Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really loved the dynamic between her and Geralt and empress ending makes sense within the development of her character but I really do believe she's not meant to be an empress. We watched her and played with her throughout the game and I think she's the happiest when she's a witcher. She brings out the child in Geralt while Geralt supports her to stand up on her own and make her own decisions and eventually helps her to realize the value of responsibility and sacrifice so by the end of the game she sacrifices herself to save the others. It only makes sense if she takes the step and tries to change the world for the better by becoming empress, but to me it feels like more of a burden rather than a dream. So the selfish me doesn't want her follow this path. Besides there were many who tried to change the world for the better, there will be always who opposes that idea and even if she can fight against armies she can't fight against those who sneaks into the shadows, aproaches her in the dark, to me in the empress ending she's likely to die at the hands of an assassin who's hired by some coward politic or whatever and Geralt won't be there to protect her at all. I guess I'm quite a pessimistic about empress ending lol

You're probably right here. She would likely be happier as a Witcher but she's matured quite a bit. I think she would learn to make the best of her situation. She also realizes that sacrificing a bit of her own potential happiness for the well-being of others is an awfully grown-up thing to do. It's all personal preference though - you do you. :p

I Want My Tears Triss Back!

[video=youtube;ga-hR7CYbwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-hR7CYbwQ[/video]

Good one! Our official song :)

Incidentally, how do you use the "advanced" emoticons? google didn't help :(

---------- Updated at 09:39 PM ----------

Also can we petition the devs to remove the bias from their main webpage?

The world of The Witcher boasts pleasures aplenty. Enjoy yourself in taverns and cabarets, play cards, drink with friends and romance ladies... or stay faithful to the love of your life -- the powerful sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg.

Add something about the choice between the two, it's just confusing and weird reading this text and watching the fireworks scene.

Why do people alway mention Triss is Ciri big sister figure so it makes her relationship with Geralt wrong? Triss is a sister figure but can we all agree that they are really not related.

Both Triss and Yen are powerful sorceresses and feelings develop overtime between people (Geralt and Triss). There is no betrayal in it to anyone if Geralt develop feeling for Triss or vise versa.

If Geralt develop feeling for Triss then Ciri will acept it because, she is not a child and I am sure she understands what romantic feelings are and how importance one happiness is.

IMSHnO

Triss+Geralt = Happy relationship/ perfect fit. (All Good)

Yen+Geralt = Not alway happy relationship, not so good fit (Not all bad)

I want to test this theory so bad, have someone play the game who has no background in the witcher world, I am almost certain they would pick Triss. Is there anyone like that in here?

To me Triss was to only logical option if Geralt ever intended to be happy. He and Yen did a fine job raising Ciri but nothing said they have to stay together, be miserable just because they are parental figures to ciri. WELL except the Djinn magic. That is why after the last wish I thought it was only right for Geralt to go find the one who makes him truely happy.

Everyone around Geralt respects him and thinks he deserves better in his relationship with Yen. For someone so powerful to allow himself to be treated as a subordinate partner in the relationship is very disturbing hence I reached the conclusion that he puts up with it until he can't then breakup happens. Because of Djinn wish however, they get back together and the cycle repeats.

With Triss you can automatically see the real chemistry that developed from true love not lust. You can tell his reaction and actions when he's around her are genuine and he can truely be himself nothing more nothing less.

Why would any reason man or women go back to a partner who treats them like shit and leaves someone who idolize puts them on a pedestal?

Last edited:
Ciri's categorisation of Triss always struck me as a bit odd. Surely the cool aunt would have been a more logical way to see Triss given the age disparity.

Laughed when i saw this result of a TW2 quest in another thread. My Geralt didn't drink the potion &
given sorceress infertility it wouldn't likely have been an issue anyhow.

It would be a nice back story for Geralt and Triss to have a little one. Awesome dad lovely mother = pampered kid.

Why do people alway mention Triss is Ciri big sister figure so it makes her relationship with Geralt wrong? Triss is a sister figure but can we all agree that they are really not related.

Both Triss and Yen are powerful sorceresses and feelings develop overtime between people (Geralt and Triss). There is no betrayal in it to anyone if Geralt develop feeling for Triss or vise versa.

If Geralt develop feeling for Triss then Ciri will acept it because, she is not a child and I am sure she understands what romantic feelings are and how importance one happiness is.

IMSHnO

Triss+Geralt = Happy relationship/ perfect fit. (All Good)

Yen+Geralt = Not alway happy relationship, not so good fit (Not all bad)

I want to test this theory so bad, have someone play the game who has no background in the witcher world, I am almost certain they would pick Triss. Is there anyone like that in here?

To me Triss was to only logical option if Geralt ever intended to be happy. He and Yen did a fine job raising Ciri but nothing said they have to stay together, be miserable just because they are parental figures to ciri. WELL except the Djinn magic. That is why after the last wish I thought it was only right for Geralt to go find the one who makes him truely happy.

Everyone around Geralt respects him and thinks he deserves better in his relationship with Yen. For someone so powerful to allow himself to be treated as a subordinate partner in the relationship is very disturbing hence I reached the conclusion that he puts up with it until he can't then breakup happens. Because of Djinn wish however, they get back together and the cycle repeats.

With Triss you can automatically see the real chemistry that developed from true love not lust. You can tell his reaction and actions when he's around her are genuine and he can truely be himself nothing more nothing less.

Why would any reason man or women go back to a partner who treats them like shit and leaves someone who idolize puts them on a pedestal?

I actually just played TW3

You know, i was just thinking about that tower quest (level 30) with the mage who comes from Pont Vanis in Kovir, and i was thinking there is like a 99.9% chance that Geralt and Triss will see him in Kovir. As Triss says "All mages know each other". Even though there is a slim chance it'll happen, a Kovir dlc with Geralt meeting up with the mage again would be awesome to say the least.

Also my game time in one of near end saves says i have played for 24 hours and 7 minutes (even though i know i have put in at least 105 hours), and i was just thinking that is the amount of time i spent running around Kaer Morhen trying to find Triss and her earring......sometimes i think this game is playing games with me lol

Anyway back on topic, the core team is still working on the Witcher 3 expansions, it is only at the moment a few people moving on to cyberpunk......

Triss lol, i've already wrote my story on the forum

My point exactly, when new players meet Yen the immediate impression is, he look for her? She hot but her attitude sucks. When they meet Triss it's like bubbly feeling all the time.

During the game you can see the flame in Geralt and Triss relationship reignite. You can see their hesitations, hurt and confusion. None want to say something they I'll regret. Slowly Geralt and Triss love for each other spills over on the Docks of Novagrad.

She promise to be by his side but for some reason the Dev felt it wasn't necessary to keep that promise. By his side mean by his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom