Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of postgame content I could see them just making the Kovir palace as its own area kind of like the Vizima palace should a Kovir expansion be unlikely. I imagine Triss will end up being the advisor there either way so this can apply to those who did and did not choose Triss.
As for Yen I would support @Sooxzay's idea that if you choose Yen she could go to Kaer Morhen and have it be more appealing as I imagine Yen doesn't want to live in crumbling ruins with no improvements being made.
For those who don't choose to live with Yen she could be in the Vizima palace and the postgame can take place before Emhyr being assassinated should that be part of your ending.

Of course other characters' presence in the postgame need to be looked at as well. Maybe see Eskel in a tavern with some dialogue on Vesimir and Kaer Morhen as well as other characters.

Last edited:
Big thanks to the OP for all the effort he'd put in creating this thread! I really hope RED's have read through it thoroughly.

I think it will be fair to say that we won't get expansions linked to our heart choices. It is a lot of work for Sims like content. Come on, guys, Geralt's personal life was always a quick ride through. Even Sapkowski would give ALL his girls at most 10 pages in a 300 page book. It would kill the immersion.

On the other hand, inriching what we already have is a must. There's a cumulative of 23 minutes of cut-scenes with Triss + that terrible "Well?" on the ship and no confrontation with Yen whatsoever. (Everyone noticed Triss going grimm for 1 second after Yen embraces Geralt, who returns with Ciri for the first time? 1 second!!)

And the last, but not the least, to do with everyone, not just our Triss. Where do everyone go after the end titles? Why do you leave Geralt alone in this empty world?They ought to cut the game or put the characters back in.

Thank you!

The things the game should have included for Triss

+ Triss should be present at Kaer Morhen if you romanced her with her own conversation to be had with her.

+ There should be a scene between her and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen, maybe a fight, maybe a reconcilliation.

+ There should be another conversation between Triss, Geralt, and Ciri where Geralt explains he's with her now.

And then Geralt can talk to Ciri about it.

+ There should be a scene with Triss in Skellige before the final battle.

Is this SUBSTANTIALLY more content? I don't think so.

But I think it shouldn't be oodles and oodles either.

Last edited:

+ Triss should be present at Kaer Morhen if you romanced her with her own conversation to be had with her.

+ There should be a seen between her and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen, maybe a fight, maybe a reconcilliation.

+ There should be another conversation between Triss, Geralt, and Ciri where Geralt explains he's with her now.

Yup, those should be the bare minimum. Actually I would include here the chance to talk to her randomly and for her to have dialogues options related to the current situation.

+ There should be a seen between her and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen, maybe a fight, maybe a reconcilliation.

Agreed, that would help tremendously... having Triss (and or Ciri/Yen) in Kaer Morhen post game, waiting for Geralt to "finish up things" so they can go to Kovir (or not in Yens case) would be nice too. Of course, that would make it necessary to change the world to actually BE in it's post finale state.

Fully agree!!!

You guys want to know a fun story? Well maybe not so fun for me but whatever.
I spent about 4 hours trying relentlessly to find Triss's House and Triss herself ,after you've done the quest when you first meet her with the king of beggars if I recall correctly, I went to the house that some thieves were looting, the one that is all messed up (supposedly Triss's house).
So to begin with finding the house was a problem itself cause my map memory is pretty bad to say the least, then at last I found her house (at this point I was quite happy) right away I started looking for her. Floor by floor I was getting more worried cause Triss was not there, so I thought Hmm, maybe she is with that guy the king of beggars, sadly I couldn't find, after many tries, the damn entrance to the king of beggars place, so I remembered what if I waited until midnight then she could come to home, I meditated until midnight, nothing no Triss whatsoever, afternoon nothing etc, etc.
After that my motivation to play the game was kinda low so I went again to youtube to see if Triss would appear again, as thank god she did.
One thing that disappointed me was seeing a quest with Triss being a secondary one, usually I don't do secondary quests I just do the main quest to know the storyline, but as I soon saw that quest I had to put aside my principles and just do the quest already.
For now that's all, maybe later as I remember more things I can post more stuff about Triss and my adventures (basically my rambling).
Btw maybe I exaggerated on some stuff :D but nonetheless is good to talk about this in this forum.

So many good and easy achievable suggestions. I really don't want to sound rude, but I just don't understand why smth. like this is not already implemented. I mean it's not like such things need so much more development time. Just Triss not disappearing for most of the game and having a few lines of dialoge would suffice.

Scenes whose absence disrupts the narrative

'Basically, Yenneer and Triss talking about their relationship.

And Ciri's discovery she has a new mom who is formerly a sister-figure to her are both scenes which are kind of needed due to the depth and complexity of the characters.

Likewise, Triss getting to reassure Geralt before THE END OF HIS POTENTIAL LIFE.

Last edited:

Pretty much agree 100% with this, though i don't think Triss needs to be there for the scene with Ciri where Ciri and Geralt discuss the change(Triss) or lack of change(Yen). I still can't believe they excluded her from Kaer Morhen and kept complete separated the women from any kind of resolution/conflict with the exception of the threesome version.

Are there any plans to mark if/when we hit the 500 vote mark?

Pretty much agree 100% with this, though i don't think Triss needs to be there for the scene with Ciri where Ciri and Geralt discuss the change(Triss) or lack of change(Yen). I still can't believe they excluded her from Kaer Morhen and kept complete separated the women from any kind of resolution/conflict with the exception of the threesome version.

I admit, I'm now wondering what alone Geralt would be like to discuss with Ciri.

Ciri: Triss and Yenneer are glaring at you every five minutes.

Geralt: I kind of tried to romance them both.

