ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
As much as i'am upset against CDPR for that terrible TW3 look / performance, You guys should learn to be patient a bit about patch release...

There is no magic button "release the perfect patch that fix everything in 10min" And if you want a patch well made ( considering they might actively work on it ) it take some time...
So chill a bit.... Its necessary going to be released.

You guys having serious problems playing the game, I do sympathize but CDPR is one of the better companies when it comes to patching/maintenance. Sometimes tracking down the root cause of issues and fixing it is not as simple as anyone would like.

I'd also try to send them as much information as you can, especially if it lets them reproduce the issue.

A game like this has *so* much complexity and so many variables, it's literally a needle in a haystack.

(Am I annoyed by some bugs? Yes, of course, but I have faith because of CDPR's work in the past.)

Are you within 5 levels? Does it complete? Do you not get XP from the lanterns or completing? Because I believe only the lanterns matter and it's a multiple so even if you miss a couple it's only about 1 side quests worth of experience.

Out of curiosity...what do u mean by lanterns? Are you talking about the lantern that lets u see ghosts? If that's so i only used it once..during the main quest thing..but other then that haven't found a use for it yet.

swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug fix!!!!!

swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug swords and dumplings bug fix!!!!!

Interestingly enough, the game runs flawlessly for me; except for the main quest XP-bug and the "sords and dumplings" - problem with the disappearing bodyguard. I've come to expect games of this complexity to be completely unplayable when released; and am actually positively suprised by TW3 (says quite a lot about the state of the industry in general :D )... nevertheless; i very much hope 1.05 will fix those.

Interestingly enough, the game runs flawlessly for me; except for the main quest XP-bug and the "sords and dumplings" - problem with the disappearing bodyguard. I've come to expect games of this complexity to be completely unplayable when released; and am actually positively suprised by TW3 (says quite a lot about the state of the industry in general :D )... nevertheless; i very much hope 1.05 will fix those.

Same here and I totally agree, game runs smooth, looks phenomenal, even thought I get less XP from some quests I am still levelling. Only problem I ran into is where I got stuck on Skellige as I failed to finish Byways murder quest. Had to go back to an older save about 10 levels lower. Honestly I don't mind, the game is so enjoyable that I could play it all over again if I had to. I don't get this hype, if the game is as broken in the way some of you say it is, how come that I have levelled from level 11 to level 22 in 5 days, I still haven't finished act II (about to though)? I recommend you to play Elder Scrolls Online for few weeks and then tell me if CDPR are doing such a bad job (for the record, ESO is a bug feast from hell).

Regarding the graphics, the graphics are very smooth, 35-45 FPS with everything on Ultra (except the hair thingy). My rig is 2 years old. EVGA 770 GTX, i7-3280 @ 3.60GHz, 16 GB ram, Win 8.1 64-bit.

Be patient, It's better to have a good patch that fixes things rather than done-in-hurry patch that breaks the game even more!

I approve of this thread. They really need to get their shit together and patch this broken game.... I can't play and I am sick of it.

If the delay the 1.05 patch, I'm going to be super pissed because they could have released the XP hotfix right away. Not even sure if I want Patch 1.05 anyway. "Performance improvements"? Even worse LOD distance and more pop in? No thanks, game runs fine as it is, just fix the gamebreaking bugs for now.

Not today? What the fuck are they doing? Just fix the fucking broken Game already! There is absolutly no excuse for the Game being completely broken 2 Weeks after Release!

If the delay the 1.05 patch, I'm going to be super pissed because they could have released the XP hotfix right away. Not even sure if I want Patch 1.05 anyway. "Performance improvements"? Even worse LOD distance and more pop in? No thanks, game runs fine as it is, just fix the gamebreaking bugs for now.

Personally, I doubt they have a handle on the XP bug problem, otherwise they totally would have hotfixed it.

I'm in the same boat as you, and haven't played since last Friday. The worst part? The patch isn't coming today, I guess tomorrow is a holiday in Poland so presumably we won't be getting in then either. And since they're clearly having trouble figuring out this patch I kind of doubt it will be ready by Friday. My guess?

Sometime next week.

Not that I'll be here, I didn't drop $85 for a game I can't play for weeks after it's release. I'll probably sell my copy this weekend.

Yeah I am returning mine to Amazon. This is fucking bullshit. Game is unplayable. I loved the witcher 1 and 2 but holy fuck enough is enough.

Yeah I am returning mine to Amazon. This is fucking bullshit. Game is unplayable. I loved the witcher 1 and 2 but holy fuck enough is enough.
This was also true for Witcher 2, don't you remember? They also released a hell lot of patches to fix all bugs and performance issues. Game world was a lot smaller than in Witcher 3. As far as I remember, Witcher 3 world is 30 times bigger than one in Witcher 2. So you can also multiply all bugs in Witcher 2 by 30 to get approx. amount of bugs in Witcher 3 :)
I'm ok with these bugs because I understand how complex this game is but what I don't understand is a complete black hole in community interaction. I still don't understand what their community managers actually do. That's why I decided not to buy season pass, at least now. Even Ubisoft community managers were more responsive towards community on their forums (Jesus, can't believe I said this).

Last edited:
I played Witcher 2 on releaseday and had no game-breaking bugs! In Witcher 3 I already have two of them. Mainquest is completely bugged out!

Had to register on the forum just put down my annoyance that the xp bug fix isn't still released. That's really all I care about. Hotfix this now and take your time with the rest of the bugs for 1.5.

You have to realise that those problems, while to some extent 'game-breaking', do not present themselves on all systems. Some people encountered bugs in Witcher 2, some did not. Now it is the same story. Saying that the game is 'completely bugged out' is not a very good statement, considering there are people (including me) who do not have any issues with running the game.

Of course, many feel frustrated by bugs that make their gameplay less pleasurable than expected. I can only advise you to be patient. The patch will certainly come, most likely sooner, rather than later.

I'd just like to play witcher 3 again .. been ages since I was able to play it. Infinite loading screen bug has stopped my enjoyment dead.

Top Bottom