Would you choose to become a Witcher?

+

Would you choose to become a Witcher?

• Total voters
I'd do it in a heartbeat if it the witcher trials weren't so risky. But because of that, the ones who DO survive and become actual witchers should realize that they're actually somewhat lucky compared to many other people.

They shouldn't even care much if they're treated as social outcast by the majority since they don't even need to care what those people think of them - just do the job, get the coin & move on. What's more, they even have the opportunity to pass judgement on them if they think they did something beyond forgiveness, or they can invoke their very convenient "witcher code" of neutrality and often stay out of matter unless there really is no other choice. Most people in the world of the witcher have no such choices(hell, many people in our world don't have as many choices as witchers). Just think:

- Assimilated nonhumans: These guys have it the worst. They're treated with disdain by their very most people and are often the ones who take the beating for the actions of the Scoia'tael. At the same time, the Scoia'tael rarely don't give two shits about them, perhaps with some exceptions. The more radical groups would even treat them as traitors. And they're not warriors, they don't have the luxury of just doing the job & move on like a witcher does. They have to live there and endure the discrimination while not being able to do much.

- Peasants and other citizens of small, random villages: Besides the fact that they're not treated with the discrimination the assimilated nonhumans are, they really don't have it much better. They're often on the receiving ends of wars or political conflicts, them mattering little to their own country. Scoia'tael prey on them, monsters prey on them and plagues are deadlier to them than to people living in towns due to little-to-no medical support.

Actually, the peasants in the countryside would fair better than those in the cities and towns if a plague broke out. Historically, plagues swept through certain parts of cities because of poor sanitation, a lack of public health measures (modern government is good for something), ignorance of germ theory and how close together people lived. Many wealthy commoners and nobles fled the cities and towns for the countryside during plagues.

No. Too much of the transformation would be out of my control. I'd prefer to be a sorcerer. Teleportation and the ability to devastate entire armies is just too much for me to pass up. Besides, I'd be a horrible Witcher considering I would be unable to keep myself out of politics. No way would I be neutral.

If I have to be some random commoner instead of a sorcerer... Well I'd choose to take the risk and become a Witcher. At least I would have some personal freedom if I lived.

Last edited:
Would I choose to become a witcher? Only if I am off my bloody rocker. I love my house, I love to sit on my arse and play video games, I like my job, my life, and my creature comforts. To give it all up, and for what - to trudge through shit and mud in search of monsters to kill, to go hungry and tired, to be on the road all the time, essentially a vagrant, with an only respire to winter in some damn ruin far in the North? I would need to get a lobotomy first to choose this kind of life. :mean:

Would I choose to become a witcher? Only if I am off my bloody rocker. I love my house, I love to sit on my arse and play video games, I like my job, my life, and my creature comforts. To give it all up, and for what - to trudge through shit and mud in search of monsters to kill, to go hungry and tired, to be on the road all the time, essentially a vagrant, with an only respire to winter in some damn ruin far in the North? I would need to get a lobotomy first to choose this kind of life.
You forgot nice part of that life Sorceresses

Actually, the peasants in the countryside would fair better than those in the cities and towns if a plague broke out. Historically, plagues swept through certain parts of cities because of poor sanitation, a lack of public health measures (modern government is good for something), ignorance of germ theory and how close together people lived. Many wealthy commoners and nobles fled the cities and towns for the countryside during plagues.

Switch those around as you wish. It can vary from city to city & village to village, as well as from person to person anyway. The general point of it all was that a witcher has it better than all of those I listed :p

Would I choose to become a witcher? Only if I am off my bloody rocker. I love my house, I love to sit on my arse and play video games, I like my job, my life, and my creature comforts. To give it all up, and for what - to trudge through shit and mud in search of monsters to kill, to go hungry and tired, to be on the road all the time, essentially a vagrant, with an only respire to winter in some damn ruin far in the North? I would need to get a lobotomy first to choose this kind of life. :mean:

I figured that it should be a given that we'd should put ourselves in the world of the Witcher, not take witchers and put them in our world. :scold:

Last edited:
I'd probably not become a witcher but rather a monster-slying consultant, telling soldiers that when they kill one griffin there is usually another one around that they just royally pissed off. Instead of being a lone wolf hunter I'd probably be part of a large unit to compensate for the lack of mutations.

I'd probably not become a witcher but rather a monster-slying consultant, telling soldiers that when they kill one griffin there is usually another one around that they just royally pissed off. Instead of being a lone wolf hunter I'd probably be part of a large unit to compensate for the lack of mutations.
Basically, you became Dandellion.

Where dem mutagens at sign me up, this world is boring mostly 9-5 jobs. Rather hunt some monsters and learn to be a badass with the sword.

Top Bottom