Gamebreaking Bug with Crossbows, Bombs, etc.

+
Gamebreaking Bug with Crossbows, Bombs, etc.

Every time i use something that slows the time down (eg. crossbow, bombs, horse attacks) my character gets bugged and starts to move at 2x the speed. This bug destroys my whole gameplay experience since either i cant use these items or run around with hyper speed and own every enemy without a challange.

This bug happened when i was 15h into the game so i didnt want to restart so i played a bit more untill 1.03 game the next day and i thought this patch would fix it, but nope, it is still bugged. After that i redownloaded and installed the whole game but that didnt help.

is there any fix? if not. can you please fix this...?

i really cant enjoy the game with this bug!

Last edited:
I have the EXACT SAME issue. I can't even send a ticket to the support because I get a message saying uploaded attachment(s) might be too big.

Same problem, although my character is stuck in slowmotion (0.25 speed) which is even worse. Made a thread about it.

Made my own thread about this earlier, ran into the issue Flexho is experiencing where Geralt gets stuck in slow motion.

Please send us a save via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support. We got one but were unable to reproduce it.

I've got exactly the same problem. I've gone through my save games and found the point when this started happening.
I tried to send a couple of save files via the link you provided, but it kept kicking up an error.
The error message gave an alternative email address and I've sent the save files to that with as much detail as I could.
The email's subject is "Witcher 3 Support Request - Speed Bug"
Hope it helps.
EDIT: Had an auto reply from PC_support@witcher3.com saying that is email is no longer in use and to submit a request via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support.
However when I try to submit a report through that link I get the following error message
"We experienced an unexpected error. Please try submitting your form again. If this doesn't help write to PC_support@witcher3.com and make sure to attach your dxdiag for PC issues."
EDIT 2: Tried the website again this morning and the bug report and save files were uploaded.

Last edited:
Not getting that with crossbow and bombs.... but bombs blow up in my face when it is raining. Crossbow keeps giving me "cannot perform that action in combat" (roughly) when I try to fire it.

i sent them my save game and got an answer:

we're currently investigating the issue. We're also working on a fix.
There is no possible workaround for now, I'm afraid

looks like we will soon be able to use our crossbow and bombs again!

Sending my save file would be of no use as restarting the game temporarily fixes the issue for me. Once I quit and start the game anew, this restores Geralt's speed to normal.

Sending my save file would be of no use as restarting the game temporarily fixes the issue for me. Once I quit and start the game anew, this restores Geralt's speed to normal.

That's because you load a save. Restarting the game doesn't help, it's because you load a save point, no matter if it's before or after the bug, it's all about the reloading that fixes it untill you trigger the slow-motion again.

Top Bottom