Fighting in the water

+
Fighting in the water

Is there any way to fight off the drowners in deep water? I've been diving on shipwrecks and those buggers dam near did me in. The only thing I could do was try to get back to the surface and into my boat but they kept grabbing my legs and pulling me back under, i barely made it into my boat and to safety, So I was wondering if fleeing was the only thing you can do, or is there a way to fight back ?

Beyond the crossbow, nothing else will work; no signs, no bombs, etc. I haven't tested whether some advanced signs like Quen that can damage foes that touch them still work if you cast it then jump in the water. Ha!

Last edited:
I keep trying to lead them out of the water but they seem to be designed not to leave! Tried many times and they just keep swimming away.

And Geralt is a phenomenal shot with the crossbow underwater. My big problem is I tend to double-tap (and never quite sure if it's me or the controls). I don't think it consumes any of your "special" crossbow ammunition though, if memory serves it temporarily reverts to the infinite ammo when in water.

Thanks to everyone for your replies ! I'm about to go after the cargo from Queen Zuleyka's shipwreck so this couldn't have come at a better time !

Bumping this thread, I remember while I was hunting for Cat school gear, a note mentioned about Fugu-fish potion can force drowners to go into a coma. Anyone found this note and found a way to get this potion? Or it doesn't exist.

Crossbow works under water, and is generally a one-shot kill.
YES, but they need to fix the controls for that. It feels so wrong to try and aim while having to hold down RB/R1, it's fucked up! lol..
We should be holding down LT/L2 and shooting with RT/R2 or just tap LT if others don't want to zoom in and full on aim and fire with RT/R2.
But devs still have to move the witcher sense to the RB/R1 though, for all this to work well. Or they can move witcher sense to LS or RS, at least then if they moved it from LT/L2 it will no longer activate and get in our way of having to block and parry in coming arrows anymore lol..
We should be able to just draw our sword and hold block out of combat anyways...plus if they moved wither sense toggle to the RB/R1 Then RS could be used for something outside of combat or if they move the witcher sense to RS or LS then the RB/R1 is free for devs to program whatever. God I Hope They Do Something LikeThis For Us. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom