Alternate Look for Ciri was on Xbox Live ( Now gone?l)

+
Do you see it released by CDPR?

No.

Then the outcry has done it's job. Nothing ever get's changed without an outcry for it. Civilized posts and discussions are well and good but it is outrage from gamers that forces companies to make changes.

Lol, they didn't release it most likely because revealing it was just a mistake by Microsoft. And if that's how you feel about the game and the devs, "scream as loud as you can so they bow down and do what i want", then i hope CDPR never listens to people like you.

And if that's how you feel about the game and the devs, "scream as loud as you can so they bow down and do what i want", then i hope CDPR never listens to people like you.

It's just how things work. You can write long logical arguments all you want but it will have no effect compared to a large mass of people screaming. It's simple stuff. I would much rather developers listen to solid reasonable arguments then the screaming mob but that doesn't happen often.

It's just how things work. You can write long logical arguments all you want but it will have no effect compared to a large mass of people screaming. It's simple stuff. I would much rather developers listen to solid reasonable arguments then the screaming mob but that doesn't happen often.

Yeah, if someone doesn't find your arguments convincing, punch him in the face a few times, that oughta help. Well, that's exactly why CDPR shouldn't listen to you. You have no respect for them and their artistic vision, and you don't even seem to consider that some might like what they're doing.

Yeah, if someone doesn't find your arguments convincing, punch him in the face a few times

Because the reason a company will spend money to change anything is on the value of someone's argument, you think that's something that ever happens? Please, that's not how things work. I am not saying I like that situation by the way, it's just that's how IT IS.

Seems CDPR is willing to listen to the people screaming against nonsensical alternative outfits. "Oh but I like it". Well good on you, plenty more DO NOT and CDPR's listening to them.

Last edited:
They announced that two free DLCs would be released each week, and without fail they've done that so far.

There's no record of them saying the alternate look would come out this week. Only the quest. The only place where people saw the alternate look was on xbox, which was taken down even before this "outrage" even happened.

There's no record of them saying the alternate look would come out this week. Only the quest. The only place where people saw the alternate look was on xbox, which was taken down even before this "outrage" even happened.

True, but as I pointed out they did announce long ago that we would get two DLCs every week. This week we only got one, so unless you know differently thanks to some swallow whispering in your year I think that they intended to release the alternative outfit for Ciri but didn't because of the backlash the Triss one caused.

I am also certain that Microsoft got an earful from CDPR because of the leak.

Last edited:
True, but as I pointed out they did announce long ago that we would get two DLCs every week. This week we only got one, so unless you know differently thanks to some swallow whispering in your year I think that they intended to release the alternative outfit for Ciri but didn't because of the backlash the Triss one caused.

Or Ciri's outfit simply isn't ready yet, which is much more likely explanation. :)

Actually, @Marcin Momot... as Costin pointed, the second DLC of this week hasn't be releeased yet, has it? May we expect CDPR give it to us the next week together with the habitual 2 free DLC (the two last, BTW)?
Hum? What's your answer?

a.- "No"

b.- "I can't say it?

C'mon...really ?
it does not fit so much...my opinion...

In fact, even Ciri could wear a Ciberpunk model... she was there and might go back for a special dress-armored ;) I could really admit this idea indeed!

It's Zerrikanian, so I guess it kind of fits, just not in the North.

Especially not in Skellige where it's cold or in the E Ending.

Give her a longer shirt to not have that midriff and button her up at the top and it's a decent enough outfit I suppose. Don't really like the mail bra but eh.

Do you see it released by CDPR?

No.

Then the outcry has done it's job. Nothing ever get's changed without an outcry for it. Civilized posts and discussions are well and good but it is outrage from gamers that forces companies to make changes.

Did they really hold it back? I don't think that would be necessary, they could have just released another skin later on.

edit- nvm, I just saw Marcin's post.

Last edited:
I would call this like a feedback, not load of shitty backlash.
Honestly...in your opinion, is this something that Ciri would wear?

Feedback is not given like this. You just leave your ideas and move on... that is feedback, you don't insult whatever they made in order to force your choice on them. Right now I see people using words like awful, horrible, stupid, nonsense and so on just because it doesn't match whatever "logical" design is going on in their heads.

You misunderstood me.
My point was not about the consent from the author, but was about the fact that...if you are basing your work on something made by others, the original author is like a sort of bible, a sort of handbook on how design pre-existent characters. The set of descriptions and phrases that the character says in the original work is what define that character. You can gave the Dandelion attitude to Geralt. Is your right in the name of the artistic freedom, but then...that character of Geralt would have only the name.
So...Ciri liked to wear in a peculiar way, when she was Falka, mostly with rich dresses...but an armor...well, I don't know.

I understand your point though this is just your perspective. For me it's like you get inspiration from a famous book or novel and base your work of art on it, then you put like 10 years of your life into making it a standalone product after that you are entitled to some freedom to do things your way within the lore off course.

Right now people are blowing things out of proportion in the name of lore for example "Oh how she got this shinny armor ?", "She cannot wear a low neckline !", "How it will protect her belly ?" sheesh man...

If we confine them like this then I fear that maybe next time they'll never base their work on something popular like Witcher books, after all they are artists and eventually they'll get fad up by all the bounds we'll put on them so they'll just give us a generic open world RPG like Skyrim with unnamed hero and lackluster characters so they can finally do anything they like, I think this is what you want in order to give them some artistic freedom.

If this is a Zerrikanian armor as said by Marcin then it has a vision behind it and I like it.

Oh and Geralt also wore this during Witcher 2 and you can play your entire game with this, very lore friendly right ?

People need to understand this is a game...

Last edited:
Oh and Geralt also wore this during Witcher 2 and you can play your entire game with this, very lore friendly right ?

Geralt could also play all of W2 and W3 without any armor and naked, doesn't mean it made sense.

Top Bottom