Ciri: ....moron.

Geralt: Yeah.

Since Yen would rather kill both Geralt and Triss if she sees them in Kovir I would say that if there will be an expansion for Kovir it should be only for players romanced Triss.

If you romanced Yen she should get another expansion with Geralt at another place without Triss. She literally exploded at KM when she saw the bed Geralt and Triss had sexytime in. What would she do watching Geralt and Triss loving each other? Yep... Wild Hunt? What is that? Here comes Yen !

So depending on who you choose a different trip. Problem here: More work to do because 2 different options.

Possible solution would be that Yen Ciri and Geralt could go back to KM and live there. Geralt and Ciri (you can play both) getting some contracts and for the money you can repair KM and make it more beautiful. Maybe with some friends like Zoltan who will show up and help working on KM since dwarves have a good hand for such things :)

I think it is possible to have a Kovir expansion with Triss even if you romanced Yen. She wouldn't necessarily have to travel with Geralt there or be present in every scene. Narratively, it would make sense why she would be absent because she would need to straighten things out with Emhyr before she could disappear with Geralt. She even make note of this in the final act just before the final battle, if you romance her. It could also provide some interesting information on the newly formed Lodge and Philippa, who said she wants to become Emhyr's new advisor. Yen could make appearances some time during the expansion's main story. If you romanced her, they could be more intimate than if you did not.

When it comes to Ciri, it would be a matter of what ending you received. There could be dialogue reflecting the outcomes (Empress or Witcheress). One thing is certain for me: the expansion should have all four (Triss, Geralt, Yen, and Ciri) interacting in some capacity. It should do what the game did not do in this regard.

The main story for the expansion would have to tie in to the greater narrative told in the game's main quest if done pre-end game. They could have Avallac'h mention something about something magical that requires their attention there. Maybe Triss informs you that political scandals are tied to magic, mages, and Wild Hunt related stuff. If the expansion takes place end-game, it lends itself more easily to fitting in narratively and there is more potential here.

This of course would require some work from CDPR to get right, but it can be done. I think it would be best if they set the expansion before end-game events. Aside from the potential cost, it might also be technically tricky to make content that is post-game sensitive with the possibility that people received the "bad" ending. There would have to be a way for these people to access the expansion, which could not be if it was set post-game.

Last edited:
Triss was so excluded from the W3 main plot because CDPR is planning full 300 hr romance DLC with her #confirmedinfo

There's 16 hours of motion capped sex we never got to see!

Yes and it's all about the expansion where Geralt dumps Triss and Yennefer for the Margerita!

I think any Kovir expansion should have Triss as a supporting character but not one you have to romance.

Triss as a romance is optional side content we should appreciate but not be deluged by.

:)

I do hope she's a supporting cast member at Oxenfurt or the Duchy, though.

I think it is possible to have a Kovir expansion with Triss even if you romanced Yen. She wouldn't necessarily have to travel with Geralt there or be present in every scene. Narratively, it would make sense why she would be absent because she would need to straighten things out with Emhyr before she could disappear with Geralt. She even make note of this in the final act just before the final battle of you romance her. It could also provide some interesting information on the newly formed Lodge and Philippa, who said she wants to become Emhyr's new advisor. Yen could make appearances some time during the expansion's main story. If you romanced her, they could be more intimate than if you did not.

Someone finally getting my point!

Already posted this much earlier in the thread, so repeating myself here somewhat.

Just imho, but reasonably certain no post-end game content is going to happen for the following reasons:
- There is no post-end game state
- 2 announced expansions all happen during the main story (if you have already finished the game, i guess you play those in pre-end game state after the ending)
- To have both post-end game and pre-end game DLCs/expansions at the same time would mean you are going to have to “timetravel” between zones which is incredibly weird and broken
- Scaling all the possible endings to accommodate post-end DLC/expansion is going to take unreasonably more resources than doing additional pre-end content

Also, echoing other posters, my personal stance is that fixing inconsistencies/errors with current content is far more important than building additional content on a “flawed” foundation. Noone here is going to say ‘no’ to additional Triss content of course, however, speaking for myself, ill be totally alright if there is 0 Triss in all the upcoming DLCs/Expansions, BUT they do a great, thorough job of fixing all the inconsistencies and shortcomings that are outlined in great depth and detail in many posts of this thread.

On another note, as someone who has experience working in game development, i know firsthand that post-release time is by far most frantic and stressful period for everyone involved in the product. There is unending stream of issues developers have to do deal with RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT. The issues we outline in this thread are far too complex to be fixed right this very moment, to fix them properly is going to require time and effort, that is why, i think, we received no dev reply in this thread so far. Having no dev reply to me means that they are taking this issue seriously - they are not saying anything they cant be certain of. Look at other feedback/suggestion threads with dev posts - they either “confirm” something they already had plans for (NG+) or “not confirm” something they didnt have plans for (post-end game state) - at least thats how i interpret their replies. The fact that they didnt post anything here means they are evaluating the issue to see what they are going to do about it. Pressuring devs for reply is only going to hurt our cause in the long run - we know for a fact that if they put their mind to it they can produce the highest quality content, they know how to do their job, no need to rush them. Now its an open question whether they are going to do anything about it, but there is no way devs are ignorant of our concerns and keeping this thread civil and constructive is our greatest asset if we want to get somewhere.

I think any Kovir expansion should have Triss as a supporting character but not one you have to romance.

Triss as a romance is optional side content we should appreciate but not be deluged by.

:)

I do hope she's a supporting cast member at Oxenfurt or the Duchy, though.

If she's going to be in an expansion it will be covering both paths imo, with hopefully some dialogue variances for romanced version over friend one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom