Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is doubtful because Triss can disappear completely from the entire map and reappear only after a fifteen hours, for example. You just cant involve her in this expansion.

Why not? She disappears off the current map but the expanisons might open up a new areas and we don't yet know when these expansions take place time wise.

---------- Updated at 01:51 PM ----------

I don't know what's wrong with request (at the very minimum), just place all of the main characters in the world after ending, at Kaer Mohren for the Witchers (inc Ciri if the Witcher ending)

Place Triss in a flat, Yenn in her room at Kaer Mohren, they dont even need to say anything apart from "Hey Geralt" or something, it's just so you can go on in the world happy with the knowledge they are in it with you.

It will not change any global features damn! Why they can't understand it?! How to make them find out that this small things means MUCH for us?

100000000000% agreed and that was what i was hoping for.

Last edited:
I don't know what's wrong with request (at the very minimum), just place all of the main characters in the world after ending, at Kaer Mohren for the Witchers (inc Ciri if the Witcher ending)

Place Triss in a flat, Yenn in her room at Kaer Mohren, they dont even need to say anything apart from "Hey Geralt" or something, it's just so you can go on in the world happy with the knowledge they are in it with you.

It will not change any global features damn! Why they can't understand it?! How to make them find out that this small things means MUCH for us?
Yep it's quite simple, while their excuse sounds stupid

Because if she will disappear you can't start the expansion storyline. And you can complete all of her quests very early at a game.

The only time she ins't available is between Now or Never and Kaer Morhen - how do you know the expansions take place during this time. And like I said that doesn't mean they couldn't put her in a new area introduced by the expansions.

Im not saying they will do this, but there is no major reason they could not.

No one sane on that thread asked that RED will make big changes. All the posters wanted was more closure and more interaction with characters int he prologue OR/AND keep the characters after the epologue, to interact with them, BUT i got the response that I got.

Likewise, in THIS thread, none wanted to CHANGE Triss's story, people only wanted more dialogue with her,especially in ACT 3, BUT I got the response that I got.
First off, you and others act as if there's a consensus for a specific proposal on that thread, while there isn't and suggestions span from very minor additions to insane huge ones.

Secondly, even what you ask here is quite a load of work, not to mention it wouldn't make sense.
So during the epilogue, all or most of the characters should show up for whatever reason at a "reunion" of sorts in White Orchard?
The other option, having them on the map after epilogue makes no sense because:

1) the post ending worldstate is not chronologically set after the epilogue, but before. It is a frozen world not reflecting the ending. Making it 6 months later like the epilogue in WO would require massive changes to the world map, since it's winter time now and also the war is over. A total map reshape a la "Winter Overhaul" for Skyrim.

2) The characters after the epilogue would go their own ways AND do different stuff depending on your choices especially regarding Radovid and such.
This new worldstate, to make any sense, should contemplate numerous different locations and dialogue for every character.
Surely for Roche, Sigi, Philippa, Sila, Triss, Yen. Most of those wouldn't even be on the map anymore probably, but gone elsewhere.

3) Either way, it would require lots of new dialogue recorded (+ animations, coding), not at all comparable to the changes even the most optimistic Triss fan is asking for.

Oh, again this blah blah about "it is not chronologically set after the epilogue blah blah blah..."A FORTIORI! If it is BEFORE the ending then why all is dissapeared? Stop this nonsence, it already negotiated 100 times.

First off, you and others act as if there's a consensus for a specific proposal on that thread, while there isn't and suggestions span from very minor additions to insane huge ones.

Secondly, even what you ask here is quite a load of work, not to mention it wouldn't make sense.
So during the epilogue, all or most of the characters should show up for whatever reason at a "reunion" of sorts in White Orchard?

1) the post ending worldstate is not chronologically set after the epilogue, but before. It is a frozen world not reflecting the ending. Making it 6 months later like the epilogue in WO would require massive changes to the world map, since it's winter time now and also the war is over. A total map reshape a la "Winter Overhaul" for Skyrim.

2) The characters after the epilogue would go their own ways AND do different stuff depending on your choices especially regarding Radovid and such.
This new worldstate, to make any sense, should contemplate numerous different locations and dialogue for every character.
Surely for Roche, Sigi, Philippa, Sila, Triss, Yen. Most of those wouldn't even be on the map anymore probably, but gone elsewhere.

3) Either way, it would require lots of new dialogue recorded (+ animations, coding), not at all comparable to the changes even the most optimistic Triss fan is asking for.

I know that changes cost money. They can make a choice. About any complaint, they can:
1. Ignore it
2. Profit from it(sell the changes)
3. Right their wrong (free)

I also have choices to make based on theirs: support them or not.
You are talking like they wouldn't do all those things if there's was profit in it.
They made the entire Witcher 3 in order to make a profit from it.

What I think was silly, was that if they revert to a previous time frame then all of the NPCs should still be there, because it is pre Epilogue no?

@Pav94an
Because the witchers say they're leaving KM for good after Vezemir's demise.
Also Triss has just left Novigrad fleeing, so she should go back at her flat as if her whole storyline never happened?
That's horrible.

@Pav94an Epilogue is the 6months later scenario in White Orchard.
Post ending is a theoretical frozen time but out of time right before the final mission, so no, they shouldn't be wherever they originally were, otherwise it'd be simply a savegame from before that (which, incidentally you can play) with no additional equip,xp,stuff done.

The best way to have consistency is simply keep a save from before leaving for Skellige, like it's customary to do for most RPGs.. the good ol' "savegame before the final mission".

Again, you should make your minds up as to when/what/how exactly your request is set

Last edited:
@Pav94an
Also Triss has just left Novigrad fleeing, so she should go back at her flat as if her whole storyline never happened?
That's horrible.
:facepalm:

But Triss should be on the bo...

Ah, whatever. Troll must go on.

Because quests in this game don't go straight. There is too many possible states for Triss and Yenn.

There really isn't - all they have to do is have the quests start say after Kaer Morhen for example, when everyone is in Novigrad.

What too many states are you talking about then.
Another possibility is that these expansions take place during the epilogue.
There is no major issue you are just inventing one.

---------- Updated at 02:09 PM ----------

@Pav94an
That's horrible.

But we don't know how far back the endgame state is do we?

They could have reverted back to the post Kaer Morhen state where everyone was in Novirgrad minus witchers.

The only reasonable thing we should be asking is some more dialogue options(Act 2 and 3),maybe a few cutscenes and some changes in the existing dialogues especially those in KM so we can have the option to explain our romance option to the rest of the team.
A Kovir DLC is not likely to happen and the characters will not appear in KM after the end of the game because its unreasonable since Lambert and Eskel left, Triss is in Kovir ,Yen is somewhere in he North and Ciri is on the road.

There really isn't - all they have to do is have the quests start say after Kaer Morhen for example, when everyone is in Novigrad.

What too many states are you talking about then.
Another possibility is that these expansions take place during the epilogue.
There is no major issue you are just inventing one.

Maybe you're right. I'm just pissed off. Sorry.

@Pav94an
That's horrible.

@Pav94an Epilogue is the 6months later scenario in White Orchard.
Post ending is a theoretical frozen time but out of time right before the final mission, so no, they shouldn't be wherever they originally were, otherwise it'd be simply a savegame from before that (which, incidentally you can play) with no additional equip,xp,stuff done.

The best way to have consistency is simply keep a save from before leaving for Skellige, like it's customary to do for most RPGs.. the good ol' "savegame before the final mission".

Again, you should make your minds up as to when/what/how exactly your request is set

Exactly, why not have everyone as they were on the boat in skellige, or in the tavern in Novigrad
We don;t know exactly when the frozen time is.

I know that changes cost money. They can make a choice. About any complaint, they can:
1. Ignore it
2. Profit from it(sell the changes)
3. Right their wrong (free)

I also have choices to make based on theirs: support them or not.
You are talking like they wouldn't do all those things if there's was profit in it.
They made the entire Witcher 3 in order to make a profit from it.

Yes, except your requests are unreasonable and what CDPR did int his case is already better than most if not all RPGs.
Even the ES do not have a post-ending worldstate, while at least W3 has the White Orchard 6mo/later glimpse of the new world, masterfully done.

The only reasonable thing we should be asking is some more dialogue options(Act 2 and 3),maybe a few cutscenes and some changes in the existing dialogues especially those in KM so we can have the option to explain our romance option to the rest of the team.
A Kovir DLC is not likely to happen and the characters will not appear in KM after the end of the game because its unreasonable since Lambert and Eskel left, Triss is in Kovir ,Yen is somewhere in he North and Ciri is on the road.

And that my friend is all this thread has been asking for - dialogue fixes and and extra scene.

But we don't know how far back the endgame state is do we?

We do before the first or second patch came out i had already finished the game and after that when i spawned at KM i still had the mission to meet Ciri in White Orchard.I suppose that the recent patches changed that and i don't get a main quest now but it is safe to say that the endgame is between the last mission(epilogue) and the character endings before the credits.

---------- Updated at 02:15 PM ----------

And that my friend is all this thread has been asking for - dialogue fixes and and extra scene.

There have been some pretty BIG requests trust me i've read almost every single post so it can't be said enough what is the point of this thread.

@Pav94an
Hmm... because that's not endgame, that'd be a savegame from that specific time you yourself can do with minimal effort.
It doesn't make logical sense at all for the player to have done the last mission then magically travel back in time to a earlier point in time.

The post-ending worldstate is a bonus freeroam opportunity to finish up minor quests with your final state Gerald.

The only two ways for CDPR to be100% consistent would have been :

A) the game only lets you save till a certain point, after credits you can only reload that save
B)create a completely new worldstate reflecting the aftermath ending changes, new situation for chars etc etc

What YOU are asking for is simply a savegame from before the final segment of the game, you can easily do yourself by... loading it (provided you kept one)

---------- Updated at 02:38 PM ----------

CUT.

Exactly, and that is why this whole "endgame post credit lonelyness" requests just end up not only sounding unreasonable but also muddling the issue to the Nth degree, therefore making the legitimate requests counterproductive (also for Triss romance lackings effort).

New dialogues and opportunities to bond and RP are always welcome, using that specific angle, no matter what you feel the company owes you, is just a bad tactic.

Let's be clear: is there room for improvement with character interactions during Act 3? ABSOLUTELY

But is the best course of action to ask for dozens of flavours of different possible "improvements" mixing up your allegedly reasonable proposals with the crazyness over that thread? Not at all.

Do it the Triss way, making a coherent well documented case with specific suggestions people can vote on/chime in and debate.
That whole thread is a huge mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom