Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to play more Wild hunt, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to actually sit down and play again. . .

It's still a really awesome game though and Skellige is pretty chill. I think Triss saves the worst part of the game haha. Without her the Novigrad stuff might have gotten boring. Her presence during the whole thing definitely warmed up the Novigrad experience, at least for me. Maybe I like her a little too much though XD

Apparently you broke off because reasons, even thou you saved her and she vowed to help you find Yen.

So...she wanted to help me to find Yennefer...and in TW3 she is pissed off because I want to find Yennefer....for...reasons.
I understand that this games has to be sold on PS4...but there are other ways to introduce people in the game without breake the connection with the previous two games...and the choices your costumers made.

nd you would realize that's like asking Donald Trump for a dollar so you can buy a hotdog. Fixing this issue in a satisfying way, with full fleshed dialogues, many scenes that bring the Triss content up to par with Yen, would require them, give or take, 1% the effort it took them to craft the rest of the content.

That's why I would be more likely to say that IF we will be ever given new Triss content I'd be DLC.

So...she wanted to help me to find Yennefer...and in TW3 she is pissed off because I want to find Yennefer....for...reasons.

Hmm I think it has more to do with that she thinks Geralt's love (or should I say spell) for Yen is just too strong and she would have to take a backseat. Even after you kiss her at the fountain she still thinks it was just a heat of the moment thing and isn't sure if you love her yet.

But yeah...they did a lazy job of telling us what actually happened imo....more Triss fan problems :S

I've seen many people saying "just a few lines of dialogues and it would be ok", resource constrains, etc.

Read this article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/this-is-how-big-the-script-was-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

And you would realize that's like asking Donald Trump for a dollar so you can buy a hotdog. Fixing this issue in a satisfying way, with full fleshed dialogues, many scenes that bring the Triss content up to par with Yen, would require them, give or take, 1% the effort it took them to craft the rest of the content.

Given her major role in two previous games, her popularity with the fans and all the other reasons that have been stated here, it would be a huge disservice to just "patch" this whole issue with something trivial like ten more lines of dialogue.

We say it mainly because we want to express how dis-joined Triss feels from the experience, and how little could be done to make even that consistent.

And how all of that looks as if they actually thought to not include her as a LI , and what we have right now is a last-moment plan to reverse that.

We say it mainly because we want to express how dis-joined Triss feels from the experience, and how little could be done to make even that consistent.

And how all of that looks as if they actually thought to not include her as a LI , and what we have right now is a last-moment plan to reverse that.

Agreed. CDPR could probably make some great additions to the Triss material if they wished and could, in terms of resources. However, the small inclusions most have been noting have been mentioned to illustrate how minor alterations could go a long way if executed properly. I also share the same opinion. It may be out of place in this thread and topic, but other games in various genres have showed this is absolutely possible. I also think that small additions may not satisfy many critics because many people have digested the game content as it now and it has clearly caused a stir. Given this environment and level of discontent, minor alterations can, and very well be, insufficient.

Personally, I would like to see more content and deliberate pacing changes to correct the inconsistency. There is no doubt that patches will not be enough to correct the Triss material--there needs to be additions. I also agree with many posters that this will most likely happen in DLC that features Triss, if it happens at all. Any considerable corrections will probably be best served if a re-release of the game occurs, as they could give the proper polishing and growth to the Triss content no patch/upgrade could.

Last edited:
I've seen many people saying "just a few lines of dialogues and it would be ok", resource constrains, etc.

Read this article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/this-is-how-big-the-script-was-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

And you would realize that's like asking Donald Trump for a dollar so you can buy a hotdog. Fixing this issue in a satisfying way, with full fleshed dialogues, many scenes that bring the Triss content up to par with Yen, would require them, give or take, 1% of the effort it took them to craft the rest of the content.

Given her major role in two previous games, her popularity with the fans and all the other reasons that have been stated here, it would be a huge disservice to just "patch" this whole issue with something trivial like ten more lines of dialogue.

I for one agree wholeheartedly with this! But, unless something miraculous happens, the most anyone can hope for is CDPR slips their 2 year support to 36 to 42 months and really dedicates themselves to a MAJOR Enhanced Edition that not only has all the DLC and paid Expansions in it but they would advertise it as having a 'new twist to the old storyline'! But that kind of work isn't free and I would fully expect to pay for it, maybe even the full price of admission if they honestly make it play and feel more complete and give the story choices ALL mean something.

I guess everyone here is having his own imagination about what is needed for more Triss content.

We should name every point we want to fix that issue with Triss in clear words before they (if they will do sth) try to fix it in a way we still dont like or which is not enough.

Btw what does "LI" mean?

I guess everyone here is having his own imagination about what is needed for more Triss content.

We should name every point we want to fix that issue with Triss in clear words before they (if they will do sth) try to fix it in a way we still dont like or which is not enough.

Btw what does "LI" mean?

Love interest, use it a lot in mass effect :D

Hmm I think it has more to do with that she thinks Geralt's love (or should I say spell) for Yen is just too strong and she would have to take a backseat. Even after you kiss her at the fountain she still thinks it was just a heat of the moment thing and isn't sure if you love her yet.

But yeah...they did a lazy job of telling us what actually happened imo....more Triss fan problems :S

Thats why it would be nice to add to the scene in "Now or Never"...if you have already completed "The Last Wish" quest and 'moved on', that interaction could be part of the conversation with Triss...and if not then, later on at Skelliga. Ugh!!! Triss' story in TW3 just seems so cobbled up...so ignored in the final acts... :(

DLC placed in Kovir has quite a good backround just from Witcher3. We got Triss there, Eskel, who decided to go there after Vesimir funeral (correct me if I'm mistaken), Kovir Mage from Skellige who suggests us to visist him in Kovir. Who knows

Love interest, use it a lot in mass effect :D

God I hate that word, makes me think of bioware and their cringe worthy "romantic" writing. CDPR might have left us unsatisfied with the lack of content, but the writing we did get is infinitely better than what is delivered in the SJW's trilogies.

Also, as I posted I wanted to add one more question...(damn missed it)

On everyone elses play-through, was there a place where you have a conversation with Triss...seems like it was before one of the big end fights...anyway, her animation in the scene was jerky, jumpy and not smooth. At the time I figured it was my PC but after the entire game was compete, I don't remember anywhere else where it was THAT bad...just wondering.

Thats why it would be nice to add to the scene in "Now or Never"...if you have already completed "The Last Wish" quest and 'moved on', that interaction could be part of the conversation with Triss...and if not then, later on at Skelliga. Ugh!!! Triss' story in TW3 just seems so cobbled up...so ignored in the final acts... :(

Not sure it's a good idea. I did "Now or Never" as soon as it appeared, and it was pretty early on. They should just make her show up on Kaer Morhen, even as by stander to UMA quest, but at least part of the drinking scene when vesimir goes to try and do his thing.

While she is at Kaer morhen, this fixes the "See you in Kaer Morhen" inconsistency + adding more volume to her significance as one of the main characters, and provides potential commentary on "The Last Wish" quest & the whole Triss vs Yen relationship.

This, and a small conversation before the last battle could go a very very long way.

Last edited:
Not sure it's a good idea. I did "Now or Never" as soon as it appeared, and it was pretty early on. They should just make her show up on Kaer Morhen, even as by stander to UMA quest, but at least part of the drinking scene when vesimir goes to try and do his thing.

While she is at Kaer morhen, this fixes the "See you in Kaer Morhen" inconsistency + adding more volume to her significance as one of the main characters, and provide potential commentary on "The Last Wish" quest & the whole Triss vs Yen relationship.

This, and a little before the last battle dialogue could go a very very long way.

Oh hells yeah! Much better...I was thinking that "NoN" extra dialog would be around as a bonus for dumping Yen...it would come pretty close on the heels of Geralt being the dick so...some ego soothing for the player would be nice :D (and yeah, I almost said stroking instead of soothing there :O )

Triss in the Kaer Moren drinking scene? Would honestly love to see her reaction to the last part of it should Geralt chooses to go along with Lambert's plan. lol

While she is at Kaer morhen, this fixes the "See you in Kaer Morhen" inconsistency + adding more volume to her significance as one of the main characters, and provide potential commentary on "The Last Wish" quest & the whole Triss vs Yen relationship.

This, and a small conversation before the last battle could go a very very long way.

Triss at Kaer Morhen in the drinking scene...

Oh my god I would give all my pants to see that ! :D

Triss in the Kaer Moren drinking scene? Would honestly love to see her reaction to the last part of it should Geralt chooses to go along with Lambert's plan. lol

Triss at Kaer Morhen in the drinking scene...

Oh my god I would give all my pants to see that ! :D

Actually, I meant for her to have more or less the same role as Yen does, talking and stuff before the drinking starts. And then they both leave. - So to not interfere with the drunk scene later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom