[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
awesome detail:
geralt turns the candles off, like when we are trying to interact with chests

@cyberpunkforever Precisely the reason why we love these guys so much :)

@e6chan HoS is around 10 dollars with 10 hours or so of content, so I'm guessing BaW would be 20 dollars for around 20 hours of content. It also makes sense since the sum of the individual prices would be 30 dollars, and the Expansion Pass is 25, so it gives you a slight advantage.

Loved, nay, adored TW3, but was a little bit disappointed with HoS. Felt the wedding was juvenile, protracted and completely unnecessary. And I also felt that Iris's mansion called for some actual puzzles (rather than mindless chores) counterpointed by some tense fights (rather than mooks thrown in rather arbitrarily at frequent intervals). Rest was really enjoyable though. I for one enjoyed the boss battles.

I like it, but not as much as i liked W3:WH. Best part is wedding quest - great, funny, nice dialogues. Auction House robbery is fine, I like it. Quest with Iris is bad, sadly. Why? Because Iris's texts are so bad wroten. U changed scenarist cdprojekt or what? Idea is great, location is great, but dialogues are so pathetic, i am disappointed.
But i like HoS overall. Its still very good game.

Wanted to stay with Shani, but looks like it's impossible. I even rejected all other girls before... But still awesome, glad to see her here, hope she will be back in next one.

first time i've registered for a forum to praise the game, but most of all hearts of stone. (spoilers)

i was expecting content. Nothing more nothing less, just some extra sidequests of slaying monsters and whatnot. Afterall most of the horrible dlc's that come out are like that. However i was shocked with hearts of stone. The biggest and probably will be one of my biggest memories of gaming history is the moment you meet vlodimir. I was expecting to fight some monster ghost or see some lame villager with no personality. Instead you meet a man with so much personality to him with such a wonderful character. He wanted me to go find someone he could possess which i than thought ok thats pretty cool but still kind of a fetch quest. THAN he decides to possess me and than it lets you talk as him through geralts body which at that point made me go ok thats REALLY REALLY cool.

i thought i've seen everything, but just wow this quest is so entertaining. Man CDproject you guys are the bomb. I think this is the first time i've enjoyed a dlc just as much as the main game. You guys have restored my faith in gaming and i cannot wait for blood and wine.

Loved, nay, adored TW3, but was a little bit disappointed with HoS. Felt the wedding was juvenile, protracted and completely unnecessary.

I must say I totally disagree! The wedding was fantastic, potentially the best part of HoS and top 3 in entire TW3. I loved the dialogs and having Vlad there possessing Geralt's body was super fun for me. Great job, CDPR, best DLC in any game I've played. Met my high expectations for sure.

'Hearts of Stone' is a fantastic expansion. I can't really find anything bad to say.

I especially liked the fun and innocense at the wedding party. Chasing pigs made me laugh. Really.

The introduction of the djinn was exiting. O'Dimm was all I imagined a djinn would be like.

Ok. Well, there is only one thing that ..ahem... bothered me a bit: The romance with Shani.
Call me oldfashioned, but I usually stick to one partner, and stepping aside doesn't appeal to me. It brings up too many conflicts inside me :thinking:

In general this is amazing DLC. However
1.I didn't like wedding part as well (or the possesion on Geralt). I think it was overused and juvenille.
2. Iris dialogs could be a bit better.
3. Shani... why you do not have a chance to stay with her? Was it really that hard to implement? Instead her part ends with huge dissapointment..

The rest was top notch! Cannot wait for Blood and Wine expansion.

I said it once, I say it again. Hearts of Stone is the best gaming experience I had in years and I'm comparing the DLC with full games here. This is just an insane level of quality even for a full game, let alone additional content.

As a lot of people joking right now - Blood & Wine is going to be 2016 GOTY :pride:And I totally agree with them aside the joking part.

'Hearts of Stone' is a fantastic expansion. I can't really find anything bad to say.

I especially liked the fun and innocense at the wedding party. Chasing pigs made me laugh. Really.

The introduction of the djinn was exiting. O'Dimm was all I imagined a djinn would be like.

Ok. Well, there is only one thing that ..ahem... bothered me a bit: The romance with Shani.
Call me oldfashioned, but I usually stick to one partner, and stepping aside doesn't appeal to me. It brings up too many conflicts inside me :thinking:

except he wasnt a djinn.. He is a character build on many Eastern-European myths and stories about a devil playing a sick game with a human for his soul... human soul is of no use for a djinn..

Hearts of Stone story is good, not great, but good.
I thought the characters were good but far from fully fleshed out, most evident with the nature of Gaunter O'dimm powers not being explained (wait, he can do anything?).
The story begins well with Oldgierd, Shani and the Borsodis. It's with the Iris quest that things begin getting plain weird and I begun losing interest in an accelarated pace. I was also disappointed by the fact that the choices of how I fullfilled Oldgierd wishes didn't seem to matter in the over-arcing narrative.
The quest design is more of The Witcher 3 same.
Boss fights sometimes better (Oldgierd) but more often on par or worse than TW3's (Prince Toad and the Caretaker).

Overall, good expansion, especially for its price. Not back to TW1&2 quality but definitely shows signs of CDPR not neglecting the quality completely.

I enjoyed Hearts of Stone more than the main game. There was a lot more dialogoue, which I really liked. I do wish the parts with Shani had lasted longer though. On that note, some people on the team obviously had a lot of fun with that "scene" on the boat. :p Talk about risqué. I guess they took the criticism that all the previous scenes were basically the same to heart.

Hearts of Stone just adds to my opinion that the game needs an Enhanced Edition, Not only to rebalance everything once the other expansion is complete, but I'd like cutscenes at the end of the main game about what happens to Shani and Olgierd, for example. Hearts of Stone gave me that bittersweet feeling that the rest of the game didn't. The quality does dip a bit in some areas, and I still don't like the over-reliance on the Witcher sense mechanic, but I got that 'witcher" feeling 100% throughout this expansion, just like in TW1 and TW2.

I wish the rest of the main game was of this standard. It's so good, I need more messed up Slavic folklore! I'm still miffed about the Academy though. CDPR obviously put effort into designing it, but you're only there for 5 minutes. I think closing the Academy because of the war was a mistake. So many interesting quests could have taken place there.

After you finished that quest in the Academy, Shani tells you to come see her before she leaves. I looked in the Journal, and there wasn't any information about that, so I went and dealt with O'Dimm first, but then when I went back to Oxenfurt, Shani was gone. Is there any unique dialogue if you go straight back there after you deal with the professor, or is it just the same lines about how she and Geralt can't work. EDIT: Read through this thread, Shani is gone in my game. Maybe that's a bug. And from what I gathered, there's no other dialogue about the end of the quest.

Also, O'Dimm is a better antagonist that the Wild Hunt. CDPR seriously missed the mark with them.

Last edited:
The story is very interesting and dark. I enjoyed that. Several quests have been added in addition to the main story and I was not expecting such a pleasant surprise. Good price for the content.

The bad thing is that the new Viper Gear Set is missable and as a 28 years old woman with a full time job is really difficult to start a new game just because I missed the silver sword. :(

I need to say that I have a huge expectation for Blood and Wine.

@deboramoreno

Shame you missed the sword, funnily enough it was the first path I took. That aside it's good for a completionist and don't get me wrong, the sword is strong but the other Witcher school swords are effectively very similiar, you are not missing out.

Also, O'Dimm is a better antagonist that the Wild Hunt. CDPR seriously missed the mark with them.
Thought exactly the same. But the reason here for me is that i read the books before the game and i basically knew everything about main character, so there was really nothing at all to learn about Wild Hunt.

Well the expansion is sooooooooo awful, that I had to play it through, without sleep.... I should sue CDPR for forcing me to play the game for so many hours straight.... ;)

The expansion was really awesome. Can't wait for the next one, if it's on the same level of quality, then i'm happy I bought the season pass since I usually don't buy them, like ever. :)

Top Bottom