Patch 1.03

+
Patch 1.03

The patch 1.03 for the Xbox One just breaks the game for me. The game is lagging, the map needs considerably more time to load, but then lags again.
Not even gwent works fluidly anymore, which is super fun. And then the best thing is obviously the XP bug.
The game was running perfectly fine for me before the patch. Sadly it's updating automatically when starting the game.
I hope CD Project Red gets the game to work properly again with the next patch.

This patch did the contrary for me... everything is smoother, no more stutering, no dips like in ps4 version, no xp bug at all... this patch is godlike!
The game is awesome for me now, very impressive what they've done with 1.03, really...
i feel sorry for u but it sounds anormal, try a hard reboot

It's much, much smoother for me after the update. Ruined the quick resume feature though. I don't know why but the game started to stutter again when I left it minimized and came back to it, rather than quiting and restarting.

Edit: This is fine now.

Last edited:
Anyone that is saying the performance is better is lying. I just loaded my 92+ hour save and the performance is ass. Stutering really bad in skellige. Either there is a HARDCORE f***ing memory leak or the patch made things worse.

(Since the XP bug is a thing, My guess is they made things worse)

I'm not nearly 92 hours in but it got real smooth for me after a quit/restart. One oddity is that merchants take a while to show up now if you run up to them.

I just installed the new version today and since then any monster I fight is stuck standing up or floating in the air after being killed, also after I had the game on for a few hours the camera zoomed in really far and all I could see was the back or front of Geralt's head. A restart fixed the zoom.

!00+ hours in. No real problems beyond 1 quest that even though completed perfectly showed I failed, and now with this patch I am unable to run around finishing up map locations because when ever I go talk to an NPC with a full inventory to sell stuff, it gets stick in zoom mode on the back of Geralts head.
Completely unplayable now for me. :(
Damn you Patch 1.03!!!!

It was kinda surprising that the new patch 1.03 jumped in while I was playing and updating on its own!! I didnt have a choice. But I'm glad I save before every little thing I do. The saving in Witcher 3 is so fast.

I didn't have any problems before, but now it's acutally smoother and faster.
The horse is less afraid and the stamina is longer.
I didn't have any stutter before, but I think it's even better now in cinematics.
Shorter loading time. (Thanks)

But what does it mean: " this save is not compatible with previous saves??"
Happy I don't have paralell playthrough at the moment.

Update:

Did a hard-reset. Cleared My cache, Reinstalled the game and updated and Now the game Runs at a steady 30fps With the occasional Hiccup in novigrad... I don't know what happened... But my god The framerate was terrible Yesterday,

Now i cleared my system cache as well and i'm reinstalling the game. I don't know why, but the installation is about 3 hours in and only at 44%. It didn't take that long the first time. I don't know what they did to the game with this patch, but they should have let everything how it was before.

I had to adjust my actual TV settings. I just bought a new TV with the 120Hz refresh rate and the default was set at Ultra Smooth. When I play Witcher 3 or Battlefield: Hardline, I must set the setting to OFF. This fixed a few lags I was noticing. Not saying that this is your issue, but it may be something to at least check into if you have a high refresh rate on your TV.

Top Bottom