[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

This is about the immersion being destroyed at the end of the game.
Don't read if you have not completed or don't want to know the ending.

- Read -
So finished the story, two of the three possible main ways and also gave victory to Redo and second time to Nilfgaard... I got the ending I really wanted Which was Geralt and Yen moving away and finding peace and love together. Nilfgaard winning the war, which stopped the genocide in the northern kingdoms and Ciri becoming Empress... I was basically really happy with this ending.

But then after I had my preferred ending I was dropped into a empty lonely castle and when I went out from a lonely cold castle... no longer inhabited by Witcher's I went into an empty world, no longer inhabited by friends and family... The entire world which I had made in the game, was basically gone. Completely ripped me out of the immersion, also really hurt the ending for me.

I couldn't See or talk to the people who I had had this massive journey with or talk to them and say "Hi, How are things?" When I was passing through... It was a small thing but it literally made me not want to play the game after the ending, since it felt like the whole game world had suddenly become hollow. Like with the possible ending of Geralt alone with no one... even though I had made an ending that was happy and bright for all the people involved it resulted in the same hollow world.

I don't know if its just me but I really feel that Red should have at least put the main characters in the game after the end... Ciri talking with the Emperor/Travelling passive from inn to inn and you can sometimes bump into her and say Hi, Yen/Triss and Geralt living together, but obviously Geralt being able to travel and take on Monster Contracts. Had Red done this I would have come outta the ending feeling that the game was complete and that I could go around doing Contracts and side quests well also feeling that the world was full of people I care about and had saved(or not).

It completely toke me outta the game... I dunno about you.
I dunno man but I think Ciri becoming the empress is not good cuz in the novels the reason why the emperor (Ciri's father) wanted to find Ciri and make her his empress is because the emperor wanted to impragnate Ciri and make her carry a child for him.(its because of the elder blood that Ciri have)(incest alert) That is what I remember but if I were you I would read all the novels and short story instead.(just to be sure)

Anyway the ending that I had is the one where Ciri became a witcheress(best ending in my opinion BTW). And I totally agree with you cause I feel empty after I finished the game. LET US MAKE A PETITION ABOUT THIS MATTER!!!

Last edited:
Maybe they should expand it by providing a dlc as the expansions will be just more and more missions. I would also like to see a world where geralt goes out on a hunt and tries or yenefer(who ever you choose) will be at home doing something, so that they can actually live happily forever in game also. A dlc for that is a must as i think it is the only chance.

Maybe they should expand it by providing a dlc as the expansions will be just more and more missions. I would also like to see a world where geralt goes out on a hunt and tries or yenefer(who ever you choose) will be at home doing something, so that they can actually live happily forever in game also. A dlc for that is a must as i think it is the only chance.

That's what I want to that you can hunt monsters whith Ciri and have yen or tries somwher I the world this wuld make for a great expensive pack after I you get the god ending ciri dose become a witcher

---------- Updated at 09:29 AM ----------

We need to speed this on other sites like Twitter to the devs ofcurse and YouTube and redit

Nothing is destroyed.
It is clearly stated that after you finish main quests the story and its development is over. Ciri and Geralt part ways no matter what, and Geralt either stays a loner or finds his love.

You just get a sandbox to finish contracts or other side quests. Without further story. The game and story ended, its just a sandbox.

Last edited:
Yeah that is the problem, the feels! No matter what ending you get you will still be moved by the feels, and then suddenly after all that you will just find yourself in Kaer Morhen(all alone and with no one beside you), even though you have not yet managed to moved on from the great amount of unbearable emotions that the ending had brought upon your heart and soul. The game just puts you into a world that reminds you that all of the great momemts you have experienced troughout the story are nothing but a simulated fantasy. Yes it is sad, but its the sad truth.

