Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's definitely easier for them to create expansions with new characters so they can save money on the voice acting. Basically just add more witcher contracts style of questing rather than dialogue heavy side missions with major characters.

But I've also said this quite emphatically in the past, it's on us to create reasonable suggestions in how to improve what CDPR already created. Small tweaks and dialogue expansions on existing scenes would be much easier than a full on character themed expansion or reworked epilogue.

However, all options should be suggested and discussed because we really don't know what CDPR is willing, capable and interested in doing. The more serious and well-considered options there are the higher the likelihood that something will be done.

I think the expansions will have to feature significant voice acting. I think trying to charge for DLC and then doing half baked cheap stuff isn't something i see CD Prokekt red doing as they were so cautious about actually starting to charge for DLC. So see no reason why they couldn't get her voice actresses back for expansion work. Not expectant but hopeful.

One small tweak that wouldn't need any dialogue would be the awful Yen kiss. Have her awkwardly hug Geralt and follow it up with Triss and Geralt kissing or hugging more passionately. Also change the codex so she comes at Geralt's request not Yen's if romanced.

If they are able to small dialogue tweaks, i would like some kind of dialogue on the boat when she's guarding avallac'h other than well. Talk about the upcoming battle, fears for what's to come, reassurance etc. Right now she's just to silent in the last act.

Think building her into Kaer Morhen would require more work even if that would be more of an ideal fix. Something small after the battle between Geralt, Yen, Triss and possibly Ciri dealing with the fall out from the relationship dynamics and at the least address the elephant in the room. It's silly that right now only really threesome Yen and Triss get any resolution of their personal issues with each other.

I think the expansions will have to feature significant voice acting. I think trying to charge for DLC and then doing half baked cheap stuff isn't something i see CD Prokekt red doing as they were so cautious about actually starting to charge for DLC. So see no reason why they couldn't get her voice actresses back for expansion work. Not expectant but hopeful.

One small tweak that wouldn't need any dialogue would be the awful Yen kiss. Have her awkwardly hug Geralt and follow it up with Triss and Geralt kissing or hugging more passionately. Also change the codex so she comes at Geralt's request not Yen's if romanced.

If they are able to small dialogue tweaks, i would like some kind of dialogue on the boat when she's guarding avallac'h other than well. Talk about the upcoming battle, fears for what's to come, reassurance etc. Right now she's just to silent in the last act.

Think building her into Kaer Morhen would require more work even if that would be more of an ideal fix. Something small after the battle between Geralt, Yen, Triss and possibly Ciri dealing with the fall out from the relationship dynamics and at the least address the elephant in the room. It's silly that right now only really threesome Yen and Triss get any resolution of their personal issues with each other.

They also mentioned that the expansion they will come out and are already planned (I think there were 2 expansions they were talking about) are yet not finished and in progress. We got informations about where it will take place and also that "old friends" are involved.

So that means to me that if they dont lie to us new voice acting is needed. Because if it takes place in a new place the comments of the NPC's will change and also there will be new dialogues etc.

So I guess they are capable of bringing new stuff. But maybe it requires to much time to add more and more content ore more expansions with that amount of stuff which will be included.

Another reason why we need some feedback about what is possible to fix the issue.

The hard truth is that 'Wild Hunt' is boring without Triss. They should link Triss romance with 'Last Wish'.

All scenes with Triss (23 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN4ujJB0VOo
With Yen? Hours? Only 'Last Wish' is somthig about 30 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rJHbabT50

The comparing is a bit heavy since "Last wish" takes place at different areas. But yeah all in all it will be more time with Yen ofc.

But I disagree that "The Wild Hunt" is boring without Triss because we have Triss. And for me it wasnt boring. It was awesome! But this game is not all about the Wild Hunt. Its also about personal problems which includes the Triss or Yen choice.

And this should be a part in the game with almost the same attention like the main story about the Wild Hunt. Because you play as Geralt of Rivia! So this is about YOUR problems and YOUR decisions. And this is the part in the game where I miss more content with Triss and deeper story telling about the whole problem and relationship.

But I disagree that "The Wild Hunt" is boring without Triss because we have Triss. And for me it wasnt boring. It was awesome! But this game is not all about the Wild Hunt. Its also about personal problems which includes the Triss or Yen choice.

And this should be a part in the game with almost the same attention like the main story about the Wild Hunt. Because you play as Geralt of Rivia! So this is about YOUR problems and YOUR decisions. And this is the part in the game where I miss more content with Triss and deeper story telling about the whole problem and relationship.

I was expecting real choice like in W2 Iorweth/Roche was. In game if you choose Yen you'll get Yen, if you choose Triss you'll still get Yen. In this perspective main romance plot is boring (not all game ofc).

The hard truth is that 'Wild Hunt' is boring without Triss. They should link Triss romance with 'Last Wish'.

All scenes with Triss (23 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN4ujJB0VOo
With Yen? Hours? Only 'Last Wish' is somthig about 30 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rJHbabT50

As much as I want more Triss this game is still really freaking awesome (like I would go as far as to say this may be my favourite game of all time and the best of the trilogy). The Wild Hunt itself though wasn't as well written a main antagonist(s) as Letho though! That guy may just be my favourite antagonist of any game ever so I guess it was a hard act to follow.

Also....over 2500 posts holy crap!!!! Is there a limit to how many these threads can have before locking?

As much as I want more Triss this game is still really freaking awesome (like I would go as far as to say this may be my favourite game of all time and the best of the trilogy). The Wild Hunt itself though wasn't as well written a main antagonist(s) as Letho though! That guy may just be my favourite antagonist of any game ever so I guess it was a hard act to follow.

Also....over 2500 posts holy crap!!!! Is there a limit to how many these threads can have before locking?

Hmm indeed this is beyound doubt a superb game, if they would fix the dialouge and the inconsistency that arises in ceirtain spots regarding romance it would be the icing on the cake, any additional content regarding Triss would be a fat bonus in my opinion.

Triss isn't the only one that's short-changed when it comes to Geralt interactions, though, like you said, she's likely the most important of those characters. Just as an aside, Dandelion really should've had more dialogue with Geralt, especially about the romance aspect, but his content also stops suddenly at a certain point in the story. Well? Well? Well?

^ this! Too many of the favorite characters are geographically localized- when the game moves beyond Novigrad (or wherever) they have no further interactions. Yes, some of them travel to Kaer Morhen and Skellige, but they have very limited interactions when they do.

Thank god i found this post and forum (by the way, just made this account), i was searching non-stop (in google) for a dlc with triss and somehow i happened to cross this forum/post.
First and foremost i'm a huge fan of the geralt/triss relationship, i enjoyed the previous witcher's game 1 and 2, mostly witcher 2 cause that's when i started really growing in to the characters (geralt and triss).
So i went to witcher 3 with a huge expectation that such relationship would be deeply explored, oh boy was i wrong... Well partially it may be my fault cause i was so hyped up but i also think the developpers dropped the ball.
First scene of witcher 3, geralt taking a bath and nearby was a lady and just when i thought that the lady near him was triss again i was wrong. I've almost stopped playing the game right there, i was pretty mad thinking geralt had left triss.... but nevermind it was just a dream (right?).
So if i recall correctly after that dream the main quest was searching for yennefer, that was when i started to get seriously worried like (Where is Triss) , i didn't want geralt to look around for a woman that i didn't even knew. It seemed like the game tried to brute force the storyline to be focused on another relationship, completely forgetting about the previous games I had to check youtube to see if triss was even on the game, even spoiled myself some stuff but it's okay at least i knew she was in the game.

As i was doing quests do level up to reach the correct level to finally do a quest with triss i was slowly building up expectations, like finally i can have some time with triss, just to find out i only did one or two quests i don't even remember correctly. Just that main quests with triss were just a few and very apart and the secondary quests where the best ones were sadly only two and i did them to early so i only saw triss again in like some hours after. I tried talking to triss after doing some quests, damn i even recall when we were in the boat triss yen ciri etc, the only thing triss said was Well? Well? i got pretty pissed off cause the others character had proper dialogue and triss did not.

To sum up despite all the things i said above, the game was actually really good it's just that now i have a feeling of empty and sadness, honestly i don't know how to describe it, after you played a game with such story and characters you really feel empty.

I don't want to give myself false expectations but i really really hope there is a dlc which is about triss and geralt, but i doubt it...
Sorry for any grammar errors english is not my native tongue/language and sorry for the long post but i felt like this(lack of triss storyline) is something to be addressed.
By the way after writing this, and i could write alot more just don't have the motivation to, i feel like someone lift a weight off my chest.

First scene of witcher 3, geralt taking a bath and nearby was a lady and just when i thought that the lady near him was triss again i was wrong. I've almost stopped playing the game right there, i was pretty mad thinking geralt had left triss.... but nevermind it was just a dream
Wow... You don't like Yen so much ? if only I think so :D
Welocme :D

First scene of witcher 3, geralt taking a bath and nearby was a lady and just when i thought that the lady near him was triss again i was wrong. I've almost stopped playing the game right there, i was pretty mad thinking geralt had left triss.... but nevermind it was just a dream (right?).
its a dream of what really happend but instead of yennefer you'd have triss, here you go
this explains why yennefer threw the bed out when she arrived in KM

I almost certain that the reason i didn't like yen was because i expect triss to be there, and it happened to be yenn so i got pretty pissed, i even said to myself if the game thinks im going to go to bed with yen, they are very wrong :p so obviously i stayed loyal to triss, but apparently that little to none changes the plot :(.
Thanks btw.
edit: i forgot to replay to your comment Raptorini

First scene of witcher 3, geralt taking a bath and nearby was a lady and just when i thought that the lady near him was triss again i was wrong. I've almost stopped playing the game right there, i was pretty mad thinking geralt had left triss.... but nevermind it was just a dream

I really started to dislike her in Kaer Morhen. Geralts brother in arms sitting on the table. Ready to start some good old drinking and she is sitting there, bitching around, interrupting people the whole time. Thank God she left eventually. And i sit here and just thougt "why cant Triss be here?"

I really started to dislike her in Kaer Morhen. Geralts brother in arms sitting on the table. Ready to start some good old drinking and she is sitting there, bitching around, interrupting people the whole time. Thank God she left eventually. And i sit here and just thougt "why cant Triss be here?"

Well, Yen is that kind of women... some people like that, some don't. Personally, I don't. ;)

Thank god i found this post and forum (by the way, just made this account), i was searching non-stop (in google) for a dlc with triss and somehow i happened to cross this forum/post..

Well you found us with google?

Gooooood... :victory:

Triss we need you !

Well, Yen is that kind of women... some people like that, some don't. Personally, I don't. ;)

True. And its not even a bad thing. Its her character and its nice. But i never felt that i have one situation were i can payback the threatment... When Lambert ask about Triss, my answer would be "Im still banging her".. just to see yens face and feel satisfied xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom