- you must endure basically torture when becoming a Witcher
- you are treated as an outcast by society, a lot of people hate you
- you are infertile

Pros:
- you get superhuman senses
- superhuman reflexes
- superhuman endurance
- immunity to diseases
- very long lifespan. You don't die a natural death, so you are basically immortal, until you get killed by someone or something.
- you can use witcher signs

Other:
- you get cat eyes
- you can use witcher potions

There are more pros and cons, but that is just off the top of my head. What do you think, would you choose to be a witcher? I am curious how many people would do it.

Personally, I think I'd do it.

Last edited:
Pros:
- you get superhuman senses
- superhuman reflexes
- superhuman endurance
- immunity to diseases
- very long lifespan. You don't die a natural death, so you are basically immortal, until you get killed by someone or something.
- you can use witcher signs
-Yennefer, Fringilla, Triss, Lytta, Keira...

So yeah, I would do it...:D

I'm getting too old for this shit, chances to pass Trial of Grasses are very low :(

Assuming that you are young.

Hmmm...
In our universe or the Witcher World?

Does it matter? Don't think it would for me.

Only if it meant I got me some Triss. XD Otherwise no, too risky for starters and I wouldn't want that lifestyle... a sorcerer though? Sure.

Just to add to the cons, if you're female the negative effects would probably be even worse!

How so?

---------- Updated at 12:19 PM ----------

Only if it meant I got me some Triss. XD Otherwise no, too risky for starters and I wouldn't want that lifestyle... a sorcerer though? Sure.

Sorcerers have a lot of the same pros and cons.

---------- Updated at 12:20 PM ----------

Yes it does. Some of the cons and some of the pros are replaced in our world.

Assume that they are not replaced.

If you've ever read the books, the witcher trails have never been done on girls before, so the effects on a woman's... biology are completely unforeseen. Even Ciri, who was only given some witcher herbs had a number of issues in her childhood/early teens (which Triss put an immediate stop to). So yeah, not the best idea overall, even aside from the high chance of death and the physical trauma!

Last edited:
If you've ever read the books, the witcher trails have never been done on girls before, so the effects on a woman's... biology are completely unforeseen. Even Ciri, who was only given some witcher herbs had a number of issues in her childhood/early teens (which Triss put an immediate stop to). So yeah, not the best idea overall, even aside from the high chance of death and the physical trauma!

That is only one woman. You can't really determine whether it is worse for women than men based off just one case. A lot of men have bad side effects too and die.

What if you didn't have the side effects as a woman? Would you do it?

I haven't read all the books yet, why aren't there any female witchers? Is it moral choice or trial of glasses is just 100% lethal for females?

To my knowledge, Ciri is the only girl to ever be trained as a witcher, and she's a special case in that she doesn't need the trail of the grasses anyway. I'll need to double check the books though :)

Being a sorcerer has many of the same pros and cons as a witcher though, except the superhuman stuff is replaced by magic.

Not really.Only the outcast part.And since most mages live in luxury it's hardly a problem for them.

I haven't read all the books yet, why aren't there any female witchers? Is it moral choice or trial of glasses is just 100% lethal for females?

Well, the Witchers were created to kill monsters without any feelings and regrets. They're just killing machines.
Due tue the fact that women have less muscles and are weaker in general, the sorcerers wanted probably to create the best possible killing machines.

Another point could be that witchers were created hundreds of years ago. Maybe noone (in those days) could imagine women acutally CAN fight. (no emancipation)

Fair point, the trails are gruelling regardless! Without side effects? Still a no, but that's because of the cons you've already listed :)

Top Bottom