( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more complex than that.

The keys animation are interpolated.

There is some keyframe, and once you move the stick there is an interpolation between the motion key.
So you have your motion key 1 and 2 but you have more animation between these by insterpolation.

If you are at the maximun walking speed, the more you lowering the stick, the more slowly the character walk. You have smooth change between animation character
But in the 1.07, at the maximun walking speed, if you lowering the stick, the character will stop

I can make a video of these if you want.
Hard to explain in english

I already tried with my xbox 360 pad for pc on 1.06 version. When you lowering the stick the character walk more slowly but it has only 2 set of slow speed: slowest and normal walk. It is your eyes perception that make to you seems more.

Last edited:
From my experience so far: The Joypad control for PC have changed as well (Not the layout, mind you). I distinctly remember being able to walk VERY SLOWLY by gently nudging the Analogue stick up. Now? Full Walk All The Walk-All The Time.

Yes. I noticed it.

I already tried with my xbox 360 pad for pc on 1.06 version. When you lowering the stick the character walk more slowly but it has only 2 set of slow speed: slowest and normal walk. It is your eyes perception that make to you seems more.

I will post a video... I have a perception problem but not you. So we will see if there is 2 sets.

Last edited:
From my experience so far: The Joypad control for PC have changed as well (Not the layout, mind you). I distinctly remember being able to walk VERY SLOWLY by gently nudging the Analogue stick up. Now? Full Walk All The Walk-All The Time.

Yes. I noticed it.

Yep...do you remember Lost Planet 3? There was this opportunity with slowly speed walking. I Witcher3 on patch 1.06 this opportunity was.

I will post a video... I have a perception problem but not you. So we will see if there is 2 sets.

Wrong. I have experience that you do not have and I know where I need to look to discover the reality. If you search well you will discover that there is 2 sets.

I can 100% confirm that controller slow walk is now gone on PC.

It's still there on horseback, and inside buildings, but outside in the open, it's definitely gone.

BRING BACK SLOW WALK CDPR! Why give us an optional movement style if your going to butcher the original one too?

I'm playing on pc from the beginning.

I always used 3 kinds of movement: Slower walk, casual jogging and fast running. The same is possible with 1.07... and I'm totally digging the new movement, so smooth without the slow start and stop. :)

I'm playing on pc from the beginning.

I always used 3 kinds of movement: Slower walk, casual jogging and fast running. The same is possible with 1.07... and I'm totally digging the new movement, so smooth without the slow start and stop. :)

Are you playing with a Joypad? If not, then this issue would never have come to you in the first place.

Yeah, I know... but I don't see why people want to walk slower than the slowest speed on keyboard... I mean, it is slow as shit already. If is okay to criticize this unnecessary change... but how people get worked up here about every little shit... it makes me want to punch someone. And no, this is no insult to anyone ... but I get angry a lot around here lately.

!!!IF YOU PLAY ON PC WITH A KEYBOARD OR A GAMEPAD THAT DOESN'T SUPPORT ANALOG JOYSTICKS THIS THREAD WON'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU!!!

The walking has clearly been changed from the dynamic analog control speed to a toggle type control speed where you are either walking or running and no in between. You can't argue with that it is completely true. (on PS4)

It was an option that was in the game and has been taken out. If it was never there to begin with then there would be no reason to complain. They removed something and people want a reason why.

Was it intentional or by mistake? Will it be fixed or is it how things are now?

My guess would be that it is a mistake. Either something carried over from PC patch or something that was supposed to only be changed in the alternative mode.
My suggestion would be to have it be just that;
Alternative mode = toggle walk
Standard mode = analog walk

Last edited:
but I don't see why people want to walk slower than the slowest speed on keyboard....
It is not really important if you don't see why.
Nobody ask you to understand that...

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

Wrong. I have experience that you do not have and I know where I need to look to discover the reality. If you search well you will discover that there is 2 sets.
Ok you are right, you have more experience.sorry

Last edited:
I see a lot of confusion in this thread. Apart from the personal tastes, that are useless, only one thing need to be clear to all: real analog walk does never exist, it is an illusion. Persons that talk about "analog walk" do not know of what they are talking about.
The stick of the pad is analog, but the response of the software at this analog input is toggle. The analog walking is a simulation of a discrete number of toggle walking.
The precision depend from how much step the designer choose.

In version 1.06 there was 4 steps of speed.
In version 1.07 there are 3 steps of speed.

It is silly do a so long complain for such a simple thing.

Last edited:
I find this :

If you see only 2 sets of speed, one normal and one slow.. you have sh.. in the eyes (no offense for sure)
You can look the position of the arms

Last edited:
I find this :

If you see only 2 sets of speed, one normal and one slow.. you have sh.. in the eyes (no offense for sure)
You can look the position of the arms

Yes. Are only 2 sets. You have sh... in the eyes. Seems that you fall very easily in illusions. Watching a video it is not the best manner to discover. Trying with a pad in your hand while watching real game is the best way.

I see a lot of confusion in this thread. Apart from the personal tastes, that are useless, only one thing need to be clear to all: real analog walk does never exist, it is an illusion. Persons that talk about "analog walk" do not know of what they are talking about.
The stick of the pad is analog, but the response of the software at this analog input is toggle. The analog walking is a simulation of a discrete number of toggle walking.

Do you miss the old 4 step speed? , did you find it useful?

It is silly do a so long complain for such a simple thing.

You are only adding to the confusion. Analog is just an easier way to explain the subtle change in speed as you press the joystick, which is a pretty staple feature when it comes to consoles as opposed to keyboard controls.

It was in the game and the patch removed it, as per developer request people are giving feedback about the change and how it affects them.

It is silly to try and tell them they shouldn't just because it doesn't bother you.

You are only adding to the confusion. Analog is just an easier way to explain the subtle change in speed as you press the joystick, which is a pretty staple feature when it comes to consoles as opposed to keyboard controls.

It was in the game and the patch removed it, as per developer request people are giving feedback about the change and how it affects them.

It is silly to try and tell them they shouldn't just because it doesn't bother you.

You talk without knowing of what are you talking about. The change of speed in stick cannot correspond to real analog feature. It is an obvious limit. A programmer need to have a finite number of step of speed. 4 step, 5 step or 3 step does not matter.

Yes. Are only 2 sets. You have sh... in the eyes. Seems that you fall very easily in illusions. Watching a video it is not the best manner to discover. Trying with a pad in your hand while watching real game is the best way.

Man...your eys is tooo slowly...you can't see in normal framerate. You just missing some frames per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom