Do the Devs read this forum?

+
Do the Devs read this forum?

Do you think they read our posts? Do you think they will use any of our ideas?

Probably to some extent. Hopefully. Marcin Momot and Keth are the most obvious examples of CDPR people who at least have forum accounts (on the first page of the Dream RPG thread and Forum suggestions thread).

They have already anounced they are implementing at least one idea I put forth... the ability to save your character onto a character sheet and print it out for use with the tabletop game...

I made that suggestion way back when the game was first anounced on the blog...

They have already anounced they are implementing at least one idea I put forth... the ability to save your character onto a character sheet and print it out for use with the tabletop game...

I made that suggestion way back when the game was first anounced on the blog...

I remember that announcement, didn't realize you had suggested it. Good job man.

During any game development cycle the more ideas the merrier.
True most are dismissed as impractical for various reasons but if nothing else we have some fertile imaginations, a good knowledge of the CP2020 rules, and not a few years of practical RPG/PC/Console experience. So I'd be surprised if someone at CDPR wasn't looking in on us from time to time.
While I doubt (m)any of the ideas presented here will be used as written I suspect the "spirit" of a few will show up in the final product.

They come in once in a while and then they do one of these:

I'm so impressed by us sometimes. I imagine it somewhat more like this:

"2077 Forum thought is so primitive, it's looked upon as an infectious disease in some better galaxies. Makes you proud, doesn't it?"

Seeing how active they are in The Witcher forums leaves me little doubt they pop in here. I wonder if Mike Pondsmith still reads these forums.

Well, if he does... hey Mike Pondsmith, your voice sounds like a velvety saxophone!

I don't know what that would actually sound like, but in my imagination it sounds fantastic!

I wonder how far along the devs are in this project and if it is on-hold due to a more pressing release (TW)?

ugh I wish I havent found out about this until later... this is going to drive me crazy not knowing more about the engine and dynamics and game play styles...

velvety saxaphone... yup

TW3 is in final programming, art and animation tweaking, and memory usage testing. None of which has much to do with development of a new game. Two different teams doing two different things on two different projects. I doubt TW3 is having much impact at all on CP2077.

I wonder how far along the devs are in this project and if it is on-hold due to a more pressing release (TW)?

ugh I wish I havent found out about this until later... this is going to drive me crazy not knowing more about the engine and dynamics and game play styles...

velvety saxaphone... yup

Mostly if you're close to the Pnp, personally i'm freaking about "how are they going to flesh all of this out?"
Sure, they can't do everything, and probably that won't be that close to the original, but damn, I really want to see how it's going to look like.

We'll probably have to wait untill they end their "The Witcher 3" marketing plans, then they'll made their Cyberpunk 2077 marketing plan with what they have in store and then they'll share some stuff with us.
Look at how it works for The Witcher, and you'll have an idea of how it'll work for Cyberpunk, don't expect anything "important" untill mid 2015, and I'm not even sure, we'll probably have just a few in-game shot, and stuff like this, we'll have to keep our hope untill 2016 I'd say.
Even a guy from CDPR said in an interview "They're not allowed to talk about Cyberpunk", so at the moment, you can just sit, wait, and read the pnp, that's the closest you'll be from the game.

Programming is quick and easy compared to design and especially art and animation.
It's really a matter of how much time and effort they want to put into game design. Ask anyone who's ever designed a game system (hint ... wisdom000, and to an extend Sard and others) and they'll tell you it's NEVER "done" as you're always finding new information to incorporate and better ways to implement things.
Rather then reinventing the wheel I'd STRONGLY suggest they take a close look at Interlock because it has years of design work behind it. But of course then they run into various legal issues unless the legal owner(s) of the material are willing to sign a contract and since Interlock is a collaborative effort there's the potential of an "intellectual property" issue with the contributers as well. Thus to avoid potential complications developers rarely look at 3rd Party products related to a game they're developing. Unfortunate but practical.

Rather then reinventing the wheel I'd STRONGLY suggest they take a close look at Interlock because it has years of design work behind it. .

CDPR has full rights to all CP2020 proeprty, as far as I know. Including Interlock, which is an R.Tal property. They've talked about the difficulty of adapting from PnP and their hopes to remain true to the game while applying video game mechanics.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/11/38...taying-true-to-cyberpunk-roots-with-printable

Yup, Interlock is, and always has been, R.Talsorians property. Originally developed for their first game, Teenagers From Outer Space, the modified for Mekton and Cyberpunk, reaching it's best published state with Cyberpunk 2020.

Heck, even Fuzion, also owned by R.Tal, is 90% interlock, 10% Hero....

Interlock Unlimited is my (and my collaborators) attempts to repair and streamline Interlock, because we didn't care for fuzion (as it didn't fix any of the problems we had, instead created new ones)... and with our years of experience witht he system we felt we had a pretty good handle on what needed fixing and what needed to be added from a fans perspective.

IU is very much unnofficial, though it does have Mikes blessing.

Top Bottom