ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
The most infuriating thing is that they're here. They're seeing every single post and are making a conscious decision of not answering us. You don't have to tie yourself down to a deadline, you know.. Just..fucking..communicate.. Just a single "It'll be today/It'll be later this week" would make me satisfied. At least then I'll know if I should schedule play time today or shelve the damn game until next week.

EDIT: Further annoyance. Not a single RED answer in the (now) huge Pop In related thread. Not one.

+1 here... yet again they a silenced like having a (*!&@#(&*! in their mouths instead just like COMMUNICATING ... I can't believe that I found so many things broken with this game. The only REAL PC gaming studio that DELIVERS what they have promised is Rockstar now CD red are out of this list ....they rushed hard the PC version and didn't do any beta testing even on the main story line ... WEAK CD Red ... WEAK !!! You're braking our balls here !

+1 here... yet again they a silenced like having a (*!&@#(&*! in their mouths instead just like COMMUNICATING ... I can't believe that I found so many things broken with this game. The only REAL PC gaming studio that DELIVERS what they have promised is Rockstar now CD red are out of this list ....they rushed hard the PC version and didn't do any beta testing even on the main story line ... WEAK CD Red ... WEAK !!! You're braking our balls here !

It seems vain, but the nail that really hit home how this was a console game is how the pre rendered cinematics are hard capped at 28FPS, which on a TV scales down to 24hz to produce a "movie-like" effect, but on PC monitors produces terrible stutters. That really hit home how the QA on PC was rushed.

I'm done now. I don't like to complain so I'll shut the fuck up and be bitter in silence.

I guess with 1.05 there will be again POP ins of textures and NCPs :( and the auto sheathing sword which is the most irritating thing while in combat!

cinematics are hard capped at 28FPS, which on a TV scales down to 24hz to produce a "movie-like" effect, but on PC monitors produces terrible stutters

everyone has this whole movie/cinematic thing WRONG.

what's happening is it's loading assets in the background (it's called async model, so the user doesn't have to wait). but instead of showing you a static loading screen, it's playing a movie...

i mean, you can try an optimize it, but... it's loading a poopload of assets. especially evident on first load, when hdd light is blinking, and won't even let you skip the cinematic until most assets loaded. on subsequent loads, it's mostly loading assets from ram, so you don't get constant hdd activity, but still, the cpu and bus are busy processing those requests ;o

This is not about performance game is mile apart from AC series (starting from AC 3 and every other after it). There must be bugs, but they will fix it. Absence on forums is because they are probably working on them. Patience is a virtue, we will probably see patch today. I am ashamed of myself because i didn't buy the game yet.My friend did and it is freaking awesome. But i have excuse i am getting married with beautiful girl (love of my life) this weekend and Witcher will wait a little.
Ps: sry for bad English ;)

everyone has this whole movie/cinematic thing WRONG.

what's happening is it's loading assets in the background (it's called async model, so the user doesn't have to wait). but instead of showing you a static loading screen, it's playing a movie...

i mean, you can try an optimize it, but... it's loading a poopload of assets. especially evident on first load, when hdd light is blinking, and won't even let you skip the cinematic until most assets loaded. on subsequent loads, it's mostly loading assets from ram, so you don't get constant hdd activity, but still, the cpu and bus are busy processing those requests ;o

It has nothing to do with loading of assets. Install the mod which removes those intro cutscenes and play it on an SSD and you're in the game in 3 seconds flat. It has to do with locking the framerate to accomodate the Hz of a TV instead of a monitor. I get what you were thinking, you're just wrong.

Some quick questions regarding 1.05,would be great if someone from CD PROJEKT RED would be able to provide answers:
1) You promissed to look in to a possibility of adding the missed exp due to the no xp glitch,were you able to achieve it,or you will be realising just the fix?
2) Will gray (6 lvls or below) quests be providing any reduced amonut of xp as official strategy guide suggest or this issue will remain unaddressed?
3) Would be nice to know if it comming Tuesday or Wednesday,but thats not of a big importance :)

Thanks in advance!

