Epic Swamp - Or: Essenthy did it again

+
Ah, my fault. I though you were discussing about water.

Well, i watched 35 minute demo. All i can see it's that's most certainly same system as it currently is. Particles + decals.
Though it just seems to be unrestrained as almost every collision of blood particles with the ground seems to create blood decals on the ground.

Nonetheless i'm not sure whether it would be possible to recreate this with scripts. Scriptable control over particles is pretty slim and there seems to be no control over decals.

My only bet now would be to look into game config in order to tweak decals parameters.

My only problem with the blood decals is that they seem to be low resolution and get stretched a lot. Water blood works fine for me, it's the stuff on the ground and on actors.

Such light, much distance, wow!

http://pic.fullrest.ru/upl/Tntjd4X0.jpg

Last edited:

Thats outstanding. Truly.

I seriously was blown away back in May when I first decided to go off the main trails and look around at the world in Witcher 3, and the distance they had achieved visually. But now, because it's an even clearer view, I'm really thinking more and more about the kind of world-building that's possible in our future. Both with the W3 expansions, and beyond with this engine. I know the textures were not designed to be rendered without fog around them, but they still pass the eyeball test, and it just puts you into that mental framework of believing what you're seeing.... In a game.

You know how sometimes, when Geralt runs into that invisible barrier for the zones, and says 1 of the scripted phrases tied to that action? Well right now, the one that really seems to resonate with the feelings I have for this mod is, "Miles and miles and miles...."

Randy in super turbo lightning mode
Ammazzzinggggg

Attachments

• south-park-turbo-randy.jpg
    south-park-turbo-randy.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom