How important is Gwent?

+
How important is Gwent?

I've not really put much effort into playing Gwent and now I'm getting a few side quests for playing Gwent.

What would be the consequences for ignoring them (would I lose rewards)? Or are they not that important?

I'm level 12 now so anywhere I can go to buy cards that would win or improve my deck as I don't think it's capable of winning. Or will I have missed too many opportunities? Most recent main side quest I did was Bloody Baron and all the associated side queests and contracts if that lets you know where abouts I am in the game.

Gwent rewards are almost always in the form of additional cards. Playing Gwent isn't necessary to progress through the game nor are you punished for ignoring it. That said, I thought High Stakes was one of the best sidequests in the game, and you can't access it unless you have a powerful deck. Also, if you are going after the Card Collector achievement, then you must play and win against nearly every NPC who offers Gwent.

Guest 3713529

Gwent is totally optional, even the quest High Stakes doesn't require you to win any game.
With that said, you're missing out. Gwent is awesome!

Gwent is totally optional, even the quest High Stakes doesn't require you to win any game.
With that said, you're missing out. Gwent is awesome!
High Stakes requires that you have an 'above-average' deck, meaning you need to collect cards from NPCs and build your deck before you are allowed into the tournament.

Top Bottom