You know what character I like? ...Aryan La Valette

+
You know what character I like? ...Aryan La Valette

Okay, first of all, don't post ANY SPOILERS HERE. I haven't finished the game yet past the 2nd Act. Yes, I already know.

After encountering Aryan at the beginning, as short as his time is there, I am fascinated by him. I just wanted to know if anyone else liked him.. hated him, what have you.

Aryan.. in a way reminds me of Commodus, played by Joaquin Phoenix in THE GLADIATOR movie, except Aryan seems a bit more (or attempted to be) noble obviously. He's interesting and intriguing for the short amount of time that I spent interacting with him.

Laphin said:
Okay, first of all, don't post ANY SPOILERS HERE. I haven't finished the game yet past the 2nd Act. Yes, I already know.

After encountering Aryan at the beginning, as short as his time is there, I am fascinated by him. I just wanted to know if anyone else liked him.. hated him, what have you.

Aryan.. in a way reminds me of Commodus, played by Joaquin Phoenix in THE GLADIATOR movie, except Aryan seems a bit more noble obviously. He's interesting and intriguing for the short amount of time that I spent interacting with him.
I personally saw Aryan as a foolish young man who knew not of the dangers and costs of war. As one of the cutscenes suggests: "War is a good time to make allies, forge friendships. Aryan, busy building walls and forging swords forgot that." My feelings towards him are pretty much neutral. He fought with me one on one, it really takes courage and honour to face a Witcher single-handedly. Especially the famed White Wolf, Geralt of Rivia.

Aryan is/was a sympathetic and noble character, even though he is your enemy at first; he is/was neither a fool nor a Commodus, though to reveal more would be spoilers. He's also one of my favorite characters.

Kitadol said:
I hated his teenager moustache
What? don't you find them adorable?

Aryan gave me the impression that could have been a little bit more important character along the story but who knows, maybe in The Witcher 3... For now, I'm just neutral with him, I didn't see him much time to make a conclusion about Aryan.

So well, I'm going to stare at this image for the next 30 minutes:

PD: How can you resize the images? I saw some people doing it and in this case would have been nice XD

secondchildren said:
What? don't you find them adorable?

At least he has a stublesque thingy with it.

I think Aryan is cool. Courageous and rash like how I'd imagine young nobles whose mother was violated would be.

But there are much better and more interesting characters out there imo.

I don't know how anybody can say they liked Aryan. He was a child with no knowledge of war who thought he could take on anybody. His moustache annoyed the hell out of me and he just generally pissed me off so I watched Geralt impale him in front of all his men.

For all the people pissing on aryans character for being stupid, try sparing him in the prologue.

You'll see him again in chapter 3 and in the subsequent conversation learn that he is way smarter than what he showed at la valette castle.

Top Bottom