The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
Funnily enough this is one of the few Alienware products that are decently priced.

Then know that current console market is severely underpriced and focuses on low end computers, so they couldn't start with extreme prices. However they offer options (better CPU and etc.) which will bump the price of their Steam Machine.

You can attach controller to your PC all the same.

And as I said, not everyone has a PC capable of gaming. I certainly don't; neither my laptop or my old PC would be able to handle The Witcher 3, let alone most other major PC games. Not everyone can afford the latest or best PC/Laptops.

And as I said, not everyone has a PC capable of gaming. I certainly don't; neither my laptop or my old PC would be able to handle The Witcher 3, let alone most other major PC games. Not everyone can afford the latest or best PC/Laptops.

If you get a low end PC you can pay less, but you'll be playing games like TW3 on lower settings as well. Comparable to getting current low end consoles in practice. High end consoles won't cost much cheaper than high end PCs. You'll be probably even paying more for special form factor in such case. So I don't see a major difference between consoles and PCs in regards to what you can afford and what you get.

Last edited:
If you get a low end PC you can pay less, but you'll be playing games like TW3 on lower settings as well. Comparable to getting current low end consoles in practice. High end consoles won't cost much cheaper than high end PCs. You'll be probably even paying more for special form factor in such case. So I don't see a major difference between consoles and PCs in regards to what you can afford and what you get.

PC's are constantly upgrading. Consoles rarely. By the months end of you having your new pc a better graphics card is usually released, and so on and so forth. Not to mention it's incredibly easy to mess up a PC or laptop. My laptop hangs every few minutes or so and it takes about half a minute to a minute to un-hang.

A good PC with excellent protection from all the malware, viruses, trojans and what not is a lot more than a console; and even then there is still no guarantee it won't mess up. All it takes is one dodgy site being visited or one dodgy download. And black hat hackers are constantly making new and better viruses/trojans/etc that current protection programs aren't made for.

A true gaming PC costs a lot of money. Far more than the £250 you can get a PS4 for at it's lowest.

PC's are constantly upgrading. Consoles rarely.

That's not an inherent quality of consoles or PCs by any means. Market with healthy competition naturally drives manufacturers to constantly improve their products (which we see in PCs, tablets and handsets). Note that it's not a reason to upgrade your hardware as soon as new CPU, GPU or handset model comes out. As long as yours can serve you - use it. Upgrade when you really need it, and not "just because".

Consoles on the other hand used to be upgraded once in 8 years simply because of insufficient competition. That's going to change now with Valve pushing Steam Machines as an alternative to incumbents (Xbox and PlayStation). Things will get lively, with a lot of new consoles coming out, ranging from low to high end. And they'll be produced way more often than insane 8 years period, which will cause MS and Sony to follow suit, otherwise they'll lose the race right from the start.

---------- Updated at 09:04 PM ----------

A true gaming PC costs a lot of money. Far more than the £250 you can get a PS4 for at it's lowest.

Current consoles are sold probably for less than they cost to produce. That's not normal and it's not going to last with more competition coming. It only worked because MS and Sony subsidized their hardware through games sales and they pushed the idea of low end gaming so sustain it. As I said, competition now will blow that model out. Consoles will be competing on the whole range of computational power, same as PCs are, and they'll cost more realistically as well.

Last edited:
Porting something like witcher 1 which is in itself 40-60 hours game and witcher 2 which is 24 hours game to new engine takes times and resources. Not to mention whole VO for tw1 would need to be remade. I would rather cdpr spend those resources on expansions for witcher 3 and cyberpunk game.

If this will happen, I'd definitely purchase. But there's a high probability that it won't.
I never played the first two because I never had a good enough PC.
Maybe when my 4 year old laptop dies, I can justify the cost of buying a new one.

I do agree that CDPR should focus more on upcoming DLCs and support for TW3 and new titles.

This is the first time i discover Witcher 1 is not on consoles, and 2 is not on PS3.

Any old PC can run the Witcher 1 on low settings at least with very playable FPS. But the second game needs a solid PC.

I would want to have def editions of TW1-2 on Xbox One, but I doubt it will happen. Given how much MS support TW3, and how fast they post DLCs, I think TW2 will be coming to Xbox One with the first wave of backward-compatible games, this fall. No pressing need for def edition, it seems. I would really like CDPR to port TW1, and they sure have enough money to do it even pro bono, just as a gift for fans, but business is business, and TW1 port may be simply not financially viable. TW1 can be played on every computer now, and it is very cheap, so whoever really wants it, can get it.

I would really like CDPR to port TW1, and they sure have enough money to do it even pro bono, just as a gift for fans, but business is business, and TW1 port may be simply not financially viable. TW1 can be played on every computer now, and it is very cheap, so whoever really wants it, can get it.
They really have much better things to do for fans, which they aren't doing yet. For instance release RedKit for TW3 and release RedKit for TW2 for Linux. So chances of them working on TW1 for consoles "just for fans" are close to zero.

There are higher chances of TW1 engine being reimplemented by Xoreos project, which will allow porting it to many platforms.

Also, there was some talk about MS scraping current Xbox OS and replacing it with Windows in the future. So that might seamlessly allow playing TW1 there as well.

Last edited:
Well, id still love to see W1 and 2 re-made through W3 engine thou.
Ya, some systems would be hard to change (especially considering that W1 combat system is totally different from other series), but im sure it can be overcome.
W1 and 2 hav a lot of good potential to be re-made i think

Why would they even do that?

A remake of TW1 would be basically a new game for console users, so maybe it would be worth it, and also cheaper to make than TW3 (smaller world, already existing engine/textures/models/animations, etc.). It would probably not be as profitable as an actual new game, though, so I do not think it is going to be made.

I voted yes, as console users were unable to play the first episode, but was going to vote no, due to the fact that it would be exclusive to consoles which would send PCGamers on a murderous rage towards CDPR and console gamers, which would be...Bad, very bad indeed.

But I changed my answer to yes, because if they did, it would automatically be released to PCGamers as well, for the same reasons that I just mentioned, as CDPR is not EA, UBIshit, or Buzzard.

Last edited:
Given the huge fanbase the game has I would not be surprised if there was a Black Mesa or Skywind style remake for the game.

Many of the Witcher 3 resources are very reminiscent of the ones in TW1 which is a big advantage compared to many other fan remakes, where the games are really old and stuff from the newer game would look very out of place in a remake, Many of the buildings, NPCs, armor sets and VFX effects from The Witcher 3 could be reused which would be a big plus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom