Invigorate is so terrible that...

+
... That in the world of the Witcher the flex of saying "I can beat you with one hand tied behind my back and a limp leg!" became obsolete and they started saying "I can beat you with Invigorate!" instead. :]

... when you play it in PRO, opponents forfeit out of pity.

... all the post-MM "buff" to handbuff made absolutely no difference.

... I played it in pro ladder while getting the mastery achievement, because you can't realistically get lower win rates, anyway.

... you want to joke about it but it's just too sad.

...you hide your face in shame if you get beatn by it.
I know that this is a joke thread, but there's a lot of truth in that statement. My friend's fairly new to Gwent, and he's spent most of this month playing a random Scoia'tael Invigorate deck in Seasonal. He probably only wins around half his games, but he told me that, for some reason, most of the players who lose to him don't give him a GG. I find this crazy because I nearly always receive GG's in the Draconid Seasonal playing Monsters and Skellige, which are both much stronger than Scoia'tael. Where he wins only half his games, I probably win three quarters of mine. Plus, he's a much lower level/prestige, so the extra GG rewards are more important for him.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know that this is a joke thread, but there's a lot of truth in that statement. My friend's fairly new to Gwent, and he's spent most of this month playing a random Scoia'tael Invigorate deck in Seasonal. He probably only wins around half his games, but he told me that, for some reason, most of the players who lose to him don't give him a GG. I find this crazy because I nearly always receive GG's in the Draconid Seasonal playing Monsters and Skellige, which are both much stronger than Scoia'tael. Where he wins only half his games, I probably win three quarters of mine. Plus, he's a much lower level/prestige, so the extra GG rewards are more important for him.

If your "fairly new to Gwent" friend wins around half of his games with Invigorate on seasonal then he is a God, destined to become the top player in the game...

If your "fairly new to Gwent" friend wins around half of his games with Invigorate on seasonal then he is a God, destined to become the top player in the game...
I think you're forgetting that the new matchmaking system ensures that he only encounters other Prestige 0-1 players, so I'm sure it was easier for him than it would be for me (Prestige 2-3) and especially you (probably Prestige 9-10)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think you're forgetting that the new matchmaking system ensures that he only encounters other Prestige 0-1 players, so I'm sure it was easier for him than it would be for me (Prestige 2-3) and especially you (probably Prestige 9-10)

I was not forgetting that... yes, he's obviously facing weaker competition, but on the other hand, he also doesnt have that much experience himself, so that might balance things out a bit.

I dont know, maybe you're right, Invigorate at least its simple, while i've seen other newbies use 'default' abilities like Inspired Zeal for NR with no order golds, just for the charges, or MO Carapace, again just for the boosts. I guess against those, Invigorate is not so bad.

I was not forgetting that... yes, he's obviously facing weaker competition, but on the other hand, he also doesnt have that much experience himself, so that might balance things out a bit.

I dont know, maybe you're right, Invigorate at least its simple, while i've seen other newbies use 'default' abilities like Inspired Zeal for NR with no order golds, just for the charges, or MO Carapace, again just for the boosts. I guess against those, Invigorate is not so bad.
Yes, in this seasonal that could work.

Jus tbuff the cards in the beggening and play it

Just got 100 wins with Invigorate this season (played Invigorate only this month)

Invigorate too OP bro

:smart:

Attachments

• gicguo.jpg
    gicguo.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 85

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know this thread is meant to be more short-form and enterntaining, so i apologize for the following rambing.
Now Invigorate is the only of the 20 default leader abilities i have to master (only 20 wins left though), and hope this post somehow helps me do that...

Invigorate is so terrible because its a lose-lose situation.
Its the worst ability in the game to push, whether its R1 or R2. You can use the ability as opener R1, to increase the odds of winning that round, but then you go to R3 with no leader ability.
Or you can try to save it for R3, but this is incredibly hard, because on R1, if you go past 4 cards, you will definitely lose value later on, or worse, if you lose R1, opponent can (and definitely will) push R2 and force you to use leader on only 4-7 cards, or can even go until his last card and so you will only have 3 cards left to buff on R3.

This ability is just awful. The only situation where it would be remotely viable (but still worse than other ST abilities) is if the ST cardpool was significantly stronger than the rest, which is definitely not the case in current meta.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Invigorate is so terrible that i won 5 matches in a row with it.

Wait, what? Something is wrong... We must have gone to a parallel universe where Invigorate is actually good! :ohstopit:

OK now jokes aside, i decided to make the most midrangey deck i've ever done, to increase Invigorate's odds and it actually worked. Finally finished that Mastery and got my Jack of All Trades title.

The deck is just pure pointslam + techs, and i got techs for everything - purify, movement, artefact removal, row punish, 2 locks and 1 tall removal (because nobody expects those in ST), and Oneiromancy to get any of those according to the situation. And for the pointslam, got the ones with the best ratios and multiple bodies: Novigrad Justice, Vernossiel and Eleyas.

I've been able to beat a lot of decks with this, not just new players or memes. It beat every tier 2 deck because those often rely on scenarios, which are just removed, like Passiflora and Masq Ball. I havent faced any SK (which would probably give me no chance) but i've reliably beat Shieldwall, thanks to my techs that counter each and every one of their moves.

Now that i've finally managed to build a Invig deck with over 50% winrate, im done with its mastery and dont need to use it anymore :shrug:

Invigorate is so terrible that I just watched my friend go 2-3 with 20 Golds in his Arena deck solely because that was his leader. I ended up participating because I was curious if he was going to go 9-0 because of the sheer power of his deck, even if it did lack both synergy and removal. I honestly didn't even know it was possible to draft 20 Golds before this happened; I usually draft an average of 10, which is one of the main reasons I often avoid the mode. Needless to say, I was shocked that he wasn't even able to break even. In hindsight, he should have just opened with his Leader every game; trying to save it for Round 3 was the reason he lost almost all of his matches, but even still, Invigorate is such a massive pile of ****.

M3e0w

Forum regular
Invigorate is so terrible that...

...it almost makes imprisonment look tempting to play.

Well I was kind of hoping that it would finally receive a rework along with the new expansion but considering that all Scoia'tael Card's are for the Movement Archetype and we already have a support Leader for that it looks like Invigorate is surviving 2020 unchanged. :giveup:

Top Bottom