Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing the Developers did poorly was they didn't allow us to feel genuinely BETRAYED by Triss.

It would make Geralt's forgiveness of her all the more meaningful.

We needed Geralt to be FURIOUS with Triss.

The guy is mysogyn, that's it.

From my understanding of that part, he tried to have sex with her, it is not stated whether she said yes or no directly. In the next part she is in a way trying to make him jealous by being ambiguous about it, in a rather childish way. Didn't like that aspect of her but I guess no one is perfect. Then she said something about the guy wanting to be the one to lead the mages instead of her.

My understanding is that she didn't sleep with him as she would have said so in the interesting of gathering more jealously. Anyway, thanks for reminding me of that scene, at least I know now they didn't make Triss perfect in W3 (some old compain I had)

Regarding the Yen hate, don't blame us, blame the devs who included her even against our choices. She should have had her proper introduction and then continue playing an important role everywhere if the player wanted to. If not then relegate her to minor roles. And they other way around if the player wanted Yen around. Have her take the main roles and Triss the minors. Kind of like what happens in the game, except we have no say in the matter.

It all comes down to the concept of "overstaying their welcome" Yen hate, at least for me, doesn't derive from her character. What is there to hate anyway, she an excellent one. Rather, it comes from the fact that many of the times I see her in the game, it's just a sad reminder that it should have been Triss in that scene, she was the one I chose after all.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense. In short, Yen is more than ok, as long as she is there as a result of our choices and not because of some poor design feature.

I think one thing the Developers did poorly was they didn't allow us to feel genuinely BETRAYED by Triss.

Geralt was furious... after Loc Muinne, when he told Triss that it's over. Shame we didn't get to see that and we barely even know what happened.

From my understanding of that part, he tried to have sex with her, it is not stated whether she said yes or no directly. In the next part she is in a way trying to make him jealous by being ambiguous about it, in a rather childish way. Didn't like that aspect of her but I guess no one is perfect. Then she said something about the guy wanting to be the one to lead the mages instead of her.

My understanding is that she didn't sleep with him as she would have said so in the interesting of gathering more jealously. Anyway, thanks for reminding me of that scene, at least I know now they didn't make Triss perfect in W3 (some old compain I had)

Regarding the Yen hate, don't blame us, blame the devs who included her even against our choices. She should have had her proper introduction and then continue playing an important role everywhere if the player wanted to. If not then relegate her to minor roles. And they other way around if the player wanted Yen around. Have her take the main roles and Triss the minors. Kind of like what happens in the game, except we have no say in the matter.

It all comes down to the concept of "overstaying their welcome" Yen hate, at least for me, doesn't derive from her character. What is there to hate anyway, she an excellent one. Rather, it comes from the fact that many of the times I see her in the game, it's just a sad reminder that it should have been Triss in that scene, she was the one I chose after all.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense. In short, Yen is more than ok, as long as she is there as a result of our choices and not because of some poor design feature.

You mean, she was trying to make Geralt jealous?

---------- Updated at 02:05 AM ----------

I do this solely for Triss.

Then let the guy die

We talked about it a few pages back, they had that part in W2 in Floatsam. And in that game you could already break any sort of relationship if you so desired.

Triss knew before that due to his relationship with Yennefer that it wasn't possible and she didn't want to ruin her friend's happiness (Yennefer's to be exact)

Can't remember anything special but Triss told couple of times about her love feelings to Geralt and he rejected her all the time. The first time when she slept with him, and the second when she had the illness. Triss and Yenn even had very furious conversation about Geralt and Ciri in the last book. Correct me if i'm wrong.

During the game events, she never actually betrayed him. She said before that she was taking advantage of him "in bed" but other than that, she never used him. It all depends on your point of view.

Wanting to run away with him and raise Alvin to live a similar life and experience the same happiness he experienced with Yennefer while raising Ciri is about the worst thing that she did.

In my point of view, it wasn't bad. Because after all Geralt was the one who asked her not to talk about his past. She could've said at more than one point when he told her "You're very important to me" and when he thought that she was the love of his love that he was wrong, but that would've included talking to him about the past he wasn't ready to know about and above all, her being miserable for losing him again.

During the game events, she never actually betrayed him. She said before that she was taking advantage of him "in bed" but other than that, she never used him. It all depends on your point of view.

Wanting to run away with him and raise Alvin to live a similar life and experience the same happiness he experienced with Yennefer while raising Ciri is about the worst thing that she did.

In my point of view, it wasn't bad. Because after all Geralt was the one who asked her not to talk about his past. She could've said at more than one point when he told her "You're very important to me" and when he thought that she was the love of his love that he was wrong, but that would've included talking to him about the past he wasn't ready to know about and above all, her being miserable for losing him again.

I have a harsher view. I think Triss knew where Yennefer was the entire time and that she was keeping him from restoring his memories when she could have helped him regain them from the beginning.

Which is a serious breach of trust.

Just being able to have a tactic deserve some admiration, in a world of laziness,just the fact that she did that show how much she cares for Geralt

Book Triss had a huge number of affairs with men and women which were emotionally unsatisfying.

Regular Humans were Crude, Gross, and Stupid.

Mages were incredibly self-centered sociopaths or closed off.

Geralt, however, was basically her Paranormal Romance being the Brooding Dark Tortured HeroTM she loved.

I do remember that part from the book. Her sexual life was mentioned in Blood of Elves and it was clear (as you said) that she never had an emotionally satisfying relationship. Partly that's why I felt sorry for her - Geralt was her first love and she was sincerely in love with him.

Despite what most people think about her being playful, charismatic and charming. Triss is actually very shy and she's not the type of person who would hop in bed with someone that they just met. If feelings are not involved for her, nothing else will.

To be honest, I liked her a lot in the books too but didn't have the impression that she was a shy person. On the contrary, she was very outgoing, cheerful, lively and flirtatious. Actually, it was mentioned in Blood of Elves that she was a typical promiscuous sorceress (at least before Geralt) and had a huge number of affairs with men and women. But her affair with Geralt had changed her and this time she wanted a serious relationship.

I have a harsher view. I think Triss knew where Yennefer was the entire time and that she was keeping him from restoring his memories when she could have helped him regain them from the beginning.

Which is a serious breach of trust.

Wow sorry man what a bad theory. She was helping, at least in W2. Don't remember much about W1 though. And when Geralt asked her to tell him everything she did so. And Dandelion told him about Yennefer too (posted the screenshot here somewhere). So, in short, no.

Wow sorry man what a bad theory. She was helping, at least in W2. Don't remember much about W1 though. And when Geralt asked her to tell him everything she did so. And Dandelion told him about Yennefer too (posted the screenshot here somewhere). So, in short, no.

Eh, that's just my take on the subject. I think it's a better story to have Geralt say, "That doesn't matter. I love you despite the betrayal."

I do remember that part from the book. Her sexual life was mentioned in Blood of Elves and it was clear (as you said) that she never had an emotionally satisfying relationship. Partly that's why I felt sorry for her - Geralt was her first love and she was sincerely in love with him.

To be honest, I liked her a lot in the books too but didn't have the impression that she was a shy person. On the contrary, she was very outgoing, cheerful, lively and flirtatious. Actually, it was mentioned in Blood of Elves that she was a typical promiscuous sorceress (at least before Geralt) and had a huge number of affairs with men and women. But her affair with Geralt had changed her and this time she wanted a serious relationship.

Seems she is like that in the lighthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom