game to give us a "Romance."

I spent most of the game after choosing Triss expecting to find Triss and Yen fighting. Yen is very confident and hot blooded woman, and being turned down by someone she loves obviously leaves a wound. She would snap at or at least say something to Triss about it. Triss also being a confident strong woman would defend herself while attempting to be apologetic. One of the many reasons I like Triss over Yen is Triss is empathetic and compassionate. Triss cares about others and their well being, so Triss would feel terrible about Geralt choosing her over Yen, but she loves Geralt and stand with that love. Which could have introduced a romance (not sex) scene between Geralt and Triss of reassuring her along with giving her back the Rose of Remembrance and have it no long be dead, but alive and forever blooming. A small romantic side quest for Triss and Geralt.

Ciri doesn't even make any mention of the romantic situation. She acts as though nothing is going on at all. The only character that does mention something about it is a tertiary character on the one quest you do with them. Which was a quest I was hoping I could choose to take Triss on, but nope CDPR didn't give me a choice.

Even the ending with Triss left me with a hollow feeling because it felt tacked on. Again it felt as though it were an after thought. When the final quest starts we get one scene with Triss. The rest is all Yen. I do not understand the bias CDPR has against Triss.

I started a new game on Death March and I decided to romance Yen this time, but the more I think about it, I am not sure I can do it.
My thoughts exactly, i wish they would stop leading the player to choosing Yen because i just didn't like her in a romantic sense, and i wanted to actually see Geralt and Triss together rather than just the sex scene, but no everything that happened in the previous game seems to be taken away and the game might as well tell you that if you don't choose Yen then you will end up alone or in a tacked on relationship. Seriously for an open world game there should of been much more interaction with Triss - a good possible storyline wasted to further Yen's story.

Something else I noticed, in every scene that does have Triss and Yen together Triss acts like she has been rejected by Geralt and that Geralt chose Yen. Yen also acts as though Geralt rejected her, but didn't choose Triss. It doesn't make any sense. It is in every scene.

There is also the scene when you bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen and Yen kisses Geralt in front of Triss. Triss just looks embarrassed/envious of Yen and looks away. And Triss then goes on to do and say nothing about it to anyone. I do not know of any woman who would see another woman kisses her love and not say something to the other woman about it. The conversation between Triss and Yen could be calm and civil, but words would be exchanged. Triss wouldn't attack Geralt about it, it is not in Triss's personality nor would it fit their relationship. Yen on the other hand would attack Geralt over it. Another reason why I do not like Yen.

Yeah that is one of the complaints that can't be fixed now since the game was released. I would honestly like to know from the developers why they had Yen as the canon/default romance and tossed Triss aside. In the trailers they showed Triss and Geralt together (although the e3 trailer scene was removed from the final game apparently), the developers said in the interviews that Triss is an important character and choosing between her and Yen would be a storyline in the game (yet it really wasn't), they also had Triss at cosplay events, had lots of artwork for her, and considering everything CD Projekt did with the character for the release of the Witcher 2 (she was in playboy and they even got a model to pose as her), it just doesn't make any sense that they would make Triss appear more redundant in the game. I don't mean to criticize CD Projekt because they are a wonderful company that actually cares about their fans, but were they always planning to make Yen the endgame and just have Triss as nothing more than creating a love triangle (so Yen could get angry at Geralt). I have been a fan of the Witcher games since 2008 and i bought a Playstation 4 for this game as well as buying the collector edition of this game and one of the things i anticipated the most was continuing to develop the relationship between Triss and Geralt, but it isn't really there and this was the final game for both these characters so that is even more disappointing. Again i want to point out that apart from that, this game is a 10/10 and i hope this game is really successful, because CD Projekt deserve it and i do not mean to show any hate towards the developers because they are still my favourite team.

Let's remember our (last) wish is for a satisfying Triss (romance) story, not to take away from the Yennefer path.

It's easy to fall into frustration with it, even I who's favorite book character is Yen.

If you don't plan on playing her romance story, I encourage you to do so, it ties into the books and is well done.

It should be an example of what the Triss story *can* become.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Request: It would be nice to see one or several Triss quests in TW3 that involve Triss's personal life and interests. We can observe how the books feed into the Yennefer path, and with Triss so well established in TW1&2, it would enrich hers in a similar way. I think this is the root of a 'lack of mystery' some people see in Triss, that they don't envision her outside of Geralt's life.

I agree, the good thing is that what we saw of the Triss romance had a lot of potential, a couple of scenes were incredibly well done, its just the relationship mostly stopped after those scenes. Future dlc or an expansion can easily bring Triss more into the story (and her relationship with Geralt).
During the last wish quest, i wish there was an option that if you romanced Triss instead of Yen that you could tie your player's fate with Triss as sort of a way to say that Triss is your true love now

Let's remember our (last) wish is for a satisfying Triss (romance) story, not to take away from the Yennefer path.

It's easy to fall into frustration with it, even I who's favorite book character is Yen.

If you don't plan on playing her romance story, I encourage you to do so, it ties into the books and is well done.

It should be an example of what the Triss story *can* become.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Request: It would be nice to see one or several Triss quests in TW3 that involve Triss's personal life and interests. We can observe how the books feed into the Yennefer path, and with Triss so well established in TW1&2, it would enrich hers in a similar way. I think this is the root of a 'lack of mystery' some people see in Triss, that they don't envision her outside of Geralt's life.

Yes, this exactly. =)

I updated the OP again, added some links to a couple posts I found interesting in the last pages of the thread !

Something else I noticed, in every scene that does have Triss and Yen together Triss acts like she has been rejected by Geralt and that Geralt chose Yen. Yen also acts as though Geralt rejected her, but didn't choose Triss. It doesn't make any sense. It is in every scene.

There is also the scene when you bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen and Yen kisses Geralt in front of Triss. Triss just looks embarrassed/envious of Yen and looks away. And Triss then goes on to do and say nothing about it to anyone. I do not know of any woman who would see another woman kisses her love and not say something to the other woman about it. The conversation between Triss and Yen could be calm and civil, but words would be exchanged. Triss wouldn't attack Geralt about it, it is not in Triss's personality nor would it fit their relationship. Yen on the other hand would attack Geralt over it. Another reason why I do not like Yen.
After this scene in Kaer Morhen and up to the end I wait for showdown betwen Yen and Triss, and when I saw how Yen kiss Geralt in front of Triss I think "What is THIS? I reject Yen and choose Triss, why I see this?" with no explanation
It'll be good, if we have dependence on TW2 story, so if we saved Triss then in TW3 she and Geralt must be together from the start and rose of memory is alive.
Triss and Yen are friends, so if Triss help Geralt to find Yen it woldn't be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom