My Amazon Nightmare

+
My Amazon Nightmare

Nearly a year ago (June 14th 2014) I preordered the Witcher 3 Collectors edition on Amazon. This was the start of my problems.

After waiting for May 19th to roll around I noticed my estimated arrival date was going to be sometime in the week of May 18-22. Well that week came, and went. Still nothing. In fact I had checked every few days and the game hadn't even shipped yet. So then I checked sometime during the weekend and behold it finally shipped. Now my arrival date is the week of 25-29. But I didn't find that likely as in the USA we have Memorial day on the 25th. My assumption was correct.

So today is June 1st. Amazon says it's arriving tomorrow June 2nd by 8pm.

When I get it I will have waited 14 days for my product. That's nearly 1/2 of a Month.

It was so frustrating. Never use Amazon...

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Same thing. It's not a nightmare it's not really a big deal. Maybe they should make a little commercial gesture for the inconvenience but that's ok really.

Well I forgot to mention I have Prime Membership meaning you're suppose to get your stuff within 2 days on prime eligible items. They couldn't even do that.

But like you said, it's not a big deal. Though there is a difference between being told that your stuff will arrive within 2 days and it coming 14 days later....That is something I don't like. If I were told initially that it would come 14 days later then I wouldn't have bothered to post a thing.

Amazon is in the same (leaky) boat as any other dealer. They can't ship it if they ain't got it. I doubt they actually shipped it when they claimed to have.

They take orders according to how many units they expect to receive and when they expect to receive them. If it's a limited-run, high-demand item like the CE, is it a certainty as dead as a skewered drowner that they're going to get short-shipped and have to wait for the goods before they can ship them to you.

Your Prime membership gives you no recourse in this matter, because Amazon's Terms and Conditions rather prominently state (emphasis mine):

"Prime shipping benefits depend upon inventory availability, order deadlines, and in some cases the shipping address."

You may not like it, but this is the way business really works, and it will not change because you boycott Amazon.

View attachment 15882

It's now a legitimate nightmare. The delivery was returned to Amazon...even though I had it shipped to an Amazon Locker...

What the hell...now I have no idea when I'll get it...I'm currently contacting Amazon...for those who are interested I'll let you know what happens.

Attachments

• haha.jpg
    haha.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
Final update.

Amazon gave me a full refund. I wont get the item I preordered a year ago. There are no more collectors editions available.

I wont get the item I preordered a year ago

Wow. And I thought GameStop was bad. In my case, i had to call customer service four times because for some reason they could not process my credit card. They kept telling me the payment was declined by my bank (citibank). When I called up the bank, the dude told me that they credited the funds or some shit like that and are waiting for the merchant to claim said funds. Eventually I had to use a different card and some GameStop employee manually placed the order but in the end I got my CE copy of W3. I guess GameStop aint as bad as Amazon these days ...

Top Bottom