( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing about the slow walking issue in the changelog of the upcoming patch 1.08. Can we know at least if this is a bug or it was intentional ?

I think someone from CDPR should at least have responded on this matter by now. Was it removed for the alternative movement to work properly ? And it will never be back. Was it a bug and its gonna be fixed ?
35 pages now... i mean common.. let us know at least

I posted this problem in the tech support thread and there was a short response there today requesting more info, which I will submit to their tech support tonight given the chance. Not an official response, but it is something. If you are interested, the address (sort of) is below.

Can't post a link but change httbp to http and it will get you there.

Httbp://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53765-Slower-walk-speed-broken-with-patch-1-07

You might want to also submit information concerning this issue since I know, from this thread, that the problem affects all three game platforms. Please, no flame wars, just constructive information regarding this bug.

Last edited:
The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

We started this game with a very immersive game that i really loved but slowly more and more get taken away it seems, first it started with AI Characters being downsized which made cities less alive. Now we even lose the slow walk option. This is getting worse every patch. Please bring this back in the game because I really want to be able to enjoy the surroundings without having to fast walk everywhere.

The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

Most of the time I don't post here and just read through the topics but this time I feel compelled to at least voice my opinion.

I can not understand this decision at all and I am not unreasonable, I always try to see and understand all sides of a story.

Thing is - even with slow walk gone the problem with the responsiveness when transitioning is still there - it is still bad - I can not see any improvement in the transition.

This could just be me and the way I look at things, maybe the transition is better for other players but I can not understand why you could not make this optional - you already made an alternative movement method - why not limit the "no slow walk - transition" to the new method or even better make it optional for both methods.

I used to love taking a stroll through Novigrad - just walking down the streets marveling at all the awesome buildings and all the little details - now I can hardly walk without bumping into guards, shady individuals and strumpets.

Before the patch I took my time with everything - now I always ride in full gallop even in Novigrad - just get from point A to B and be done with it - is this really what you guys envisioned for an immersive experience ?

Edit: I just went to check my steam profile - I have "224 hrs on record" and I haven't even finished the game - hell, I am still in Act1 ... so yeah I slow-walked quite a bit ( and loved it ) but now I might as well run to the finishline

Last edited:
I can hardly walk without bumping into guards, shady individuals and strumpets.
Yeah ikr.
I also noticed in some instance you need to follow someone that runs at speed between your walk and run speed. Which is annoying, though most of the time NPC walk at your speed.
Shame this was not implemented as an option..."responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stoppin" does not explain why we can still slow walk slow inside. I reckon that responsiveness would be even more important indoors in a tight space. But then again i did not have that complaint at all

Ok, people complain about responsiveness being bad..., so you remove the analog control....

But what about all the others?? what about those here?

Why you break "our gameplay" whereas you made two controls option mode??
I really don't get it.

It's not always a wise idea to hear your beloved fans. In a game like the Witcher 3, with a huge focus on exploration and immersion, removing the slow walk is a step in the wrong direction. But you know that, i'm sure. Remember, just stick with your idea. It's your game. Thanks for the reply, we appreciate it.

I figured this might have been the case. It's a real shame for those (like myself) who used and loved slow walking. To many people it was a huge part of their experience. Why couldn't there have been an option? Oh well, thanks for the reply none-the-less.

Last edited:

I, as many others in here, humbly ask you at CDPR to rethink this decision, mading it a optional... a choice for who wants it! ;-)

I really just can't wrap my head around this, I thought the point of the alternate method was to give the option of a more responsive control, not to force it on people that had no problem with it in the first damn place!

We got an alternative control scheme for the complaints of slow movement. So why not just disable the slow walk for the alternate, and keep it for the original? Or at least give us the option to "allow slow walking." I understand and respect a design decision, but not one that so many people dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom