Cyberpunk 2020 Play by Post Databook- Title Subject to Change

+
Hey Sard, just picked up the WildSide source book. Is it ok if I start going through contact network creation and try and rewrite my skills around a specialty?

Just so my character isn't completely helpless I was thinking of giving her scratchers in her nails. I also read that you can get fangs with poison in them. Is that something you'd allow Sardukhar?

That way at least she could fend off human muggers and such. Obviously wouldn't do much against a cyberpsycho or anything like that.

Considering my char is a literal metalhead with dermal armor and superhearing (going to a bathroom is a nightmare), its not excesive at all. Tho I should mention youd need good reflexes to swing/bite first.

I suggest using your attacks as a last resort and letting the weird amazon lady with a dude's name handle it.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll change that from an armored dome tent (yes, that was a joke) to a portable bomb shelter ...

Just so my character isn't completely helpless I was thinking of giving her scratchers in her nails. I also read that you can get fangs with poison in them. Is that something you'd allow Sardukhar?

That way at least she could fend off human muggers and such. Obviously wouldn't do much against a cyberpsycho or anything like that.

don't forget that you'll have at minimum 60 skill points to play with (more if the lifepath gods smile upon you), so you should be able to eek out a couple points for some sort of defensive skill. if nothing else, grab an uzi and do your best cyril figgis impersonation by offering... wait for it... SUPPRESSING FIRE!

unless this ends up being yet another "oh we're not using that part of IU either" moment, i'd direct you to page 6 of interlock first paragraph top left

To determine the amount of skills a beginning character
receives, add up the characters STATS. This number is equal
to the amount of Skill Points a character receives to start off
with. Some GM’s may wish to raise or lower the amount of
Basic Skill points depending on the level of the game they wish
to run. At character creation skills cost a flat 1 Skill Point per
point of Skill. Additionally, every character gets their native
language at an 8 for free.

we have 60 starting for stats... or more for cool pics/backgrounds... so minimum 60 skill points

unless this ends up being yet another "oh we're not using that part of IU either" moment, i'd direct you to page 6 of interlock first paragraph top left

we have 60 starting for stats... or more for cool pics/backgrounds... so minimum 60 skill points

Sardukhar said previously he'd be giving me 65, so I'll go with that again. I'll have to think of an interesting back story.

also if anybody needs it, i found an old link to a lifepath generator which is pretty handy. only down side is it gives results just from the main book and not the extended charts like in the char gen unlimited file

http://www.moosh.net/cp2020/

Sardukhar said previously he'd be giving me 65, so I'll go with that again. I'll have to think of an interesting back story.

60 is indeed the starting point for stats. You get an extra 5 if you have a cool back story and/or self-made image(s). You get 10 if I'm really impressed. No, no one has 10 yet.

We are using IU rules for Skill Points, yes, although I'm really only concerned if your Special Ability is more than 5. Other skills are fine.

I rolled up my lifepath the sort-of oldfashioned way. An amusing tidbit is the fact that Otis apparently physicially crippled two gang leaders within two years, one of whom was her cousin, and neither hate her for it.

Last edited:
unfortunately I'm having a hard time digging up my backup copy of the, mosquito i think it was called, character generator by arcady once upon a time. that thing spat out acid trip crazy characters, like transsexual space truckers that are also members of a royal family... i'm sure sard will be saddened for it's loss

---------- Updated at 03:25 PM ----------

wa wa! i found the files, but the code is apparently shit and causes flash to crash immediately :(

Top Bottom