CDPR response to PS4 frame rate

+
Witcher 3 hasn't given me any issues luckily and its launch is pretty successful in my opinion. Its not as bad as Battlefield 4, jeez that was a disaster. Worst still was Driveclub. Driveclub.. wow.. is still broken lol.. Or more recently Street Fighter.. Witcher 3 is still playable and enjoyable. As for the xp bug, I haven't found it but I do save before every quest now and double check the xp award after completion. There are a confirmed 70 levels to obtain. I would imagine the minuscule amount of xp people might lose won't affect them later on when they release DLC that allows for monster grinding or something. How else are we to get to 70? haha. I am sure it will all work out. Just some turbulence we got to go through first. I hope Batman is good but I have no plans on playing it lol :p Got other games on my radar before I go there.

---------- Updated at 06:09 PM ----------

Or because its not a serious problem? Do you realize that hundreds of thousands of people are just fine with the game and aren't coming on to forums to complain? I have 7 friends on PSN right now who are playing and have been since launch. Im the only one that comes onto forums. Not every person who plays W3 is a forum/twitter complainer.

Its sad that you would say they are ashamed. I can only imagine how they (CD Projekt Red) must feel to bring to millions of people a living breathing work of art, and have all these ungrateful people who have no idea the years of sacrifice/heartache that went into the game, have nothing but negative thing after negative thing to say about it. Its no surprise they have been quiet. You guys are hurtful most times and are extremely hard to please. I personally don't understand it. And you guys wonder why video game companies treat us bad? Come on. Wake up.

This is going to come across a little harsh and a little much. But it's just me trying to understand.

Considering this isn't the only site flooded with people comparing complaining and questioning (Just look how many threads are just in here). Gamersyde and Digital Foundry doing comparrisons. GS actually did their comparison from popular demand.

So this isn't a few entitled whiny isolated posters. This is a legit problem. This is probably the biggest complaint out side of the downgrade storm. The only difference is this isn't vanity. This problem effects functionallity and makes those sensitive to it, feel ill.

[Sard Edit: Yeah, it did come across as kind of harsha nd even somewhat racist. Have a Pony and be more careful in the future.

So again what's your goal here?

And 1 more thing I want to nip in the bud.

CDPR started out and are very much a well known PC focused developer and have been for for 3 with games and approaching 10 years for those games.

In the PC world 2 things are king.

Graphics and...... Framerate.

CDPR will know that these dips are a MAJOR issue and if they have anything about them will feel somewhat bad/embarrassed (I wouldn't say ashamed cause that would suggest they played foul) and obligated to fix them asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or because its not a serious problem? Do you realize that hundreds of thousands of people are just fine with the game and aren't coming on to forums to complain? I have 7 friends on PSN right now who are playing and have been since launch. Im the only one that comes onto forums. Not every person who plays W3 is a forum/twitter complainer.

Its sad that you would say they are ashamed. I can only imagine how they (CD Projekt Red) must feel to bring to millions of people a living breathing work of art, and have all these ungrateful people who have no idea the years of sacrifice/heartache that went into the game, have nothing but negative thing after negative thing to say about it. Its no surprise they have been quiet. You guys are hurtful most times and are extremely hard to please. I personally don't understand it. And you guys wonder why video game companies treat us bad? Come on. Wake up.

if it wasent a serious problem you wouldent have this many people been angry and posting about it now would we ? ;)
So of course we post negetive things
Because IT IS A NEGETIVE THING !
when the framerate cant keep up with the effects it breaks the game and it breaks the immersion.

Last edited:
{
Buy an xbox if you want to play TW3, it's rough but true... with 1.03 framerate is almost perfect, even when raining, storm, griffon, the only hiccups are in velen swamps with storm, but we are talking 27/28fps dips 25 max. Framerate is at 30 98% of the time and the game is fantastic!!
TW3 on xbox is a technical masterpiece and one of the best game of all time, unfortunatly, not on ps4...
i bought CE for ps4 but have resell my copy now and i'm so happy with xone version, hope it can improve in a future patch for ps4.

Classic placebo effect if you ask me. They didn't do anything other than make it so fps can't go above 30 fps. Now you magically have a near 100% constant 30 fps?

{

Classic placebo effect if you ask me. They didn't do anything other than make it so fps can't go above 30 fps. Now you magically have a near 100% constant 30 fps?

of course 30 fps is already low as it is
so dropping under that is unacceptable !

of course 30 fps is already low as it is
so dropping under that is unacceptable !

It is (still playable though!) but there is no way a 30 fps lock causes the game to run almost at 30 fps all the time, in strenuous conditions or made its performance perfect. Only PC's will get that. I have heard several other people before this xbox1 patch released saying how the ps4 is garbage now because they will have a constant 30 fps now, not knowing it has nothing to do with lower than 30 fps drops. lol I dont know. Is there proof that Xb1 is running 28 fps and never dropping below 25? I am curious.

It is (still playable though!) but there is no way a 30 fps lock causes the game to run almost at 30 fps all the time, in strenuous conditions or made its performance perfect. Only PC's will get that. I have heard several other people before this xbox1 patch released saying how the ps4 is garbage now because they will have a constant 30 fps now, not knowing it has nothing to do with lower than 30 fps drops. lol I dont know. Is there proof that Xb1 is running 28 fps and never dropping below 25? I am curious.

you kidding me ? it's still playable to hit 25-20 fps ?

i can see that today's standards are very low.

IF they dropped the game to 900p like Xbox one, the framerate issue would be gone.
I bet if they dropped it to 720p they could get it to 60 FPS

Lol I get the harsh @sard .

Think you got the racist wrong though. using someones small minded ignorance by using an analogy that just so happens to involve a situation concerning race and thus by proxy, condemning that latter mind set small minded and ignorant, isn't racist. It's the complete opposite.

If you have a problem with the subject of race being brought into it, fair enough I can abide by that. But please don't call what I said racist because it isn't and makes my character look suspect. Even if that wasn't what you intended.

Guest 3349340

Eh. Not so sure bout that. Most instances when fps is increased, shading, particles, textures, shadows, lighting and effects are decreased so there is less of a load on the hardware but maybe you work for CDPR or have insider knowledge to the gaming industry? Its fantasy to think fps increase won't affect graphics, visuals and overall game play. Well Well. Thank the heavens you people will always have something to complain about. What would life be if you were not so unhappy and angry all the time?

Banana .. HAMMA!

What? LOL. I paid 80 dollars for a game with 20 fps. I/we are in our full right to "complain". Nothing got fixed - for me at least - in the last patch either. I have had this game for over a week now, and still cant play it because of these fps. If your game is working like it should, then good for you - be happy! Not my fault if the game has to get downgraded because of poor programming, or what the case is. I just want my 80 dollars worth, and this is not it.

Funny how some people smash others who think for themselves or contrary to what they do. More like sadism but whatever. If I was on here dissing on CDPR and complaining how bad the game is, I would be getting redpoints and thank yous. Instead, I get flamed on constantly. This is why I hate forums sometimes. Theyre awesome alot of times and its really special to learn more about your favorite game or share your experience with others. But it seems more and more these days, people just want to make others miserable and seek out easy targets, someone whos a minority when it comes to issues like not having game breaking fps or suffering from xp glitching. This toxicity is seeping into the deepest recesses of what I find pleasurable in games and it really sucks. I can't even play a game online without people cursing me out for no other reason than they think its cool or fun.

Like I said, its really no surprise to me why the gaming industry hates its fanbase and the treatment towards us has declined drastically. I am starting to hate the fanbase and gaming is the only thing ive ever loved. Anyways, I said my bit. Fps for ps4 is excellent compared to other titles I actually experienced game breaking fps with (Fallout 3) and I love the game. Sorry to disappoint!

Hope you all have a very nice rest of your weekend and that CD Projekt Red is able to address the fps issues that are troublesome for the rest of you guys.

-Z

Funny how some people smash others who think for themselves or contrary to what they do. More like sadism but whatever. If I was on here dissing on CDPR and complaining how bad the game is, I would be getting redpoints and thank yous. Instead, I get flamed on constantly. This is why I hate forums sometimes. Theyre awesome alot of times and its really special to learn more about your favorite game or share your experience with others. But it seems more and more these days, people just want to make others miserable and seek out easy targets, someone whos a minority when it comes to issues like not having game breaking fps or suffering from xp glitching. This toxicity is seeping into the deepest recesses of what I find pleasurable in games and it really sucks. I can't even play a game online without people cursing me out for no other reason than they think its cool or fun.

Like I said, its really no surprise to me why the gaming industry hates its fanbase and the treatment towards us has declined drastically. I am starting to hate the fanbase and gaming is the only thing ive ever loved. Anyways, I said my bit. Fps for ps4 is excellent compared to other titles I actually experienced game breaking fps with (Fallout 3) and I love the game. Sorry to disappoint!

Hope you all have a very nice rest of your weekend and that CD Projekt Red is able to address the fps issues that are troublesome for the rest of you guys.

-Z

The only reason you get told, is because you keep saying nothing is wrong with the game

so of course people talks against you but i get the feeling you are not use to get talked back at.

well...

welcome to the party pal!

If they optimize enough the frame rate issue would be gone too. MGS V with open world is running to 60fps on PS4, the problem.is not the console, it's the programmers who only want to programming on Directx

-Z

well uh you do realize this is a tech support forum you are on right? like it is here for people to post problems. and sorry but the game constantly lagging and running at 25 fps and below is a problem. its crappy and ruins the immersion so much that i don't even want to play it until its fixed. why? because the game itself is so good that it deserves to be played as a smooth experience. its a real waste not to fix this. it'd be one thing if it ran at a smooth 30 most of the time. but it doesn't. in velen just running from place to place in almost any area sees the game dropping 2-3 frames constantly for me, and stuttering. its so bad that i get a headache from playing. this is the only game thats done that to me

Last edited:
Ever play battle toads on the genesis or was it snes or kingdom of amalur( not sure about name but it was on ps3)....those were broken

i can go with every bug(maybe they didn't notice) but this frame rate issue is unacceptable, i also stopped playing it and i believe you should too, we payed for a game and we need a god damn game not a crippled one

Here a digital foundry vid, showing a case of objects and NPCs pop-in suddenly on Ps4 vs XboxOne (no brigdge, red and white priest popped-in on Ps4 ecc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYecVMGwIA.
Here' s a vid captured through Ps4 Share function with the same place showing how for someone the situation is completely different on Ps4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJhkQQukoE

This maybe should reassure us it's not a technical issue build up on poor hardware perfomance but just something in needing of optimization, maybe this is a case applicable also on framerate issues.
Let's hope they'll fix it soon.

Top Bottom