I read a lot of these comments and I have to say I whole heartedly agree with all of them. I bought this game new to the series. My favorite games are open world sandbox game. This game blew all the other games out of this universe. This game made me want to explore, fight, loot, learn, and dare more than any other rpg open world game I've ever played. It's the only game that made me want to go the extra mile in order to get the result I wanted. I want as far as to look for and craft all three tiers of griffin armour. Games like assassin's creed I was never motivated to go treasure hunting or get unique gear. I love this game. I can say that it is my number 1 favorite game I have ever played. Not exaggerating. The world is beautiful and has immersed me in the environment of nature, civilization, and culture like no other game has before. I spent so much time exploring and experiencing I was often a higher level than the main story required i be to safely complete it. I thoroughly played this game from start to finish...to the end. I had to re-do the ending 3 times to get the desired end. Lol. It was a lot of work, but I finally got ciri to become a witcheress. On top of all my praises so far I must say that this game also excels at making well put together characters you actually feel something for. The story was so perfectly written. The end could have been after you found ciri but no it went on so much more. They made you work to find ciri and then afterwords you got to work with ciri and become companions with everyone. The ending was amazing...except the fact when I gave ciri the sword a small summary of what the results of your actions were then....you arrive in a large empty fortress...I felt so depressed and sad. I was surrounded mere moments ago by people that I felt for, then I am all alone in a fortress that looks as though there were just people there and left right as I arrived...the fires still going on the torches. Eskel gone it even says in the character profiles that he takes care of the fortress now, lambert gone (kind of to be expected), triss/yen gone...ciri is gone. The only people I could find is zoltan and dandelion back at the inn. No sorceress of the lodge members to be found. Quite depressing. In near to come dlc I hope that these characters make a return permanently. Honestly it's hard for me to find the will to continue played without any of these characters existing. I don't think if they remain missing I'll play much more. It's so empty without them. I would like to see a dlc of us able to restore at least a little the witcher school. Recruit more witchers and/or rebuild and renovate the fortress. It's so depressing there. A large fortress surrounded by huge mountains and endless wilderness all alone. Those are my only two real must have dlc. Also fix some bugs lol but I can manage those a lot more than an empty fruitless world. Oh lastly I'd like to see the racism in novigrad lessen significantly. I killed radovid for a reason. I wanted to restore the northern realms and also get rid of the root of the evil. I succeeded but I have yet to see any changes in the cities appearance and conduct. Kind of upsetting seeing as the reason I went back 4 hours in the campaign for the 3rd time so I could kill radovid and make the continent a better place. 9/10 game. 10/10 once we get some life into the post campaign game!

Still it's not impossible
There rom for a expensive pack because they don't part ways directly after garled hunts whith her and learns her every thing he know so it could be expensive pack right there. And if he ends up whit tries or yen in a house way not add that in the game?? They culd make it a paid expensive pack

Just like skyrim did whith 3 huge dlc

---------- Updated at 10:21 AM ----------

Yes that's what we all want

---------- Updated at 10:32 AM ----------

Something that is lacking in this game is social interactivity with the friends and lover (triss espacially)

I know about all the subquest and the living world, full of subs.. But who care about them if you could have more quest with the people you care about or more dialogues and "events" with them...

I hope the devs will add more and more contents about them in the endgame or with the dlcs, really hope about that...
Or for real there is no reasons to continue on playining the game after the end of the story, even if i have a lot of contracts to do

I read a lot of these comments and I have to say I whole heartedly agree with all of them. I bought this game new to the series. My favorite games are open world sandbox game. This game blew all the other games out of this universe. This game made me want to explore, fight, loot, learn, and dare more than any other rpg open world game I've ever played. It's the only game that made me want to go the extra mile in order to get the result I wanted. I want as far as to look for and craft all three tiers of griffin armour. Games like assassin's creed I was never motivated to go treasure hunting or get unique gear. I love this game. I can say that it is my number 1 favorite game I have ever played. Not exaggerating. The world is beautiful and has immersed me in the environment of nature, civilization, and culture like no other game has before. I spent so much time exploring and experiencing I was often a higher level than the main story required i be to safely complete it. I thoroughly played this game from start to finish...to the end. I had to re-do the ending 3 times to get the desired end. Lol. It was a lot of work, but I finally got ciri to become a witcheress. On top of all my praises so far I must say that this game also excels at making well put together characters you actually feel something for. The story was so perfectly written. The end could have been after you found ciri but no it went on so much more. They made you work to find ciri and then afterwords you got to work with ciri and become companions with everyone. The ending was amazing...except the fact when I gave ciri the sword a small summary of what the results of your actions were then....you arrive in a large empty fortress...I felt so depressed and sad. I was surrounded mere moments ago by people that I felt for, then I am all alone in a fortress that looks as though there were just people there and left right as I arrived...the fires still going on the torches. Eskel gone it even says in the character profiles that he takes care of the fortress now, lambert gone (kind of to be expected), triss/yen gone...ciri is gone. The only people I could find is zoltan and dandelion back at the inn. No sorceress of the lodge members to be found. Quite depressing. In near to come dlc I hope that these characters make a return permanently. Honestly it's hard for me to find the will to continue played without any of these characters existing. I don't think if they remain missing I'll play much more. It's so empty without them. I would like to see a dlc of us able to restore at least a little the witcher school. Recruit more witchers and/or rebuild and renovate the fortress. It's so depressing there. A large fortress surrounded by huge mountains and endless wilderness all alone. Those are my only two real must have dlc. Also fix some bugs lol but I can manage those a lot more than an empty fruitless world. Oh lastly I'd like to see the racism in novigrad lessen significantly. I killed radovid for a reason. I wanted to restore the northern realms and also get rid of the root of the evil. I succeeded but I have yet to see any changes in the cities appearance and conduct. Kind of upsetting seeing as the reason I went back 4 hours in the campaign for the 3rd time so I could kill radovid and make the continent a better place. 9/10 game. 10/10 once we get some life into the post campaign game!

Yes support this post and spred it too make the devs take action

I do believe that an expansion pass (that costs somewhere around the game costs) doesn't offer only 2 random dlc missions. I really hope they will add dlc missions with main characters (triss, yen, ciri). Someone can try contact with CDProjekt on Twitter and get an answer from there then link a screenshot here so we can know. But they may keep it in secret so I hope they'll listen to us.

Last edited:
Yeah that is the problem, the feels! No matter what ending you get you will still be moved by the feels, and then suddenly after all that you will just find yourself in Kaer Morhen(all alone and with no one beside you), even though you have not yet managed to moved on from the great amount of unbearable emotions that the ending had brought upon your heart and soul. The game just puts you into a world that reminds you that all of the great momemts you have experienced troughout the story are nothing but a simulated fantasy. Yes it is sad, but its the sad truth.

We know that but the feels are real and the voice Actors are too.most of the movements are made from motion capture.all of this make the game feel so real
Motion captures are made by captureing real life movements

But now we are off topic just please share this post so it gets notice

Last edited:
Finished the game a few minutes ago and what to say..... I feel empty and bad. There is something really unsatisfying about the ending althought I got the (for me personally) best outcome regarding Ciri. It ended so abrupt without any possibility to talk to all the npcs, I felt in love in 3 games and 8 books. Geralt exchanged a few sentences with Ciri and then the game ended and I can't find her anywhere after. And Triss? A 5 seconds long flashback is all we get? Yennefer isn't even mentioned at all. (aside from that she want's to stay in the North. can I find her anywhere?)
I think I don't need to say I have zero interest to play further and do all the missing sidequests.
I guess I wll have to start a second playthrought and do all the sidequests before I finish the mainquest this time, because there is no way I will spent time in a basically empty world if all the people important for my Geralt are just not there.

Last edited:
Finished the game a few minutes ago and what to say..... I feel empty and bad. There is something really unsatisfying about the ending althought I got the (for me personally) best outcome regarding Ciri. It ended so abrupt without any possibility to talk to all the npcs, I felt in love in 3 games and 8 books. Geralt exchanged a few sentences with Ciri and then the game ended and I can't find her anywhere after. And Triss? A 5 seconds long flashback is all we get? Yennefer isn't even mentioned at all. (aside from that she want's to stay in the North. can I find her anywhere?)
I think I don't need to say I have zero interest to play further and do all the missing sidequests.
I guess I wll have to start a second playthrought and do all the sidequests before I finish the mainquest this time, because there is no way I will spent time in a basically empty world if all the people important for my Geralt are just not there.

Yep I agree the game feels so empty now, and we even got the same ending. Ciri became the first ever witcheress and Geralt ended up with Triss in Kovir. Right? Is that your ending too?

Yep I agree the game feels so empty now, and we even got the same ending. Ciri became the first ever witcheress and Geralt ended up with Triss in Kovir. Right? Is that your ending too?

Yep, that was my ending.
They really need to place Yen, Triss and Ciri somehwere in the world. Even if we don't get any new interaction with them, at least I would know they are there and I could visit them.
Our ending tells us that Geralt and Ciri spent some time together hunting monsters. Why can't we do this? Just place Ciri in one of the rooms in Dandelion's brothel and let me talk to her and give us the possibility to travel with her as a companion. I don't need (althought I would like) any new conversation options. Just roaming the world and doing witcher stuff with her after Geralt haven't seen her for so long would be satisfying.
That can't be so much work and I'm sure if a RedfKit would have been released, there would be a mod for it soon. But so far- doing the 50 hours of sidequests I'm missing in a world wirh no Ciri, Yen and Triss is pointless for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by metharbor View Post
Yep, that was my ending.
They really need to place Yen, Triss and Ciri somehwere in the world. Even if we don't get any new interaction with them, at least I would know they are there and I could visit them.
Our ending tells us that Geralt and Ciri spent some time together hunting monsters. Why can't we do this? Just place Ciri in one of the rooms in Dandelion's brothel and let me talk to her and give us the possibility to travel with her as a companion. I don't need (althought I would like) any new conversation options. Just roaming the world and doing witcher stuff with her after Geralt haven't seen her for so long would be satisfying.
That can't be so much work and I'm sure if a RedfKit would have been released, there would be a mod for it soon. But so far- doing the 50 hours of sidequests I'm missing in a world wirh no Ciri, Yen and Triss is pointless for me.

That's what we hope. That by bringing attention to this... We all, literally every single person who has commented so far has nothing but good things to say about the game, but this is really a problem that really hurt my overall feeling about the character I had been building in the game world. Like I say, it really destroyed my immersion, and sucked the drive to continue playing.

I agree completely I wish they would at least be in the word. I feel like Yennefer wasn't in the game enough for me... and when you go back to kaer morhen it's over, no one's there. It's empty, lonely. Dlc add them back after the games ending

The post game open world needs to be redone, it's a joke and a massive immersion breaker. There also should be epilogue slides for the other main characters that survived. Like I'm happy with Nilfgaard/North and the big wigs there, Ciri and Geralt/Yen slides, but it would be nice to get stuff on other characters who didn't get the Lambert/Keira treatment. Even tho TW3 was faaaar better then DAI, DAI DID handle it's post ending exploration better.

Top Bottom