Water texture bug

+
Water texture bug

Hi.
I've been playing the wild hunt for a while now and during that time there have been som minor bugs that weren't that annoying (something you could easily look past) but this one is imposssible to ignore.
What happens is that when i finish the quest "The cave of dreams" and exit the cave i find that the water texture has somehow changed. It is almost completely blank with no waves. The nvidia physx effects on the water still work fine. The problem only seems to occur after I finished "the cave of dreams" and exit the cave as the water looks normal if Ioad a previous save before that quest. If i do the whole quest again I get the same result with strange water. The first image shows how it looks before I enter the cave for the quest, and the second is how it looks after I exit.

Pc
Geforce gtx 780
intel i5 4690k
crucial ballistix sport 16 gb ddr3
asus motherboard z97-A

Attachments

• 2015-06-01_00002.jpg
    2015-06-01_00002.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 2015-06-01_00003.jpg
    2015-06-01_00003.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 275
Not sure that no waves is a bug. I've been on lakes and at sea when the wind died down and there were no waves. Silent and calm.

The Cave of Dreams has its own share of troubles. I kept crashing at the point just after partaking of the herbs, and only fixed it temporarily by turning off all post processing. After exiting the cave, there was this thick fog over everything, everywhere I walked, even though the weather definitely changed and day/night cycled. Only cleared up after I exited the game and reloaded. Mind you, I liked the thick fog. Loved it, but that was bugged for sure.

Here's my own thread about Cave of Dreams issues;

Last edited:
I thought that too at first but it doesn't change and it looks the same no matter where i am, either if I'm looking att novigrads canals or sailing in the sea.

A lake - sure. Sea is NEVER that flat. Ever.

Ever.

I was a Navy sailor plus I've boated over the years. I've seen flat seas enough to know they happen all the time. It's very disconcerting when it lasts for more than a few hours, plus all the ol' sailor yarns talk of flat seas that went on for days. They do indeed happen.

The image the player provided shows surface effects though, just no wave action. Nonetheless, looks like the player responded that the no waves thing appears everywhere, so that's definitely bugged! The Cave of Dreams effects need to revert back to normal after the quest ends, which it's definitely not doing now.

Top Bottom