Jobs Support Register

GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+

Riven-Twain

Moderator
#1
Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

This thread is reserved for discussion of questions and answers posted in Gwent: Ask a Dev.

Please, keep discussions polite, and respectful. Thank you. Carry on.
 
#2
In the current meta there seems to be a lack of symmetry in cards. Vran changed, yet Rot Tosser Cow stayed the same. Weather did changed to the better but now is used and abused by spell/"special" while having only 3 units in deck, thus resulting worst than having no interaction between opponents on the board. Now you have interactions only by one opponent.

Are you considering these factors and preparing to make radical changes so the meta achieves a level of symmetry which now clearly lacks?
 

Michelazz

User
#4
alexandr22 well yeah i used to play heavily a game called clash royale on apple store ( from the developpers of clash of clans) and it had a replay feature which was awesome (last 10 games if i remember correctly and you can fast forward too) now i am missing it since i started the closed beta here.
 

MrRagdoll

User
#6
Stormbuster;n8783290 said:
Why you rig the game in favor of player giving you money?
This game has card limit so only thing you can get with money is the deck you want faster. Game is absolutely free, kegs are free and you can get kegs fairly quickly.
Would you prefer them force everyone to pay for Gwent instead of keg shop? Making a game isn't free and they need to get something out of it. It's their job, not some weekend soccer club that they do for fun.
 
#7
MrRagdoll;n8788220 said:
This game has card limit so only thing you can get with money is the deck you want faster. Game is absolutely free, kegs are free and you can get kegs fairly quickly.
Would you prefer them force everyone to pay for Gwent instead of keg shop? Making a game isn't free and they need to get something out of it. It's their job, not some weekend soccer club that they do for fun.
Yes I would prefer to pay a monthly fee to play a rigging-free game. Or at least to access a rigging-free game mode against payment.
A game mode in which Random means truly random, as per dictionary definition.
A game mode in which any card has the same probability to held any position in the shuffled deck as any other card. Not like this one in which I am dropping Biting Frost for a chance to get any other card, cause I already have Wild Hunt Hound, but I am getting another one back - even two times in a row.
A game mode in which Ghoul will consume with any card from graveyards with equal chance. Not like this one in which Ghoul is consuming with a freaking high probability the smallest or next to smallest card in both graveyards - even if there are only 2 small 2-4 cost cards in graveyards and 5-6 higher cards.
A game mode in which the scissors-paper-rock will apply for real in terms of how cards are shuffled - I mean that a deck is rounded to battle with fair chances against any other faction deck out there. Not like this one in which when I play a Monsters deck again a NG I see them opponents displaying over and over and over again the same 15 cards, while if I am playing a Northerners deck I see with the same regularity other 15 cards set of the same copied deck.
A game mode in which I start the first round with equal probability like any other player. Not like this one in which I am starting first in 80% of my games (and I am playing 95% of them up to the end), and in some half of the 80% I start the second round first again (noticed all cases: lost/won 1st round, had more/less cards than opponent; and this while when my opponent starts the first round I am 95% starting the second)
A game mode in which I have the same chance in getting the same average amount of legendary cards per play like any other player around. Not like this one in which I increased the chance to get Kayran by putting in the deck Royal Decree, but I see them any of them 2 in less than 40% of my game, while my opponents are getting all 4 legendary cards (without using Royal decree!!!!) in like 90% of my games.

I can give a lot of other examples. Do you have any valid explanation why various aspects which are influencing the 3 rounds final result are so unbalanced in terms of probability for me? What does differentiate me from other players in respect of the aforementioned aspects,which are not related to any skill. I cannot see any other difference but the status: I am f2p, others are p2w.

Did you get the picture? Until one can comment on my game skills should first answer why the basic aspects: shuffling, chance of consuming, starting position are so unbalanced for me.

Any of you whom already gave some money for this game...just have a look to those things I mentioned before...how does the game look for you?

At the end, I say again. I will more then gladly pay for a rigging - free game mode as I really like the game. I would pay as I paid for so many other games in my life. Never asked for free access to fun! But will never ever pay for getting fake victories. So I never paid a single dime to a so called free-to-play game until I verified is rigging-free (and tbh, I noticed quite few of them out there). I want to win solely based only on my skills and luck! I am not getting drunk with plain water ;)

 

MrRagdoll

User
#8
Do you honestly expect me to read ALL THAT? There is no premium card that free user couldn't get and everyone can mill cards to everyone can craft cards they want.
All you need to do is play slightly longer to make ideal deck, if you are too impatient to play casual abit longer before ranked it doesn't make it rigged.

Stormbuster;n8794700 said:
Yes I would prefer to pay a monthly fee to play a rigging-free game. Or at least to access a rigging-free game mode against payment.
A game mode in which Random means truly random, as per dictionary definition.
A game mode in which any card has the same probability to held any position in the shuffled deck as any other card. Not like this one in which I am dropping Biting Frost for a chance to get any other card, cause I already have Wild Hunt Hound, but I am getting another one back - even two times in a row.
A game mode in which Ghoul will consume with any card from graveyards with equal chance. Not like this one in which Ghoul is consuming with a freaking high probability the smallest or next to smallest card in both graveyards - even if there are only 2 small 2-4 cost cards in graveyards and 5-6 higher cards.
A game mode in which the scissors-paper-rock will apply for real in terms of how cards are shuffled - I mean that a deck is rounded to battle with fair chances against any other faction deck out there. Not like this one in which when I play a Monsters deck again a NG I see them opponents displaying over and over and over again the same 15 cards, while if I am playing a Northerners deck I see with the same regularity other 15 cards set of the same copied deck.
A game mode in which I start the first round with equal probability like any other player. Not like this one in which I am starting first in 80% of my games (and I am playing 95% of them up to the end), and in some half of the 80% I start the second round first again (noticed all cases: lost/won 1st round, had more/less cards than opponent; and this while when my opponent starts the first round I am 95% starting the second)
A game mode in which I have the same chance in getting the same average amount of legendary cards per play like any other player around. Not like this one in which I increased the chance to get Kayran by putting in the deck Royal Decree, but I see them any of them 2 in less than 40% of my game, while my opponents are getting all 4 legendary cards (without using Royal decree!!!!) in like 90% of my games.

I can give a lot of other examples. Do you have any valid explanation why various aspects which are influencing the 3 rounds final result are so unbalanced in terms of probability for me? What does differentiate me from other players in respect of the aforementioned aspects,which are not related to any skill. I cannot see any other difference but the status: I am f2p, others are p2w.

Did you get the picture? Until one can comment on my game skills should first answer why the basic aspects: shuffling, chance of consuming, starting position are so unbalanced for me.

Any of you whom already gave some money for this game...just have a look to those things I mentioned before...how does the game look for you?

At the end, I say again. I will more then gladly pay for a rigging - free game mode as I really like the game. I would pay as I paid for so many other games in my life. Never asked for free access to fun! But will never ever pay for getting fake victories. So I never paid a single dime to a so called free-to-play game until I verified is rigging-free (and tbh, I noticed quite few of them out there). I want to win solely based only on my skills and luck! I am not getting drunk with plain water ;)
 

JonSwish

User
#10
Brenex;n8810650 said:
They mentioned during the stream that people who already milled them will receive dust.
Hmm... They said this only for people who bought Kegs iirc. Hence my next question: if you bought kegs you will receive scraps, is it going to be a fixed amount or proportional to the amount of Kegs bought?

But now that I'm writing this I'm doubting, while I'm sure they said "for people who bought kegs", it could mean with Ores of real money, I just assumed they'd refund only people who bought it with real money somehow.
 

Brenex

User
#11
JonSwish;n8811610 said:
Hmm... They said this only for people who bought Kegs iirc. Hence my next question: if you bought kegs you will receive scraps, is it going to be a fixed amount or proportional to the amount of Kegs bought?

But now that I'm writing this I'm doubting, while I'm sure they said "for people who bought kegs", it could mean with Ores of real money, I just assumed they'd refund only people who bought it with real money somehow.
Are you sure it's just for people who bought kegs? From what I understood, anyone who already milled their cards will receive the compensation, because they basically milled them for half the value they will have after the patch.
 

Brenex

User
#12
CoolAtSchool;n8816910 said:
What happens to the trophies in the main game? If there is a "reach level 5 trophy" and I already reached it in the beat, do I get the trophy immediately once trophies are added or do I have to delete my progress to get it?
That is your biggest concern?
 

Brenex

User
#14
CoolAtSchool;n8819780 said:
Why ask the questions that have already been asked and / or answered?
It just seemed like a very minor problem compared to other current ones. I don't think any sane dev would implement something that makes you reset your progression, it wouldn't make sense. So if there would be progression related trophies like the ones you mentioned, you would probably receive them the first time you log in (all the ones you already met the criteria for). That's how it happens for most Steam games for example.
 

Riven-Twain

Moderator
#17
Michelazz;n8821450 said:
I dont know why the devs did not answer my question regarding the replay feature.
They can't answer every question, and we can't promise that they will. Sorry.
 

nicholakus

User
#18
Probably a dumb question, but do factions still have passives?? I remember them from the Witcher game but don't remember specifically with faction does what and nowhere in-game does it say the passives of the factions.
 

Brenex

User
#19
nicholakus;n8827290 said:
Probably a dumb question, but do factions still have passives?? I remember them from the Witcher game but don't remember specifically with faction does what and nowhere in-game does it say the passives of the factions.
They were removed when Open Beta launched.