need help extracting with wcc_lite, please!!

+
need help extracting with wcc_lite, please!!

OK, first of all, I can't "uncook" the files from my game. Even if I use the uncook command properly (according to the guide), it extracts only about 3GB's of files (about 40.000 or so files, whereas I've read the size of the uncooked directory should be around 30GB's), and there are absolutely NO TGA files, whatsoever...

But anyway, what I need is to use a .w2mesh file from an existing mod (have absolutely NO IDEA on how to extract or uncook files from an exisiting mod), then use this file to replace the original one, and then "cook" it back into a mod.

The modding guide is very generic (not to mention the tools), that is, at least for inexperienced modders like myself, so ANY guidance would be good... Thanks!

Can you please give us the paths of your witcher 3 directory, the ModTools directory and you own Modding directory?

Sure! I removed the spaces of the directory names (I'd rename them back later, not to worry) , because I thought wcc_lite was having trouble with them (the spaces, I mean):

wcc_lite uncook -indir=G:\Witcher3\content -outdir=C:\Witcher3Files\Uncooked -imgfmt=tga

The different drives is because I keep the game in my SSD drive (G : ). So I intended on extracting (or uncooking) to my C: drive (regular HDD), because I didn't wanna clutter my SSD with even more thousands and thousands of files (even with the "wrong" uncook is already a lot of clutter = more than 40.000 files, and just 3GB, imagine a full 30GB).

Why can't CDPR provide a tool that extracts only what we need?! I just want to modify an armor... :\

Last edited:
First off: wcc_lite uncook -indir=G:\Witcher3\content -outdir=C:\Witcher3Files\Uncooked -imgfmt=tga -skiperrors
This should extract your game! -skiperrors is very important or else the first file that causes trouble will terminate the whole process.

If you want to extract a mod try this however: wcc_lite uncook -indir=G:\Witcher3\Mods\<InsertModName>\content -outdir=C:\Witcher3Files\Uncooked -ingfmt=tga -skiperrors

Also there are 2 ModTools with a graphical user interface available , you can find both here on the forum or at nexusmods.
Search for GUI

Okay mate, thanks a lot... I'll try with the -skiperrors "extention" and report back ;)

---------- Updated at 07:08 PM ----------

OK, so far so good... Extracted the files from the existing mod. Now I need to make a patch using one of the .w2mesh files I extracted from the mod, replace the original one (It's on my uncooked folder I mentioned before, MINUS the tga files, of course...), and then create a new mod, am I right? If not asking too much... how? ;)

P.S. I don't need to do any graphical editing... I just need to replace the .w2mesh file. I won't release the mod, it's just for myself.

Last edited:
And thats where I am not entirely sure.
Can you tell me which mod this is and what you are trying to change?
I would test it myself to see if I can help you. But unless I know exactly what you are trying I can't.
I don't have enough experience Importing stuff myself :)

Sent you a PM

---------- Updated at 08:22 PM ----------

OK, so... is there a way for me to uncook (from the main game this time) just an specific content folder (precisely the one that contains the armors for geralt)? I don't want to uncook 30GB's of files I'm not using...

Yes just put the content folder link of the mod you want to edit in the code

No mate... What I meant is that I want to only extract (uncook) the armor ("content\characters\models\geralt\armor") folder (and subsequent folders = all armors) from the original files of the game, WITHOUT uncooking the whole game, got it?

Yeah, I know... But I already did it once (without the -skiperrors extension TelandorSortas suggested me) and ended up with 3GB's of clutter (more than 40.000 files I will not use, ever.. the TGA files were never extracted, don't ask me why). Why would I extract the whole game?! To have 30GB's of clutter?! No thanks... I just need the armor folder. If some good soul can send it to me, I'll be more than grateful... If not, I guess I'll wait for CDPR to release a proper mod tool, or at least one that let's you extract ONLY what you want to change and not hundreds of thousands of useless files ;)

I think modkitchen only works if you have already uncooked the whole game files. It's (as wcc_lite) useless for just certain folders...

Top Bottom