Further annoyance. Not a single RED answer in the (now) huge Pop In related thread. Not one.

It seems pretty obvious that the pop in is the doing of "performance enchantments" for the ps4 version. Framerate issues still exist, and that is CDPR main market now. I fully expect 1.05 to further lower the draw distance and LOD.

LOL What fantasy world you living in?

Odd I been playing the game just fine since release. A few crashing issues prior to 1.03,.A couple graphic issues with lastest patches but nothing game stopping.

Just like game a decade ago when a new RPG was released it was buggy, who encounters the game stopping bugs is subjective. IF you want a game breaking free experience with an RPG. A decade ago you waited a month or more after release before playing. that same common sense applies today as it did 1,2,3 decades ago.

Please, do refresh my memory. Name an RPG from 8-10 years ago that had to be betatested by the players. ToEE does not count, that was a failure in its own league. KOTOR? Nope, worked perfectly at release. never installed patches, completed 5 times without a single bug. Had no character pop-ins either. Mass Effect? (not that old, but still) worked flawlessly. TW1? Even before EE, it did not have game breaking bugs, and XP-related bugs. The performance was a bit substandard for the machines of its age, but was serviceable. Oblivion? Again: some performance related issues, but those persist even today, due to engine limitations. Most quest bugs could be resolved by reloading an autosave two minutes earlier. Morrowind comes to mind, that had countless bugs before the unofficial patches, but crucially, NO GAME BREAKERS. If you ran into a flawed script, you could reload your game, or use the console, and proceed. Lately, games have been released with infinite loading bugs, crashes, timeouts, and whatnot. This is unacceptable. The game is GOTY regardless, but this is getting strange

I also get POPINS I didnt know thats what everyone was talking about

I was referring to it as late rendering.

its so annoying to be walking and textures/NPCS suddenly start popping in and loading.

makes me feel like I have a shitty rig

which Idont

It has nothing to do with loading of assets. Install the mod which removes those intro cutscenes and play it on an SSD and you're in the game in 3 seconds flat. It has to do with locking the framerate to accomodate the Hz of a TV instead of a monitor. I get what you were thinking, you're just wrong.

3 secs on subsequent loads :\ incidentally, the video lags for 5 seconds then stops... it's just first load...

btw, raid0 is superior to ssd. half the cost, for 20 times the storage. 4 terrabytes. for loading assets/sequential reads, it's pretty much the same throughput (higher with more drives) :\ sequential writes too (excellent for video encoding).

Last edited:
3 secs on subsequent loads :\ incidentally, the video lags for 5 seconds then stops... it's just first load...

btw, raid0 is superior to ssd. half the cost, for 20 times the storage. 4 terrabytes. for loading assets/sequential reads, it's pretty much the same throughput :\

My main issue with your explanation of the video being lower framerate due to load on the PC because of assets streaming in is that it's constant. Surely, a fluctuation in load causing FPS drops would be inconsistent i.e varying between 20-30, not a constant 28FPS lock like it is now. And yeah, raid0 is good. It can be a tad risky because of data loss etc, but for most users its a great option to have.

btw, raid0 is superior to ssd. half the cost, for 20 times the storage. 4 terrabytes. for loading assets/sequential reads, it's pretty much the same throughput :\

Did...did you just say HDD raid0 is better than an SSD? I'm pretty sure my Vertex3 is faster than a raid0 setup, however I have not read up on the subject in quite some time. Sadly I get the texture popin occasionally. Mostly during cutscenes.

Win8.1
Vertex3 SSD
I7 4790k
980 SC
XB270HU 1440p

Sadly I had to use a console mod to play this game due to the numerous gamebreaking bugs I keep dealing with. Great game, really needs a patch. Hopefully today :)

Last edited:
My main issue with your explanation of the video being lower framerate...

...raid0 is good. It can be a tad risky because of data loss etc, but for most users its a great option to have.

it's not the video framerate. that's locked to 30fps. i've tried modifying it through config, no dice. maybe through gpu control panel.

i don't think framerate has anything to do with it. just initial stutter.

raid0, store documents on raid1 or 10 file server, or makes da backups ;p anyways, file server good to have as media server ;o

Did...did you just say raid0 is better than an SSD? I'm pretty sure my Vertex3 is faster than a raid0 setup

superior due to cost/storage benefit. price for performance wise:

well, true, depends on ssd, but you can just throw more drives at the problem (albeit with higher MTBF).

ssd avg 200-500mb/s sequential read, half of that write. raid0 (2 drives) 7.2k rpm does 250-300 read, 200-300 write (there's also 10/15k drives, but they'll run you more).

4 drives would probably give you approx same sequential read as the vertex, and 8-10 terrabytes ;p not like you need that much... could just buy a 4x 250-500gb drives tho, still 5-10 times the storage for same cost.

unless you really want those random read/writes and access times :\

Last edited:
The intro and loading cutscenes are horrible imo. The narrator sounds bad and the scenes/display kinda chug along. That's a crude way to describe it. Why is that happening? I have no idea, I assumed it has something to do with making the game work for consoles.....the never ending problem for PC gamers :(

I have 6gb ram, an old i7 Nihalem CPU, and dual 760s in SLI and I am able to run nearly everything at "High" settings with absolutely smooth as can be 60+fps that at worse dip to 45-50 and that is very rare. No stuttering, no crashes, and no crazy pop-in so far and I am about 70+hours into the game.

I will say that when I first started playing I was on medium settings getting 20-30 fps but I looked around for guides to help address settings on my end, that I had all screwed up, to make the game play better. After tweaking the game it does all the above and looks better then when I first fired it up. As a pc player you have to realize that the developer is responsible for certain things but it is also on you to make sure you are not causing conflicts yourself. Complaining about issues caused by poor optimization and configuration on your end does no good, make sure you have dotted your own "i"s and crossed your own "t"s before calling foul play. To help I will point to a couple post I followed:

http://greengamers.com/the-witcher-...ncrease-performance-royal-griffin-boss-fight/
also
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide
and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ixes-for-the-PC-version?p=1658887#post1658887

I know I am forgetting a couple links but no bs, I tweaked my own game and found that I had issues with CPU priority, the amount of cores being used, my page file size, etc. When I finally tweaked Vsync properly (a bit of trial and error) I now have a stutter free game running at 1080p looking better than it did and running a solid 60 fps. A little off topic from the op but I see people complaining about the game running bad for them when I have a pc not nearly as good and it runs smooth as silk.

Happy gaming and have a good one.

I am all familiar with tweaking, editing .ini's etc. I'm an integrated systems engineer by profession. The level of texture streaming/pop in issues introduced in 1.04 is not fixable via ini tweaks.

Please, do refresh my memory. Name an RPG from 8-10 years ago that had to be betatested by the players. ToEE does not count, that was a failure in its own league. KOTOR? Nope, worked perfectly at release. never installed patches, completed 5 times without a single bug. Had no character pop-ins either. Mass Effect? (not that old, but still) worked flawlessly. TW1? Even before EE, it did not have game breaking bugs, and XP-related bugs. The performance was a bit substandard for the machines of its age, but was serviceable. Oblivion? Again: some performance related issues, but those persist even today, due to engine limitations. Most quest bugs could be resolved by reloading an autosave two minutes earlier. Morrowind comes to mind, that had countless bugs before the unofficial patches, but crucially, NO GAME BREAKERS. If you ran into a flawed script, you could reload your game, or use the console, and proceed. Lately, games have been released with infinite loading bugs, crashes, timeouts, and whatnot. This is unacceptable. The game is GOTY regardless, but this is getting strange
So you are basing your experience with older games as how TW3 should work? Well like Is aid TW3 works without any game breaking bugs for me so what are you complaining about? :p I've had many RPGs with game breaking bugs in past thirty years, If I am going to list RPGs that had game breaking bugs on release for some players I might as well list every RPG made... You played a few RPGs in past and they didn't for you? Your point?

Top Bottom