Patch 1.07 decreases Xbox performance by 8+ FPS in certain area's

+
Lame, been enjoying the game been really happy with performance I have 100 hrs into the game and have already stopped playing for a total of 3 weeks waiting for patches, Waited for 1.03 then waited on 1.05 now i guess I'll be waiting for 8.08.

I'm probably 10 hrs from finishing the games main story wonder if I should just plow through it and move on and come back to the game when the Story DLS comes out? Tired of this wack a mole crap with patches where a patch fixes something I need fixed but then breaks something else important.

Well, I submitted a support ticket on this issue a couple of days ago and got a reply today. They told me that they are sorry that I have problems with my copy of the game, that they currently investigatig the issue and have forwarded the data to the developers.

Seems pretty much generic, but at least it's something. A public statement would be better though.

At least we got somewhat of a response. But I agree, a public statement would be better.

It's such a shame, as the game ran great before but the patch. I really hope they can undo this.

The drop in framerate really puts Velen to unplayable levels for me. 30 FPS is low, but that's fine with console gaming, you get what you pay for, etc. Performance hits below that make it difficult to enjoy - 20 FPS is really, really quite abysmal to game on.

It's disappointing because I held off from playing just for the new patch, and now I wish I could go back to the quality of build 1.05 had.

Apparently the PS4's been like this forever, and now they've done it to the Xbox? If it stays this way permanently, I don't know if I'll want to go back to the game. I'm glad I just finished my initial playthrough before this patch.

You'd think it was a mistake, and that they'd come out quickly and say so, but no...nothing. I just can't believe that they would consciously and purposely make the performance worse. It makes no damn sense.

If they have tested patch 1.07 enough before releasing it they must have known they made the game worse for xbox1 players. I think paying customers are allowed to complain about that.
If they have NOT tested patch 1.07 enough before releasing it, and because of that they DIDNT know they made they game worse for xbox1 players, I think paying customers are allowed to complain about that too!.

Remember most people paid 70 euro's or more for the game. I think for that money it is reasonable to get a good product!

CDPR should take a example from WMD, the had a bit of a messy launch with Project Cars too, but they communicate on a daily basis with the players on their forum. CDPR is still silent after this new mess arrived!
lol if they hadnt release this patch everyone would still be complaining because it was taking so much time

Still no word? :/

I don't want to rage about this, as the game is still bloody amazing, but they should at least acknowledge this, and more importantly, fix it. They can't just ignore this.

Has anyone at CD Projekt Red commented on the dropped framerate on Xbox One? It really makes parts of the game unpleasant.

Any update from a dev? Kind of ridiculous that a product we bought gets made worse after we have been playing and alroudy payed for it.

Have been experiencing a lot of loading screens during gameplay and cutscenes on Xbox One, thing that doesn't seemed to be happening before... Interaction with NPCs got a lot better but textures still have some delay to load, sometimes more than 5 seconds... I didn't stopped to play the game but I really don't know why they've messed with graphics and performance on Xbox One version... Waiting for a tweak present in next patch..

Did you guys try to disable the "Blur" option under Display Options (I'm still keeping "Motion Blur" activated)? This actually fixed the frame rate drop issue in swamps for me.

Devs silent, their time is to important to talk to us paying customers. A responce would take to much of their precious time it seems.....

Well, 1.08 releases today, which includes
Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.

Lets hope this fixes the performance drops introduced with 1.07.

So the PS4 version's framerate has been marginally increased in the bog. Let's hope they revert the X1 version back to the state it was in before 1.07. Any X1 impressions?

So the PS4 version's framerate has been marginally increased in the bog. Let's hope they revert the X1 version back to the state it was in before 1.07. Any X1 impressions?

After installing patch was running through the bog and face enemies. Certainly fixed fps. Look like 1.05 or better

Been testing this out extensively and i'm over the moon to be able to say that YES, the framerate issues introduced in 1.07 have been eliminated.

Please note that i don't have a frame counter, so my statements regarding the fps are just estimations.

As a worse case scenario, I tested crook back bog in the rain, fighting multiple enemies in the water (4 drowners and 3 humans), using fire spells, had my torch equipped, spinning the camera around like a mad man and i'm guessing it was in the mid twenties.

Outside of that extreme stress test, it appeared to be in the 28-30 fps region.

I tested out other areas that i had problems with in 1.07 and the framerate was rock solid, 30fps 99.9% of the time.

I'm a very happy chappy right now.

Great news. I gave up on the PS4 version weeks ago, so I'm just gonna pick this up on Xbox when I buy one later this year.

Thanks for reporting back everyone.

Yeah Lukas, same 4 me, i switch ps4 copy to an xbox one, and honestly framerate wise, it's night and day...
I was afraid with 1.07, but 1.08 fixed it, it's now a rock solid 30fps in EVERY area, it dips a bit when fighting several mobs under storm but must be 28/30 so that's great!
I saw you, Lukas on Neogaf, reporting xboxone version has been fixed, thx for that, and yes, if u want to play TW3 on consoles, with a good framerate, you'll have to buy an xbox, it's a good console with a lot of good games coming!
With 7 patchs behind, i'm afraid that ps4 version won't be fixed... i hope i'm wrong...!

Top Bottom