[BUG] Fools Gold DLC

+
[BUG] Fools Gold DLC

The bandits in the village don't move when they're supposed to attack you. They can be killed, but as they don't move, they also don't fall, and the game doesn't recognise their death. The quest doesn't andvance any further.

I'm playing 1.10 on steam.

Hi, I have exact same problem. It's not just you.

Attachments

• w3_foolsgold.jpg
    w3_foolsgold.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 175
Bump.
Same issue, they don't attack or even move, so the quest cannot advance....that sux

note: I'm on 1.10 also

Ok, so how about I put it this way...

Has anyone been able to successfully start/play this quest from the beginning after updating to the 1.10 patch?

Yeah, same for me, problem is, it's not only this quest I've ran into several others with the same bug/glitch.

yup same here...I just got to it tried several times and they bandits won't move or die. I even tried the other option to stay out of it and the same thing happened.

I did the quest on 1.10 a few days ago and didn't had any problems completing it.
Well crap.
I actually did a clean install of the game. (uninstalled and deleted all game files from my pc)
Then did a clean install with the 1.10 patch and single DLC file and it didnt solve the issue for me.

Today I updated to the 1.11 patch and I still have the issue.
This Sucks.

And NO, i dont or never have used any mods or messed with any game config files, Ive been playing the "vanilla" game since I started.

Last edited:
Did you try the newest DLC pack? Download it and find a save file before the beginning of the quest and try again.
Yeah, that is what I meant above when I stated I did a clean install with the single DLC file from gog.com

I just tried uninstalling that , then installing all the individual separate DLC files, to see if that helped...it didnt.
(i kept all my DLC files and every patch download since launch "just in case" I would ever need them)

So I tried loading an old save game where I just left White Orchard. ( still a no go)

I'm out of ideas, i uninstalled the game and deleted all game files from my documents, the only files I'm copying back is the saved games.
Unless there is something left over in the registry after uninstalling that's causing it.

This bug is already known as you can see here

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-to-progress?p=1940419&viewfull=1#post1940419

and here

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ol-s-Gold-Beginning-Bug?highlight=fool's+gold

But sorry CDPR I can confirm: this bug is not fixed with patch 1.11. I have tested it with patch 1.11 just in time. The only difficerence is: I am able to random gore the bandits. Now: Must I request a new support-ticket again? Or is it sufficient to post it here this time?

PS Now I have send another supporting-request.

Last edited:
This bug is already known as you can see here

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-to-progress?p=1940419&viewfull=1#post1940419

and here

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ol-s-Gold-Beginning-Bug?highlight=fool's+gold

But sorry CDPR I can confirm: this bug is not fixed with patch 1.11. I have tested it with patch 1.11 just in time. The only difficerence is: I am able to random gore the bandits. Now: Must I request a new support-ticket again? Or is it sufficient to post it here this time?
Thanks for sharing that info.

Yeah, There really isn't much more I can do on my end other than to ensure I'm running a clean install of the game with all the latest DLC files and patches.
Which I've done.

Actually this is the first bug i've encountered so far after MANY hrs of play (i'm level 20).
So if this is all I encounter, then fine, i'll just skip this quest and wait for a fix.

I'm just a bit worried now since I've just cleared all my map markers (except this one)and all current quests, and then I'm ready to "find a boat to Skellige"....so here is to hoping i dont have any issues with that also since i'm updated to 1.11.

Last edited:
Ahhhh....got it fixed.

You need the 1.11 patch AND the latest updated FREE DLC PROGRAM (16DLC) v1.11 from gog.com also.

It seems my issue was I grabbed the FREE DLC PROGRAM (16DLC) too quick after grabbing the v1.11 patch and the DLC file wasn't updated to the latest version yet on gog.com when i grabbed it.
(I guess that's what you get for getting excited and refreshing the site and grabbing the patches as soon as they're available)

So If you're like me and you grabbed the FREE DLC PROGRAM (16DLC) file at the same time you grabbed the 1.11 patch, you may not have gotten the newest DLC file if you happened to grab it before it was updated on gog.com. (they should have updated them both at exactly the same time IMO)

Version of DLC file i had installed was... setup_the_witcher3_dlc1-16_2.0.0.40.exe
Newest version of the DLC file is... setup_the_witcher3_dlc1-16_2.0.0.41.exe

So try updating your FREE DLC PROGRAM (16DLC) file with the latest version and see if it fixes the issue for you too.

Last edited:
WTF, I must download the total DLC-packet, again? Can I not only download the fixed DLC Fool's Gold from somewhere? PLEASE HELP. Give me a tip.

Ok, then I will try it. Thanks. Good night from my timezone and have a nice weekend.

PS Ok. Now I have installed the fixed DLC-version. And yes the bug is fixed. Now I know, if CDPR said, "The DLC was fixed, with the patch" I must download the fixed DLC-version, too. I will burn it into my brain for the future. Definitely. So sorry, because I not mentioned, that I have send a supporting-request again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom