Cant install PC disk version

+
Cant install PC disk version

Please help, i can start the install but when it asks me to select setup_the_witcher3_wild_hunt-3.bin i cant find that to select, here is a screenshot of what im seeing.http://gyazo.com/d76f7d57de15f96430d74f6f6fd39dec

---------- Updated at 08:22 PM ----------

Ok well now i just feel stupid because i guess i just had to put disc 2 in xD

Yeah when I put in my second disc, I get nothing. it just pops my disc back out and ... yeah nothing. Words can not describe the level of anger that is pent up within me right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah when I put in my second disc, I get nothing. it just pops my disc back out and ... yeah nothing. Words can not describe the level of anger that is pent up within me right now. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you still have this problem, put cd 2 in and press the open-button at the same time, so it searches for the cd

I would suggest to copy the files from every disk to your desktop into the same folder. Once done, launch setup.

Windows may be attempting to write files to the disc (hence the continuous ejecting: windows wants you to insert a writeable disc). Click 'computer', double click your disk drive and remove any files waiting to be written to the disk. Now reinsert disk 2.

Wouldn't know what else could cause it. You could try keeping the lid closed when it wants to pop the disk out.

If you've a standalone cd/dvd/bluray player, insert the disk there and see if it can at least read the disk.

Already tried that too haha. All out of ideas, thanks anyway! Guess it's back to the store I bought it from tomorrow morning to try get a refund and just buy it on steam instead.

Already tried that too haha. All out of ideas, thanks anyway! Guess it's back to the store I bought it from tomorrow morning to try get a refund and just buy it on steam instead.

Looks like the disk is defective...

You should have received a code with the retail version, I think.
With this code you can register with your GOG-account - the same if you had bought the game directly from GOG. If you do not have a GOG account, simply create one before registering with your code.

This means, that you can then download the game from your GOG account, and forget the defective disk.

Oh wow I thought about doing that but didn't want to void a possible refund with using my code inside!

I've just gone back to the store and they've swapped my copy over for me, if this one doesn't work either I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks so much.

Oh wow I thought about doing that but didn't want to void a possible refund with using my code inside!

I've just gone back to the store and they've swapped my copy over for me, if this one doesn't work either I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks so much.

Hope you have good luck,btw one of my W3 DVDs would not read in any of my three DVD drives ,turned out it was dirty even straight out of the sealed box so I had to give it a clean,it worked straight after which was good news for me.

Yep with retail version which is GOG game key you can just enter your key at GOG .com then download the game to your HD,I was lucky did not have to do that.

Last edited:
Hope you have good luck,btw one of my W3 DVDs would not read in any of my three DVD drives ,turned out it was dirty even straight out of the sealed box so I had to give it a clean,it worked straight after which was good news for me.

Yep with retail version which is GOG game key you can just enter your key at GOG .com then download the game to your HD,I was lucky did not have to do that.

i thought i was lucky with that until the 5GB day 1 patch rolled into view like an iceberg hitting my broadband!!
really annoys me that you cant play a game from a dvd install these days!!

I have the same problem. But the second disc I have isn't the same as the first one. when I put disc one in the computer it will say "Do you want to run or install the witcher 3?" But on disc two it just gives me the option of- do you want to open in storage? What the F*** do I do? its pissing me off!

I had the game installed before now i was trying to install it again and it says that the setup the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-7 on disk 4, the game comes with 3 cds + sound cd and with this problem i cant install the game

Top Bottom