[PC] All but 1 blacksmiths/armorers aren't showing up on World Map; also, can't interact with Blackbough blacksmith.

+
[PC] All but 1 blacksmiths/armorers aren't showing up on World Map; also, can't interact with Blackbough blacksmith.

For some reason, I've encountered at least 3 blacksmiths and several armorers in Velen, but only 1 ever shows up on the map; the blacksmith in Blackbough and the dwarf armorer in Crow's Perch.

Furthermore, regarding the Blackbough blacksmith, he's busy hammering away on his anvil but I can't talk to him.

Edit: It seems like this is happening in White Orchard too...

Only 1 blacksmith and 1 armorer show up even though there should be 2 of the latter, and earlier there weren't even any blacksmiths on my map until I went to the Nilfgaardian camp.

Last edited:
Only had the non-interactive blacksmith in Blackbough, just had to skip a few hours.
Think it has something to do with an NPC who comes to chat with him at some point in the game, didn't see the guy again but all I remember was that I had to skip time too back then.

Only had the non-interactive blacksmith in Blackbough, just had to skip a few hours.
Think it has something to do with an NPC who comes to chat with him at some point in the game, didn't see the guy again but all I remember was that I had to skip time too back then.

You were able to make him interactable again?

I could solve most interaction problems with meditation, but no armorers or blacksmiths appear on my Worldmap ever. I've tried turning their icons on and off in the worldmap menu, but they just never appear. Only in the minimap. It isn't that terribly problematic though, since they are always broke anyway.

A lot of vendors in Novigrad only seem to show up on the map if you are near them and they are open (I think 7am-8pm is the usual). Some vendors never show on the map, such as book vendors (two near each other, one has a shop and one a stand outside) and some random goods vendors in the main square. So I've tried to check everywhere in the city, just in case someone is hiding in a house or nondescript shop. I even found a vendor with a short quest in a shop (which is short and completed entirely in that shop) that was unmarked. I really wish we could place persistent custom map markers with names and short descriptions that we can edit.

---------- Updated at 06:40 PM ----------

I know at least one merchant who actually has a working merchant icon, but is always busy talking to a customer and never seems to finish to become interactable. So, he's not just a background merchant since he has the map icon, but he behaves like one because the customer never leaves.

Top Bottom