Fires invisible at night

+
Fires invisible at night

I'd like to see this at least partially changed: the visibility of fires at night or in the dark. At night I might not expect to see a tree 15 meters away, but a fire? I am walking, see nothing, and suddenly 14 meters away (for example) a fire appears in front of me. It is incredibly strange.

Attachments

• w3-fire03.jpg
    w3-fire03.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 81
Wow, this is exactly my problem with things too, things just appear when you're right on top of them. Like the level of detail changing at close up range too. What gives? And yes a fire especially should be seen as far as the eyes could... that's why we see stars, innit?

Last edited:
Yeah this thing is so annoying!! While running on your horse it gets even more ridiculous... with fire on torches appearing at 3 meters away!!
This plus all the POP-IN problems like the NPCs and the level of detail changing while getting closer and closer.. I HOPE the next patches will solve this, it makes the game so frustrating and ugly (graphically speaking).

It would actually be really amazing to see these fires from far, far away. There would be something you could explore, and also lights in windows. It would do so much for immersion to see light at night.

maybe the lights are out

what are those? candles?

you can use a sweetfx mod with bloom, and you will see the lights

Wow, this is exactly my problem with things too, things just appear when you're right on top of them. Like the level of detail changing at close up range too. What gives? And yes a fire especially should be seen as far as the eyes could... that's why we see stars, innit?
That is sort of the point. I understand perfectly there are limits to distance drawing, so i don't have a practical expectation to see everything in great detail very far away, but at night, a fire should not be invisible until you are practically on top of it. When moving in a dark scene, this more than anything consistently breaks me away from any immersion.

Top Bottom