GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hi Burza,

Low-unit artifact/spell decks are starting to creep onto pro ladder and are really killing the fun factor. These decks are almost completely uninteractive and exploit the game's immune mechanic in ways the devs may not have foreseen or intended. I really hope you guys can implement a solution since these decks negate any skilled counterplay and are just not good for the game.

I don't even see it as a "immune mechanic". Artifacts are just badly designed and the devs have ignored the problems with them from the beginning even though we kept telling them they were bad for the game. This is the result of putting these cards in the game and not addressing the issue. Cards that you can't interact with other than special counter cards "artifact removal" are so obviously bad for the game. It's a similar reason why weather has been changed and nerfed so many times. People would cram so much weather/special cards/ and immune cards (before artifacts were put into the game) and the devs saw that this was not good and fixed it. So why on Earth did they create the same problem again? Artifacts are even worse than weather IMO. You can trigger them whenever you want to and they have different abilities than simply damage a card by 1 or 2 every turn. It's mind boggling that they did this.

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's a minor mechanic that I couldn't quite understand as follows:

Played Fisher King - moved Tuirseach Skirmisher to top of deck - Played Dimun Pirate - sent Skirmisher to Graveyard...and the card just stayed there. Is this correct or broken?

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's a minor mechanic that I couldn't quite understand as follows:

Played Fisher King - moved Tuirseach Skirmisher to top of deck - Played Dimun Pirate - sent Skirmisher to Graveyard...and the card just stayed there. Is this correct or broken?

Move to the graveyard and Discard is not the same. If you read the description on Skirmisher, it clearly says "discard". If it were Morkvarg then this combo would work.

Move to the graveyard and Discard is not the same. If you read the description on Skirmisher, it clearly says "discard". If it were Morkvarg then this combo would work.

Thanks. Another one, perhaps not so easy to clear up; here's a screenshot of a board. I ask you to look at Knut standing next to a 2 STR VIldkarl. Who hasn't turned into a Champion. Any possible reasoning?
gwentbrokenagain.jpg

Thanks. Another one, perhaps not so easy to clear up; here's a screenshot of a board. I ask you to look at Knut standing next to a 2 STR VIldkarl. Who hasn't turned into a Champion. Any possible reasoning?
View attachment 10998418
Damnit.. Your hard luck goes beyond just luck. It introduces bugs in the game. I had never seen that not working. Every time I face SK, they do this and it has always worked for them. If you didn't post this screensho, no one would have believed you (including me) as it would have sounded ridiculous. But here we are.

I get the feeling the Gwent wants to mess up with you :giveup:. I also get bad luck, bad draws, bad matchups, but I think your case is extreme. You are probably the one in a million player who has all the bad luck (as explained by 4RM3D in a similar thread where he explained how there would be a few people who get extreme bad luck according to probability). But I am sure there will be a reverse of this. You wont stay in that bad-luck probability forever. Soon you will fall to good-luck probability and will probably stay there for a very long time and have a blast! Good Luck!
Post automatically merged:

Can any mod please be kind enough to share the post which gives the experience breakdown for a game. I remember having some points for number of rounds played and number of cards played. Is there any component for winning the game?

The reason I am asking is, whenever I play casual, I usually try to draw the game so that we both get two round wins (even if I could have won, if it was possible, I will draw the game). But if I am missing too much experience as I am not winning, I will only do that against new players and not for experienced players.

I tried to search, but couldn't find the post. It was mentioned in some post first in Polish and then translated

Last edited:
Damnit.. Your hard luck goes beyond just luck. It introduces bugs in the game. I had never seen that not working. Every time I face SK, they do this and it has always worked for them. If you didn't post this screensho, no one would have believed you (including me) as it would have sounded ridiculous. But here we are.

I get the feeling the Gwent wants to mess up with you :giveup:. I also get bad luck, bad draws, bad matchups, but I think your case is extreme. You are probably the one in a million player who has all the bad luck (as explained by 4RM3D in a similar thread where he explained how there would be a few people who get extreme bad luck according to probability). But I am sure there will be a reverse of this. You wont stay in that bad-luck probability forever. Soon you will fall to good-luck probability and will probably stay there for a very long time and have a blast! Good Luck!

Man, tell me about it; and I cannot get a reply from CDPR! I was flicking through YouTube and found this dude:

If you get a chance, watch from around 13 mins. The guys is explaining Eldain + Great Oak, and when he's waiting on the draw he's saying "ok, I now need Iorveth and tree boy "Great Oak" - he get Iorveth, one mulligan and he then has Great Oak too. Dry pass follows, then he says "I now need dragon (Saes) and the archers". The deal he gets is Dragon + Archer + something else. One mulligan and he gets the other archer.

This literally never, ever happens to me but as per the screenshots is almost always what I am up against. Feels like am terminally left with at least 3 or more Golds in the deck more or less every match. Well, I was, 'til I uninstalled it!

Is it better performance-wise to only show premiums when hovering over them instead of showing the animations all the time? Does it make a difference?

Are there plans to further improve performance on consoles?

This question has already been asked, pending an answer. So, I've moved it to the discussion thread.

Is it better performance-wise to only show premiums when hovering over them instead of showing the animations all the time? Does it make a difference?

Disabling premium animations will have the best performance. The next best thing is to only enable premiums on hover. Showing all premiums requires the most processing power.

Greetings! ;]
May I ask what the last patch or version of the game is, such as ''2.0.0.66_562'' or ''2.1...something...''? I do not find an answer anywhere else.
Thank you in advance!

Hi Burza,

I already created a thread with this suggestion, which got some positive feedback, but i dont think any of the devs saw, and since i saw on the recent stream you're actually implementing some of the suggestions into the game like the drag n drop, here's mine which is very simple and can be very helpful:

On the reward book, put a counter on each reward tree, so the players know how many reward points they need to complete that tree without having to add up all the nodes.

For example, that would have been very helpful yesterday, when a new season starts and new reward trees come and we want to figure out if we have enough RP to fill the new tree.

I already created a thread with this suggestion, which got some positive feedback, but i dont think any of the devs saw [...]

The devs do read the suggestions forum, but they do not directly respond to it. Ask a dev is only for questions, though. As such, I have moved your post to the discussion thread.

Good day to you, Mr. Burza
So, as usual, a few questions to you today:

1) What CDPR Devs thinking about multiple crafting-milling reworked cards (for achievments like 'Some people just like to watch the world burn'? Is it kind of exploit or not? Is it bannable or not? Does exist any limit how many cards you could mill? Please, answer for all this questions.
/ Please understand me correctly: I see the opportunity how can I get a rare achievment, but I don't know did the devs suggest such an option for obtaining this achievment. I just want to know more info about it, especially after last bans. /
You can check this post. @SlamaTwoFlags didn't say anything.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/b0p0am/some_people_just_like_to_watch_the_world_burn/

2) Could we get music from Witcher 3 in Gwent? Songs 'Cloak and Dagger' and few others are already were used at Pre-Homecoming version of Gwent.

3) Are you considering alternative options for getting reward points? (other achievments? short-time events? quests? buying?)
/ I ask about this because at the season of viper we should spend 80+ rp for seasonal border and the same for Letho's avatar. So, 160+ rp for 30 days , that means that players must get more than 5 per day. /

Thats all. Thanks that you hearing us. :howdy:

P.S. I'm sorry for my English.

Last edited:
So, as usual, a few questions to you today:

1 and 3 have already been asked, pending an answer.
2 has also been asked and the answer was that the devs want to focus on a new soundtrack instead of reusing old songs.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

This question has already been asked, pending an answer. So, I've moved it to the discussion thread.

Disabling premium animations will have the best performance. The next best thing is to only enable premiums on hover. Showing all premiums requires the most processing power.

Is hover-only MUCH better than all premiums activated all the time?
If deactivated is 10 and premiums is 0, where would you put hover in terms of performance?

If deactivated is 10 and premiums is 0, where would you put hover in terms of performance?

That entirely depends on the situation. If both players have a full premium deck, then having premium animation enabled will have a greater impact. I would just experiment with it. If having premium animation enabled will make the game feel sluggish, you could try the hover option. Having only one premium animation shouldn't give any issues regarding the performance. So, I would say that no animations and only on hover are pretty close together, performance-wise.

It already exists. All you have to do is right click the card ( while in the graveyard, deck, etc. ) and it will show you the provision cost.

Are Pavetta and Adalia not considered Mages?
Yes, I was thinking about the same thing about Adalia. Her premium version as well as the text clearly indicates that she is a mage. But Pavetta on the other hand
I don't think she is a mage. She can channel the Force, but a mage, she is not. She couldn't do sorcery. Much like Ciri (before the training). They had some raw power, but not a sorceress.

Top Bottom