The witcher 1 why is mine censored?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witcher 1 why is mine censored?

hey guys,

I bought my game on steam and as far as I was aware only the AUS and US version were censored. I thought with the enhanced edition all versions would be uncensored. I'm from the netherlands and I own this game on steam and its censored for some reason.

any idea why its censored?

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher:_Enhanced_Edition_Director%27s_Cut

from the Witcher Wikia, there are links at the bottom for the director's cut.

I think it's bizarre to censor the witcher while it's first: rated m for mature, second: witcher 2 is not censored if im not mistaken and it have much more nudity.

I would say that they censored number 1 in the US because they have this terrible problem that you can have all the blood and guts you want (Saw, Hostel, ect.) but show one bare woman's breast and people are up in arms about it.

But Witcher 2 is not censored? Also i don't understand this, are American audience less mature than European? Even the most conservative catholic countries have less censorship than USA. This is paradox USA is one of the most sexually degenerated country yet they fear any hint of nudity.

That's weird. I'm also from the Netherlands and also bought it on Steam, but it wasn't censored. Make sure it really isn't censored, I think you only get to check this with a sex card from Chapter 1, since the sex card in the Prologue doesn't have nudity anyway.

Take a look on Steam for the DLC-List. Does Steam say that you have the "Directors Cut DLC"?
(Just right-click Witcher 1 in Steam Library, then Properties and then DLC)

If you have it, it should be uncut.
Contact maybe the Steam Support. They can make it uncut.

The first sex card in TW1 does NOT have any nudity. A lot of people mistakenly think they have the censored version when they get Triss' card in the Prologue, but have sex with someone in Chapter 1, and you should be able to tell. ;)

argh you guys are right sorry! It appears to be uncensored after all.

Corylea said:
The first sex card in TW1 does NOT have any nudity. A lot of people mistakenly think they have the censored version when they get Triss' card in the Prologue, but have sex with someone in Chapter 1, and you should be able to tell. ;)

Yea it was the first card that confused me and from some readings that I did on the forums. There where some ppl who claimed that in the censored version of the game certain words were replaced by the word "plow". So when I heard in chapter 1 from the barmaid to go "plow myself" I thought it was the censored version.

These boards seem very friendly I'll prolly hang around for a while :).

Sirnaq said:
I think it's bizarre to censor the witcher while it's first: rated m for mature, second: witcher 2 is not censored if im not mistaken and it have much more nudity.

The Witcher 2 is censored, in Australia at least - you can't choose to get it on with the elf or succubus as that is classified as a 'reward', which is a big no-no with the idiots powers that be.

Sirnaq said:
But Witcher 2 is not censored? Also i don't understand this, are American audience less mature than European? Even the most conservative catholic countries have less censorship than USA. This is paradox USA is one of the most sexually degenerated country yet they fear any hint of nudity.

that's a popular misconception. of the western countries, australia and germany have the most censorship.

Sirnaq said:
Not true and racist,

People are people everywhere, rules and laws may or may not reflect majority views within the countries concerned, and this is an international forum, so maybe it's not a good idea not to get into a "which country is worse/best" discussion.

dragonbird said:
People are people everywhere, rules and laws may or may not reflect majority views within the countries concerned, and this is an international forum, so maybe it's not a good idea not to get into a "which country is worse/best" discussion.
I second this. "No bashing other people's countries" is one of the general rules of politeness ... and we aim to run a polite forum here.

And since the original issue is solved, I think it may be time to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom