Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And combine that with a inconsistent Triss story line. Truly a shame for the supposed last game with Geralt of Rivia.

And the most attractive ingame character which everyone would marry and die for.. Triss Merigold <3

I totally agree with the matter.
After the lighthouse scene, she tells you she's going to help you and be with you all along, it'd be great if that was actually the case ! And some ending cinematic where you could see geralt and her in kovir.

I just made an account because i'm not happy with this few triss-time in the witcher 3. I love triss since i met her the first time in the witcher 2 and i was looking forward to spend more time with her in the witcher 3. And i really enjoyed the time, but it was too less time :(
I really hope CDPR will add more triss-content in the future. She is my favourite female videogame-character of all time and if they will end the romance between geralt and triss like that, i'm not satisfied ...

Yeah, I mean I purposefully professed my love to Triss and Yennefer to see how they would interact with one another. The scene we get is absolutely great, and I'm OK with that choice meaning I get neither, but I was disappointed Geralt couldn't even try with either of them afterward. If Geralt actually cares one (or both) romantically then there's no way that his response to getting permanently shut down is "OK."

I think Yen might be done with him at that point, but if Geralt said the right things to Triss, I think she would still happily couple up with him.

I just made an account because i'm not happy with this few triss-time in the witcher 3. I love triss since i met her the first time in the witcher 2 and i was looking forward to spend more time with her in the witcher 3. And i really enjoyed the time, but it was too less time :(
I really hope CDPR will add more triss-content in the future. She is my favourite female videogame-character of all time and if they will end the romance between geralt and triss like that, i'm not satisfied ...

Welcome to the club! we are 145 strong and growing with each player that finished the game

People always say there is an unbreakable bond between Geralt and Yen, that Yen is Geralt's true love.
Are they talking about the Genii's last wish? It good we have the quest to break that bond :D

Yes, Geralt's last wish is at fault. When they first met, his observations of her were quite negative, yet they instantly fell in love.

So there is a bond beyond the wish, with all they've been through, but the argument of it being unconditional love is pretty tough to make.

Yennefer's last wish should break it, letting the player decide their future.

Last edited:
Little answer required here:

Totally Triss-Team, I played for over 40 hours till now and just arrived at Novigrad. Did the first Quest with Triss where you have to get rid of the rats.

My question now is the following: How much Triss scenes do come after Novigrad ? I did not read the whole thread, but got the hang that there is not really much ...
Maybe somebody can express it in kinda % ? Like 90% Novigrad - 10% rest of the game ??

Because I play really slow, with much exploration and kinda really would go for Triss !! But maybe I just go for Triss in Novigrad to see the scenes, then reload and play on from Novigrad with Yen choice ( not really into this at the moment to tell the truth ... the first scenes at white orchard and palace, she was kinda really bitchy ... :( )
Would really appreciate an answer with minimum spoilers ;) :D

Now on topic:

Hopefully the DLC's or Expansions do change this ... I would trade Toussaint for more Triss ... ( many toussaint fans gonna hate me for this sentence, I'm sorry ^^ the redhead just got me ^^ )

@MaxItOut Most of Triss scenes take place in Novigrad. In fact in that part of the game she is very well represented and has some really great moments. Sadly after the Novigrad portion of the game she is sidelined a lot. She does appear and you do have some moments together, won't spoil it further than that, but very large part of Triss romance does take place in Novigrad.

@MaxItOut Most of Triss scenes take place in Novigrad. In fact in that part of the game she is very well represented and has some really great moments. Sadly after the Novigrad portion of the game she is sidelined a lot. She does appear and you do have some moments together, won't spoil it further than that, but very large part of Triss romance does take place in Novigrad.

By large part, do you mean

The 10 second sideline from the main-story quest where she asks you to move in with her?

or is it something else?

sorry - my mistake - read it wrong :S I thought you meant that large part is outside Novigrad.

Last edited:
@AdamSnow Nope, by large part I mean the Novigrad section. What you wrote in the spoiler tag is basically all we get after Novigrad, there is also that side mission where she releases the trapped soldier from the statue, but nothing important conversation wise happens there.

@AdamSnow Nope, by large part I mean the Novigrad section. What you wrote in the spoiler tag is basically all we get after Novigrad, there is also that side mission where she releases the trapped soldier from the statue, but nothing important conversation wise happens there.

Yeah I corrected myself a minute after >.< I still hope, somehow, I missed something and will suddenly discover there's a scene or two I failed to get

Last edited:
Wanted to add that I agree with the OP and this thread overall. Although I think there's a bigger problem with the romance system entirely. I'll copy paste a reply I wrote earlier to another thread (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...eaking-romance-plot-I-feel-dirty-now-Spoilers) below:

Agreed. The romance system is poorly designed and extremely shallow compared to previous games. I have two main gripes with how romance was executed:

1) The game forces you to love one person or the other, Geralt cannot love both. Even though this is entirely plausible and believable given his history (both canonical and from past games) with both women. I was eagerly imagining a confrontation scene where Geralt finally confesses his love for both women, and some sort of choice would have to be made with appropriate consequences. This would've been an excellent way to round off the trio's history from the games and cannon via the novels. But I was shocked to see CDPR take such a lazy approach to this, especially since romance had such a huge part to play in the last two games.

2) Aside from that though, the biggest problem is the 'layout' of the romance subplot. If a player follows the natural progression of the game, this always leads to meeting/completing Triss's Now or Never side quest well before even giving the player a chance to explore Yen's character and actually deciding who to romance.

This leads to quite the significant bias towards Triss very early in the game. At this stage Yen has little to no screen time to develop as a character, and the player has literally no one else to romance (not to mention that Triss is pretty much a useless character after the battle of Khaer Mohren. Even if you romanced her properly as I did, nothing about your relationship with Triss is referenced after that - Yen still feels like she has more precedence given her role in the main story. But that's another topic with lots of good threads for it already).

This bias later on shifts very significantly towards Yen when in Skellige, but at this stage its too late. The player is punished as a 'whore' for exploring what was at the time the only romantic path available to them if they later decide that Yen is their romance of choice. This doesn't represent how relationships work in real life let alone the back-and-forth Triss, Yen and Geralt have in the books. This aspect is poorly mirrored in TW3.

If the layout had been more fair to present both characters to the player equally (even a brief glance in this forum shows that Triss was severly under represented as a character). Then provide some form of choice between the two (which I was surprised not to see given how TW has always been about choices) it would be structured far better.

The overall feeling I got from the romance system was that it was rushed and hastily done. There wasn't anywhere near as much depth as I would expect from CDPR games that I've grown to love.

That's also my idle hope.

Sadly there isn't Triss post Novigrad is basically reduced to "Well"
No interesting interactions with Ciri, none with Yennefer and of course not with Geralt I think they followed the books a bit too faithfully

Why can't Triss be another mother figure to Ciri?

No interesting interactions with Ciri, none with Yennefer and of course not with Geralt I think they followed the books a bit too faithfully

That's apparently asking too much. Because even a big sister (like she suppose to be in according to the books as I understood it) she's not

Actually loved the main story till novigrad. Even more so, some of the side quests, they're really unique ... but this does give me really a bumb :(

Hopefully gonna still be able to enjoy the rest of the game ... but the lack of Triss does make the plot less attractive for me. W3 stands under the "Geralts fights for his loved ones", but in fact it's only Ciri. There's just much potential left for Triss.

Again hopefully CDPR gives in and change their plans regarding expansion, focusing more on giving Triss enough space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom