Freezes!!!

+
Freezes!!!

There are places in the game where there are micro freezes. Change the graphics settings have no effect on this problem,Only clean these freezes removed from the game directory under the file Grass_ps , Grass_shadowcast , Grass_vs. When the removal of these files of the game all the grass disappears, and no more freezes,but it works if you remove the grass only way. Please CD Projekt decide this problem with freezes!

My pc: I7 4790, gtx 780ti, 16ram, ssd intel 120gb.

Last edited:
I've got the same problem. On 1.06 it was working perfectly on medium/high in fhd. Now that freezes makes me sick. It doesn't matter if I'm in water, on the ground, walking, running, fighting, swimming, even in cutscenes freezes happen. They took about 5 seconds and make the game frustrating.

g3220, radeon hd7850, 4gb ram, windows 8.1

This is going from some rare frame times being drawn longer, ( fps though does not reveal this, it could be 30-40fps on average but with freezes every couple fps)

Things to do:
1. download famous Riva tuner statistics server i.e. HERE http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
2. turn VSYNC OFF,
3. turn FRAME LIMIT LIMITLESS
4. RUN riva tuner and add witcher3.exe to list, check it on this list and enter i.e. 30 in frame limit and leve it background.
5. Frames are much smoother than with CD RED frame limitter
5. GIVE me RED point if i helped you, thanks

If it happens 5 sec. check your hardware man, hdd, sdd, free space watever - it could be this
EDIT: juste read - 4 gb RAM? Do you have mental problems? I mean I have no words man....

Last edited:
If it happens 5 sec. check your hardware man, hdd, sdd, free space watever - it could be this
EDIT: juste read - 4 gb RAM? Do you have mental problems? I mean I have no words man....
Do you have some mental problems? Can you read? On 1.06 it worked PERFECTLY on medium/high settings, full hd, with 25-30 fps (no drops). And 200GB free space should be enough. Moreover loveWitcher has much better PC and he's got same problem. So calm down boy.

Do you have some mental problems? Can you read? On 1.06 it worked PERFECTLY on medium/high settings, full hd, with 25-30 fps (no drops). And 200GB free space should be enough. Moreover loveWitcher has much better PC and he's got same problem. So calm down boy.

I have no words man, just admire your kind. loveWitcher has microstuttering not 5sec pauses. Maybe with 1.08 patch it will be back to you, maybe not. Or maybe you just read specifications and take your wallet from your a... whatever. Its worthless....

I've got the same problem: micro freezes 1-2 sec, randomly. Even in cutscenes and menu (in meditation tab often). On 1.06 it was rarely. On 1.07 the amount of freezes has increased significantly.

G3420, Radeon R9 270X, 8GB RAM, 120 GB SSD

I have no words man, just admire your kind. loveWitcher has microstuttering not 5sec pauses. Maybe with 1.08 patch it will be back to you, maybe not. Or maybe you just read specifications and take your wallet from your a... whatever. Its worthless....

I have problems with i5-4690,gtx970,ssd and 8gb ram (or 12 with 1333). I haven;t had problems with 1.06, I finished game with 1.06. And after updating I've got problems... Yes of course it is hardware problems!!

I have problems with i5-4690,gtx970,ssd and 8gb ram (or 12 with 1333). I haven;t had problems with 1.06, I finished game with 1.06. And after updating I've got problems... Yes of course it is hardware problems!!

microstuttering is one thing. 5sec pauses every now and then are a hardware spec problem. So, if you want to have better experience with MICROSTUTTERING use my solve list in previous post. It is very fast frame limitter and it will change everything.
Completely another thing is a slideshow problem this guy have. I dont think you have 5 sec pasues every now and then, ARE YOU?

Same here, microfreezes every ~1sec, was perectly fine before 1.07 (played since day 1, always kept up to date, 100% vanilla). After 1.07 - I finished the game and started a second playthrough with the UBER Fidelity Mod, so I've changed the graphics settings around a lot - doesn't seem to have any impact on the stuttering. I am by far not a person who's after top tier FPS and I don't usually mind FPS drops, but this is significantly irritating in the long run.

Windows 7 64bit, i7 4820K, GTX680 2GB, 16GB 2400MHz DDR3, game installed on a WD HDD, system running on a Samsung SSD.

Edit: I tested soundslikerust's Riva Tuner solution and it seems to be an immediate help, the stuttering is gone, although I've only tested for a couple of seconds now. However I don't see using Riva Tuner in 2015 on a decent system as a good solution to a problem :)

Last edited:
Same here, microfreezes every ~1sec, was perectly fine before 1.07 (played since day 1, always kept up to date, 100% vanilla). After 1.07 - I finished the game and started a second playthrough with the UBER Fidelity Mod, so I've changed the graphics settings around a lot - doesn't seem to have any impact on the stuttering. I am by far not a person who's after top tier FPS and I don't usually mind FPS drops, but this is significantly irritating in the long run.

Windows 7 64bit, i7 4820K, GTX680 2GB, 16GB 2400MHz DDR3, game installed on a WD HDD, system running on a Samsung SSD.

Did you checked advice in my previous post? I bet you will be amazed with difference..

Try setting 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' to '1' for the game in nvidia control panel if you have stuttering even at a decent FPS.
I had a kind of hitching-stuttering where it was almost like one frame every second or 2 was out of order, meant for a split second earlier. Different from normal low-FPS lack of smoothness. That setting helped greatly for me and a few others.

g3220, radeon hd7850, 4gb ram, windows 8.1

holy hell... 4gb ram? dual core cpu? ;o

you have problems way beyond freezes ;p

actually, there's 3/4 people in thread with G3320/3420 cpus, dual core.

if they 'optimized' threading, it might be the cause. so maybe they just optimized for quad core and above? cuz honestly, nobody uses dual core since 5 years ago ;o

but then again, GPUs are also same ones that used to have problems in previous patches: nvidia 970, 780, etc... and radeon r9 290x

Last edited:
Try setting 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' to '1' for the game in nvidia control panel if you have stuttering even at a decent FPS.
I had a kind of hitching-stuttering where it was almost like one frame every second or 2 was out of order, meant for a split second earlier. Different from normal low-FPS lack of smoothness. That setting helped greatly for me and a few others.

Yeah, I tried that yesterday, it seemed to kinda help (could also just be placebo though :), but it definitely didn't get rid of the problem completely.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried that yesterday, it seemed to kinda help (could also just be placebo though :), but it definitely didn't get rid of the problem completely.

Thats not placebo when you chcek frame time generation NOT an FPS, you will see difference. I know i doesn't kill it, but its hands down better. Here you have another confirmation

http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

I did as you advised only by bandikam,and microstuttering remain . Any way thanks for your advice/

Last edited:
I did as you advised only by bandikam,and remained microstuttering. Any way thanks for your advice/

one thing i would do i would check my frame generation times (i use MSI afterburner it comes with rivatuner, and you dont need msi card). If those times are bigger than 33ms than 30 fps could be chokey on 60Hz refresh rate, if its like mine 10-15ms sometimes 28ms it makes a BIG difference.
you should try
*turning off vsyng for a while, in game AND in nvidia panel
*turn nvidia settings to default!
*turn off witcher frame limit to no limit
*use borderless fullscreen mode
*check VERY carefully my list in previous post, if you omitted something it wont work
*chceck if ypour browser or something elese is not taking 10% of cpu (mine was)
*i used to have intel extreme tuning util, i had to turn it on to kill microstuttering, (i have 4,1GHz intel i7)
*reduce limitter to lower ratio than 30 fps, try even 20fps, check differnet values
*i have 8 thread CPU but i saw BIG difference in 3,5GHz and 3,9GHz cpu setting
*if you are one of those without minimal specs dont bother, sorry it wont work
*all of those settings are very important, go with default settings in nvidia
*read http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

Check it again very carefully, i hope it will help!

Last edited:
the hell it was working perfectly before and now the game is totally broken for alot players, including myself, i have a decent computer even if it's 750/i4360/8gb it was running really fine with high settings and all others games too. WTF is that.

so suddently we should open tickets at nvidia ? that joke.

Last edited:
so suddently we should open tickets at nvidia ? that joke.

you should. the more you complain to them, the more likely they are to do something earlier.

you should also try other drivers though, or using options as other nvidia users have described. fixed it for some, but not for others. i can't say, since i have no way of testing.

it may be a change in the game, but that change could be affected by something in drivers/hardware (espec 970 which seems to have most probs). so they make one change, it'll fix it on some, and break it on others. that's the problem when drivers are so divergent... change in this driver version might break something in another (less driver revisions = less problems, ahem, amd).

--- Edited ---
It is unlikely to be the nvidia drivers. You can reinstall them ( use DDU first), and do a clean install if you think it is driver related. But lots of people with 970's AREN'T having the problem. I would verify the game cache, or try a full clean reinstall first though.

When I installed 1.07, doing a "verify" in GOG galaxy downloaded an addition 40 MB of files, which fixed things for me. downloads aren't always clean unless you do a cheksum, you could have some errors, especially when servers are being hammered like GOGs were on Sat.

Also, if you made any custom changes to the user.ini that improved performance or visual quality, you'll need to manually apply them to the NEW user.ini ( don't just copy the old file in place). There are changes between patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom