Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What now? I am going around in circles trying to figure out how this is going to be resolved. The lack of a definitive response is also unbearable.

This issue, if they ever decide to do something about it, won't be resolved in a while.

So my advice, don't go crazy with anxiety :) Patience is key here. Remember that Triss waited many years to finally get her chance, so if anything, follow her example.

In the meantime, play different games, read some books and just come back here to read or post. That's what I'm doing anyway. Or if you are feeling like it, draw a whole roadmap on how the Triss storyline should have gone in writing, or just in your head. It will help too.

The content of the dlc is as follows(obviously nothing to do with Triss/Ciri etc.):

“Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.”
The contract can be found in Oreton village in Velen.

Go to the corner and cry :(, so much hope in the morning disappear with one post :(

Triss romance after Novigrad feels like they chained her for the rest of the game. It's just cruel ; _ ;

Some people insist that Geralt and Triss in The Witcher games is too far fetched - saying how Andrzej Sapkowski never intended for them to be together. I call bullshit, even some excerpts from the books can prove that. Even though he no longer sees the games as part of the same canon, people forget Andrzej approved the script of the Witcher 1 and 2 (not sure how involved he was with 2). He definitely had ideas and approved of Geralt and Triss.

He never approved the script,he just sold the rights.

I couldn't believe it in my playthrough, completely caught me off guard, i was thinking some other scene would come up with her but it never happened. She does need a lot of work, you go from no interactions on the boat to a "good luck" and then the epilogue about Geralt planting roots with a slide of her sewing up his wound. Yen could use another scene or two from what i saw, but Triss just got the worst.

That's not just it though, when she says "good luck" we don't even see her face I mean I can't with this anymore. When Geralt profess his love to Triss.

We get the lighthouse scene and her body is heavly censored(though still couldn't hide the fact that it's the copy of some NPCs)
We arrive KM only to find out Triss is waiting for Yen's invitation.
We get forehead kiss which is censored again.
We get a kiss by the fountain(this is the only acceptable part I think)
We get "Well?"
We get a "Good luck" that we don't even see her face. (though I guess we get the same good luck whether we romance her or not)

I really can't process how in the hell devs thought this was okay because the more I look at this game the more I see how amazing it is. It even runs smootly around 30FPS on my cheap below average PC.(I upgraded it before ME 3 to reach the requirements but couldn't do any upgrade since then)

That's not just it though, when she says "good luck" we don't even see her face I mean I can't with this anymore. When Geralt profess his love to Triss.

We get the lighthouse scene and her body is heavly censored(though still couldn't hide the fact that it's the copy of some NPCs)
We arrive KM only to find out Triss is waiting for Yen's invitation.
We get forehead kiss which is censored again.
We get a kiss by the fountain(this is the only acceptable part I think)
We get "Well?"
We get a "Good luck" that we don't even see her face. (though I guess we get the same good luck whether we romance her or not)

I really can't process how in the hell devs thought this was okay because the more I look at this game the more I see how amazing it is. It even runs smootly around 30FPS on my cheap below average PC.(I upgraded it before ME 3 to reach the requirements but couldn't do any upgrade since then)

I didn't mind the forehead kiss, but it shows that they could of had more stuff like that without needing the voice actor. As for the censoring, yeah well i don't know why they went with it, after W2 things just seemed a bit 'dumbed-down', even though this is supposed to be a mature game and they have no problem showing dozens upon dozens of half naked women in the game.

The codex about Triss is also a mess, but i just try to ignore it especially since it gave me a codex entry for Sile even though she is long dead in my playthrough. As players/fans all we can say is that her romance arc was rushed possibly because it wasn't the original idea, i am grateful they included a romance arc but they need to make it right, so that we don't feel short-changed by this.

Last edited:
In my opinion it was sweet. But i can't understand why she does that sad face after it.
Idea of a forehead kiss is sweet and it's the third kiss I adore the most. (Slow passionate kisses, gentle cheek kisses and caring forehead kisses are my favourites)

But the way it's shot is seriously problematic for my taste. Imo when you shoot a forehead kiss the best angle is the sides that you can see both people's expressions and the kiss itself while in the game the scene is shown from Triss' behind. We hardly see Geralt's face, we don't see Triss' face and we don't actually see the kiss itself. The only impact of the forehead kiss on me is the same as reading the below sentence.

"And Geralt kissed her on the forehead"

edit: btw it's not a sad face after the forehead kiss, it's slightly worried but reassured face I think.

Last edited:
In my opinion it was sweet. But i can't understand why she does that sad face after it.

Maybe it's because she realize she was getting screwed out of quality time with her lover.
I had a sad face after that forehead kiss too because I wanted to see him reassure Triss and say something more to her especially after Kaer Morhen and the forced tongue down his throat.

Idea of a forehead kiss is sweet and it's the third kiss I adore the most. (Slow passionate kisses, gentle cheek kisses and caring forehead kisses are my favourites)

But the way it's shot is seriously problematic for my taste. Imo when you shoot a forehead kiss the best angle is the sides that you can see both people's expressions and the kiss itself while in the game the scene is shown from Triss' behind. We hardly see Geralt's face, we don't see Triss' face and we don't actually see the kiss itself. The only impact of the forehead kiss on me is the same as reading the below sentence.

"And Geralt kissed her on the forehead"

Yeah it was hardly shown because of that angle, and i didn't even know at first it was a kiss on the forehead because from the camera angle, it looked like they were bumping heads. Shooting at the sides would of worked much better. We do get to see her slightly happy reaction after that but yeah no impact just a small quick scene to supposedly add to the Triss romance arc.

---------- Updated at 09:24 AM ----------

I keep getting blown away by those facial expressions! So well done. You've got to admit, what's in the game is really beautiful.

Agreed, they nailed the facial expressions, and that is one of those things that can bring realism and life to the characters. Plus if you are trying to show feelings and emotions between characters, then facial expressions work all the better for it. That is one of the things i loved most about seeing Triss and Geralt, that the facial expressions helped convey what the discussion/scene was about (and evidently this works for the majority of other characters as well).

I'm not sure why they didn't include Yennefer in the first two games, but they DID allude to her existence and importance to Geralt in both. I am purely speculating here but it could be possible that they always had a trilogy in mind with the underlying story of Geralt separated from his long lost love with an eventual reunion in the last game.

Again I think if that was the case, being book readers it may have made perfect sense because after all they knew all about Yennefer from the books. but if you look at it from the perspective of someone who only plays the games it doesnt make sense because Yennefer is never really introduced in such a way to over shadow Triss who is physically present. They only teased the player with small bits of information about Yennefer and why she might be important to Geralt, bits that only a book reader might fully understand.

So now in the last game you have this problem with Triss who has become a much larger more identifiable character than they originally intended, but only from a non book readers point of view. But this is pure speculation by me trying to put myself in the position of someone who was tasked to write a trilogy based on characters I already knew well in the books.

Whilst I'm an avid reader in real life, I'm not fond of reading journal entry after journal entry in a game just to understand its setting. There are better ways to introduce new audiences to your world. As a result of never reading the books, I had no idea who Yen was. I'd had no exposure to her over the last two games, with my love interest being (from a story perspective) Triss. I'm then expected to read pages of journal entries to fill in the blanks of this person I'm being forced to romance in the game despite the person I've romanced in the last two being available to romance. As a result of the clumsy way she's introduced to the series, I felt no connection with her.

Nonetheless, if you do read the journal entry for Triss, you'll see there is only half a sentence referencing the break up. No explanation as to why or on how or were they parted, nothing on the Rose of Remembrance, confessions of love or promises made. Neither does it reference any events from TW1. So even if you are willing to read the journal entries for the characters, it makes out as if Triss was nothing more than a footnote in Geralt's history, someone he had a fling with rather than a true romance. By comparisons, Yennefer's journal entry has numerous references to their love and providing more extensive history between the two. It is clearly designed for players who never played either of the previous two games.

Idea of a forehead kiss is sweet

Just to point out, I don't think it is a forehead kiss, I think he kisses her on the lips but the animations aren't lining up correctly. It's a "Hi honey, I'm home" kiss. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Of course need more content, hope CDPR realese it in enhanced edition (as always with Witcher series, i like it).

I had start to collect all of the fanfiction and the explanation about Triss and Geralt relationship in here for a while. So i just arranged all of it and put it in word and pdf file

Thank to @Redemyr @msanx @DaWitcher @xE1NSTE1Nx2049 @Willowhugger @Riddlin @Pryce68 @CaptainZamzabam @Gerald01 @Pav94an @UndiscoveredAdv @WitcherOP @Merc616 and many great Triss fan i forgot to store your name :crybaby:

I am new to upload word and pdf file to the internet, usually i use mediafire. So if you can advise me about how to upload, i am gladly to hear it

file Word download link
http://docdro.id/154me

file Pdf download link (Pdf file is far more superior compare to Word file)
http://docdro.id/154mg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom