An Opinion and Request for Redkit

+
An Opinion and Request for Redkit

Hello CDProjekt,

First off, I would like to say Thank You for The Witcher 2, it is one of my favorite games of all time.

Now then, when I first heard of the announcement for the redkit to be released to the public, I became very excited and have been patiently waiting for it's availability since last year and yeah it's finally here. :)

However, I have been tinkering around all day with it and I must admit that in it's current stage it is quite useless for me:(
I see no way of importing custom armors, animations, skeletal meshes, etc.. nor any way of editing the cutscenes.

Note:
I do realize this is an early release and there will surely be upcoming bugfixes and improvements, and I also don't know if these features I've mentioned are already planned for a later release, but if they're not, Please consider including some tools which will allow skeletal mesh import into RedKit from some outside 3d applications (Blender would be great).

Alas, Thank You for thinking of not just the player community, but modding community as well.

I believe their 3Ds exporter is fully featured and can export skeletal meshes. However yes, this doesn't solve the issue of Max not being a suitable program for many people. Blender support would be a lot more helpful ;)

Megakoresh,

The .re exporter that is available appears to allow for static mesh only with LODs and collision but nothing else, Please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

Last edited:
The .re exporter that is available appears to allow for static mesh only with LODs and collision but nothing else, Please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

Well, it sure only shows the naming tags for the LODs and Collisions... I do not know if it supports skeletal mesh export for sure, but it should since they didn't mention that this feature is not supported. of course without knowing correct naming conventions it's as good as defunct anyway. I plan to wait for the info to catch up so I can use the modkit anyway. As far as exporting goes, I don't think would be making anything in Max anyway, I don't like that program.

I would definitely prefer blender myself but when it comes to file format exchange and conversion for games it seems 3Ds is the most versatile.

Thanks for your replies:)

Top Bottom