Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, right in the balls. I would like to know who exacly is responsible for pissing half of our community off.

Dunno, but the whole game was like someone pissing in my bowl of cornflakes and I couldn't tell them to stop. I deliberately went looking for Triss and went back to her time after time hoping to get an option to talk more about Kovir but got nothing.

I searched every merchant for figurines to take to Triss that's how bad I wanted more interaction.

WTH CDPROJEKTRED, why did you do it?

I'm sure i'm not alone in saying that IF we had been given the game they wanted to give us from the start I would have been screaming "what!? NO!" at my monitor at the end of the dock scene.

Honestly I don't know how I would have reacted. Getting butthurt over a fictional romance is a new experience to me. Closest thing I can think of is Miranda in ME3 and her lack of content (even less than Triss) but then again, the stuff there didn't have the feels that W3 created, it was more gamey, artificial.

Witcher 3 felt real, can't think of another way to describe, it was so well done. I think it's been a while since we said it here, getting so caught up in tangents, missed opportunities and possible fixes. In three or four quests, in a game with hundreds, they managed to get us so hooked up with their story.

I don't know who decided to allocate so little time to it, but to whoever made use of that time to deliver the content we got, my most sincere congratulations :)

I wish a RED would atleast tell us a reason why. I've said before how strange it is because Triss went from the female mascot of The Witcher to a side character. I just don't think CDPR would neglect their character they spent so much time on for any reason - but they did.

And if somebody told me before the game released that Triss would go from being the lead female character to a secondary character for this game, i wouldn't of believed it for a second. I would like an explanation as to why this is how it turned out, and saying that they needed to focus on establishing new characters instead of having some focus on already established characters is not an excuse. There should of been some balance between characters, doesn't always mean they needed to change the main storyline, but there needed to be more interaction so that a character like Triss still feels important to the game. Also having the camera turn to Triss before the final battle does not make her the fourth main character. Understandably it was probably never intended for this romance arc to happen, but this is exactly what future dlc/expansions should expand on.

Last edited:
It's good that they give us what seem like a choice but we have to be honest here and admit that they did a shitty job of it.

We have the chance to tell Triss that we love her but besides that the rest of the game is severly lacking meaniful interactions.

Like others and I mention earlier, there are so many things that can be done to make their relationship meaniful without having to use a lot of dialogue or VO.

I just don't understand how they screw up so many great opportunities to make all that happen in the game. Whats the point of saying the players are going to have the choice to romance Triss or Yen when they knew before the game was released the it was skewed toward romancing Yen.

I dont think you understand that they did not do this on purpose, it's plain to see for me at least that the game was developed without giving us a choice in the first place.
The only reason there are so many plot holes and inconsistancies is because the entire story was written, developed and implemented with Geralt and Triss ending things in Novigrad at the docks.

None of this was a mistake, none of the inconsistancies or plot holes were mistakes. The problem they had was that a Triss choice didnt fit the story that they wrote and the game that they developed.

They probably had just enough time to implement a choice at all, never mind going back over everything that had already been done, NPC interactions, banter etc etc and adjusting them all to accommodate a choice.

I believe that once the final decision was made to go ahead and give players a choice they did the best they could with the time and resources they had left.

This is why most of the game "feels" like its pushing you towards Yennefer,
This is why the interactions with Yennefer are flirty and reminiscent.
This is why the interactions with Triss are melancholy and sad.
This is why Triss seems to be constantly pushing Geralt away.

Its so very easy to see it I wonder if some of you guys are just in denial, thinking CDPR just wrote a bad story or something ;)

I still stand firm in my belief that in order for CDPR to really add the Triss choice properly an enhanced edition is our only hope as it would give them the time and resources they obviously didnt have when they chose to put a choice in.

I dont think you understand that they did not do this on purpose, it's plain to see for me at least that the game was developed without giving us a choice in the first place.
The only reason there are so many plot holes and inconsistancies is because the entire story was written, developed and implemented with Geralt and Triss ending things in Novigrad at the docks.

None of this was a mistake, none of the inconsistancies or plot holes were mistakes. The problem they had was that a Triss choice didnt fit the story that they wrote and the game that they developed.

They probably had just enough time to implement a choice at all, never mind going back over everything that had already been done, NPC interactions, banter etc etc and adjusting them all to accommodate a choice.

I believe that once the final decision was made to go ahead and give players a choice they did the best they could with the time and resources they had left.

This is why most of the game "feels" like its pushing you towards Yennefer,
This is why the interactions with Yennefer are flirty and reminiscent.
This is why the interactions with Triss are melancholy and sad.
This is why Triss seems to be constantly pushing Geralt away.

Its so very easy to see it I wonder if some of you guys are just in denial, thinking CDPR just wrote a bad story or something ;)

I still stand firm in my belief that in order for CDPR to really add the Triss choice properly an enhanced edition is our only hope as it would give them the time and resources they obviously didnt have when they chose to put a choice in.

That makes the whole things even worse honestly. Until they come out and reverse their decision on an EE, I am pinning my hopes on them fixing the current story to smoothly fit Triss and Geralt in there and fix their romance and interaction. Hopefully they fix it or announce an EE instead of sticking to the crap(interaction/romance choice) we got.

---------- Updated at 04:54 AM ----------

Haha, Having a crush on a fictional character is new to me too. This is so childish and immature, i can't believe i got caught.

Same here, this is new to me too but the character development made us fall in love with Triss Merigold. That's why this is suck a drag.

Haha, Having a crush on a fictional character is new to me too. This is so childish and immature, i can't believe i got caught.

Slightly off topic but caring about fictional characters and fiction in general is good for us and our mental health. Dopamine can play a part (activates reward system) in this and it is kind of human nature to use our imagination as a way to take a break from reality, so caring about Triss and Geralt isn't something i would consider immature, we want the best for them because maybe we can relate to them or we are curious about them, plus we get to see almost every part of the character we play/see so we naturally may form a bond with a fictional character, especially like in the Witcher when the characters are presented so well and realistic.
http://www.psychology24.org/why-do-we-identify-with-fictional-characters/

CDPR is to thank for making such incredible characters.

I'm sure i'm not alone in saying that IF we had been given the game they wanted to give us from the start

I think if they gave us the game they wanted from the start it would not be released until 2016! They already had to postpone the launch date to finish up what we have now.

Slightly off topic but caring about fictional characters and fiction in general is good for us and our mental health. Dopamine can play a part (activates reward system) in this and it is kind of human nature to use our imagination as a way to take a break from reality, so caring about Triss and Geralt isn't something i would consider immature, we want the best for them because maybe we can relate to them or we are curious about them, plus we get to see almost every part of the character we play/see so we naturally may form a bond with a fictional character, especially like in the Witcher when the characters are presented so well and realistic.

That's good to know. I thought for a moment I could kinda understand what fan girls feel a little bit. :huh:

I just can't help but wonder if including her into Kaer Mohren would be a hard or easy fix?
I watched all movie/cutscnes on youtube yesterday from witcher 1 and 2, i definately got a felling that we should have a choice in romancing either Triss or Yen, cause yes i do know that Yen was long lost love of Geralt but Triss helped him so much during the time of all 3 games and also, she kept Rose of Remmemberence when you search thrue her house, which is something i can't overlook.

So yes, fixing the or adding some dialogue options with her would be the right thing to do.

Bookmarked for the next time my gf or friends tell me I'm crazy.

What now? I am going around in circles trying to figure out how this is going to be resolved. The lack of a definitive response is also unbearable.

I am playing the witcher 2 again to pass the time and experience those awesome moments with Triss. Maybe I will play it about 5 or 10, maybe 20 more times while I wait for CDPROJEKTRED work on fixing this for the next few months.

I hope the person who makes the decision is actually listening to their staff when they bribg thisbup during meetings because every I look it seem about half the fans are dissatisfied.

It's time to wait, i guess. Consider this task as your main quest for the next year. Maybe it would be nice when this thread is gonna die mod will stick it for devs can read it and post some news.

I hope we can keep this thread alive until we can get some news. If we exceed the posting limits another thread with the same name/2 can be made to keep this group together.

@shaedhen will you be willing to create another thread to keep this discussion going until we get some news in here? I know we have some time before we hit the limit but, it's not too early to make some plans. I doubt the people in here wants this discussion about Triss and the issues with content and interactions to die.

I really interested in the new DLC coming this week, " where the wolf and cat play...", mean more Ciri+Geralt interaction (bonus Triss+Yen maybe ;))

The content of the dlc is as follows(obviously nothing to do with Triss/Ciri etc.):

“Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.”
The contract can be found in Oreton village in Velen.

I hope we can keep this thread alive until we can get some news. If we exceed the posting limits another thread with the same name/2 can be made to keep this group together.

I hope so too, at this point we have no idea when (if) we will get some news, so another thread might be needed if the discussions here are to be continued.

Dunno, but the whole game was like someone pissing in my bowl of cornflakes and I couldn't tell them to stop. I deliberately went looking for Triss and went back to her time after time hoping to get an option to talk more about Kovir but got nothing.

I searched every merchant for figurines to take to Triss that's how bad I wanted more interaction.

WTH CDPROJEKTRED, why did you do it?

I agree with you, but let's keep this civil. Getting mad at them isn't really going to help anything. Plus, I'm positive there's people in the company who wish they could have done more about a lot of things. Some polite, reasonable customer pressure is what's needed here. :)

The content of the dlc is as follows(obviously nothing to do with Triss/Ciri etc.):

“Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.”
The contract can be found in Oreton village in Velen.

Oh buzz kill CDPR, the title is misleading. Is it available for download yet? We wanted some wolf and fox together. Geralt andTriss, mayve Ciri Geralt and Triss together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom