Patch 1.07 decreases Xbox performance by 8+ FPS in certain area's

+
Patch 1.07 decreases Xbox performance by 8+ FPS in certain area's

Up until now the Xbox version has been the smoothest most stable version of the game. Seems after the 1.07 patch it now has the same framerate issues the PS4 had.

This needs to be fixed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-patch-107

"Let's start with Xbox One. Our analysis shows Microsoft's console retains its advantage in frame-rate over the PS4, but there's a downgrade in effect with the transition from patch 1.05 to 1.07. A horseback tour around Novigrad city remains largely stutter free on the latest update - as was the case before. However, charging through Crookback bog during heavy rainfall tells another story as we stress the engine to its fullest.Essentially, gameplay on Xbox One now appears to rely on a similar double-buffer v-sync set-up to the PS4 game, locking its frame-rate to 20fps during these lulls in performance. This means that the reading on our graph is consistently lower on patch 1.07 as compared to 1.05, where it was free to waver between 20-30fps freely. On a matching route through the bog, frame-rate can be up to 8fps slower on the latest version of the game."

So that tells me that what they actually needed to do with this patch was disable the double-buffer v-sync on Ps4 and it woud have resulted in a framerate boost to match the X1 version.
Instead, they decided to enable it on X1 so it also runs badly in the swamps now.

How in the world does that make sense.
They could have had both versions running at 27-30fps in the swamps but decided they'd rather have both running at locked 20fps

This is ridiculous, instead of improving the PS4 version, they messed up the Xbox One version. They really need to undo this, it was running just fine before. Quite disappointed with this. I'm glad I already finished the game once, but now replaying the game will be a worse experience. It makes no sense!

Revert the game to triple buffering !Xbox One owners dont have to suffer because the tech people at CDPR cant fix the PS4 framerate!If the game had better framerate on Patch 1.5 why make it worst with 1.7?Now every console has a crap framerate,and CDPR must be enjoying it most likely,worst developers ever!

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
How many more patches should be released before this game is polished? I think I'll return to this game when the second big DLC is out.

Revert the game to triple buffering !Xbox One owners dont have to suffer because the tech people at CDPR cant fix the PS4 framerate!If the game had better framerate on Patch 1.5 why make it worst with 1.7?Now every console has a crap framerate,and CDPR must be enjoying it most likely,worst developers ever!

Yep. Probably the best storytellers, and the worst developers. But now we have to deal with Marcin lies, and it's getting really ugly.

Stop supporting crap developers,CDPR already made de money expected,all they will do now is lie and erase all the comments they dont have an awnser to give!The performance problems will never be fix and dont trust otherwise,lies and more lies and lack of face!

This is nonsense the PS4 version was not as streamlined as the XB1 so instead of fixing it in an fit of retardation you decide to screw up the XB1 version thats down right pathetic CDPR fix this BS.
Oh and fix the damn issue that kicks XB1 owners back to the XBox Menu randomly in game/ or randomly during Fastraveling this blows fix it please.

I was only thinking about how much I loved The Witcher 3 two days ago. Then patch 1.07 came along and ruined it for me. I haven't been on it since.

I just bought the game on this week and I played it non-stop until this patch. Now I don't even want to touch it with a stick, until they fix this mess they made.

It's sadly true... I was really thinking that they would surprise us with a very decent patch that would address those bugs and perfomance issues like they announced in the changelog, but I'm really angry and disappointed with the way that they've dealt with it... Someone can tell me how making XB1 performance worst will help with PS4 performance issues?!? They tried to match both versions to have the same 20fps in those regions shown on the video...ok but WHY?!? The game was running pretty fine on XB1... it's unnaceptable... Come on let's work on the next patch to solve what you've messed...

yeah hope they hotfix this..the frame drop horrible some are.like swamp or fog or wind blow some sand etc..how can they to ruin this??

Honestly, it's like a nightmare, lol, i had a perfect game last week, this week it became a bug/slideshow festival on xbox... unbelievable!! As i said in another thread, casual gamer won't notice and tell us that the game is perfect, but from the gamer community it will be a bloodfest, all the goodwill CDPR acquired hardly during these last 7/8 years, has disapeared in 1 month...
The saddest thing is there is absolutely no reason for the framerate to take a hit, that's not as if they enhanced the game, it's the same... so what is the reason for this downgrade?
Im afraid we'll never know and i'm afraid we can't go back... on ps4 it's the same situation since release, i see no reason that it would be different for xbox... fuck, the nightmare continue...!

Last edited:
Makes me sad it has come to this. Bought the game day 1, havent been able to play one succesfull bug free session since...unbelieveable how things got from bad to worse. Would trade in all new features and free DLC for a playable version of the game. CDPR owes it to all us paying customers to fix this game on all platforms before they do anything else, including other francises, free mini DLC etc...
My patience starts to run extremely thin...

Top Bottom